[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hobbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: virgin_logo_2387.gif (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
virgin_logo_2387.gif
5KB, 250x250px
Hello /adv/. So, about me, i used to have expensive hobbies. Was a hardcore gamer and a comic book collector. I gave up on them when i saw that they weren't giving me the satisfaction for the price. Sold my consoles and my pc, bought a good notebook(beter for studying and space on my room) and stopped buying comics, will download them now.

The only thing i'm spending money on is when i go out to play soccer with my friends(rent the place, but is cheap), and when i go out to eat something, but i don't do this so much. I started Karate but my parents pay for it(i'm on uni).

So, there are things i could do without spending so much money on? Tried anime, tv shows(downloading stuff) but been thinking about more. Oh, i read books too.

Tl dr : reccomend me some hobbies and tell me which hobbies do you have
>>
>Sold my consoles and my pc

I'm basically poor and I can say that gaming on a pc is one of the least expensive hobbies out there.

You can use the same computer for many years, and you can download games for free. Even if you prefer to pay, there's lots of promotions on steam that make games cheap as fuck.
>>
>>16859244
Honestly if i could have the time id go to the gym more. If i had the time plus money id go learn some ju jitsu. Not for fighting purposes but it builds discipline plus i kinda miss the grappling i did with frienda when i was in the corps.

The other shit that i do that dont costs me money is the uberbasics. Drawing and writing. Loved LOVED writing military fiction. But again, takes time i dont have. Figure out what your interests are and try to make them cheap bud.

But anything fun costs at least 8 dollars.
>>
>>16859255
I understands this but the thing is, my PC wasnt that good and i don't play much any new stuff or even have interest on it. If i need to, i do have a fairly powerful laptop to hold on, but thanks
>>
>>16859244

depends what kind of hobbies you are looking for.

im more on the creative side. namely filmmaking but i dabble in making little video games (rpg maker shit) or comics, or radio plays now and then to fulfill my storytelling needs.

you can also invest in board games. yes the good unique ones cost a bit of money but they last forever.
>>
>>16859269
Thank you for your recommendations. Did you used to share your writing with.people?
>>
>>16859272
>my PC wasnt that good and i don't play much any new stuff
Sounds like they go hand in hand. One of the games I play most frequently to this day is star control 2. A game that came out in 1992.
>>
>>16859244
You seem to have your priorities straight. Why don't you take up writting or drawing. Sky diving is cool. I would do those but poorfag so gaming is all I have. It doesnt fulfill me anymore. I took karte when I was a kid but lost intrest quick that was it. Guess its my fault.
>>
>>16859277
Dude all the time. I have ZERO shame. Most people that do write or draw have that embarrassment of being rejected. I aint got shit to prove to no one so I would let anyone who would read breeze through my stuff.

But when it comes to military fiction people like that cloak and dagger tom clancy stuff. I wrote from the perspective of a grunt. Because everyone wants to be the pilot. Everyone wants to be the agent. But what they dont see is that grunt grinding through hell. Picture John McClane (Die Hard) but deployed. Thats what i was going for.

Also. When you are so open with your art, You get more criticisms and it just makes it more awesome. My father was an 0311 and he helped me write in dialogue of how a grunt would order in close air support. People seemed to love those parts when you explain REAL detail in with awesome explosions.
>>
>>16859283
Indeed i didnt make much sense huh? One of the other reasons was the space that the hardware occupied :)
>>
I'm a movie buff. Don't spend much since i download everything.
>>
>>16859244
>>>>>/out/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.