[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a very simple question for you today, /adv/. On the subject

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

I have a very simple question for you today, /adv/.

On the subject of being supportive of friends relationships, should I be vocal in my disapproval or obligatorily supportive? My best friend is currently pursuing a girl and I think he could do much better. She's not terribly attractive relative to him nor is she interesting and I think he's settling because he just got out of a 4 year relationship and is on the rebound but I've never been in a situation like this before and I dunno if it's correct to interject or not. If I am supposed to let him know, how do I do it without sounding like an ass?
>>
File: Swuge.jpg (32KB, 776x445px) Image search: [Google]
Swuge.jpg
32KB, 776x445px
>>16859679
Friends don't let friends scrape the bottom of the barrel. Tell him he can do so much better.
>>
>>16859679
Tell him exactly what you have said in this post, always being respectful. But don't force him to stop seeing her.
>>
Voice your opinion respectfully. That's what a true friend should do.
>>
File: 1410477590424.jpg (45KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1410477590424.jpg
45KB, 720x480px
>>16859679

>She's not terribly attractive relative to him

In your opinion.

>nor is she interesting

To you.

>I dunno if it's correct to interject or not

The point I'm trying to make is that there's a different between being "obligatorily supportive" and just keeping your mouth shut and not being a fucking asshole just because YOU wouldn't date the girl he's interested in.

The fact that you aren't interested in her or find her interesting or attractive holds absolutely no relation to whether or not he does. If he asks you, tell him what you think without being disrespectful, if he doesn't ask you, keep your mouth shut because honestly, its none of your business.

As you grow to be an adult you're going to realize that co-workers, friends and bosses are ALL going to have girlfriends you find horrid. You just suck it up and deal with it because unless she is actually a bad person, as in, lying, cheating, stealing, abusive etc., the only thing you're doing is basically saying,

"Hey, I know you're really interested in this girl but I think she's ugly and boring and I wouldn't fuck her so you should move on."

Learning when to hold your tongue will come in handy later in life, desu.
>>
>>16859727
Wrong. If the girl he likes isn't necessarily attractive or interesting to you, then it's none of your fucking business cause you're not him. If the girl is a shit person or druggie or cheats or makes him a shittier person, then by all means, say something, but "you could do better" is bullshit and a REALLY stupid reason to say something to your friend.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.