[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some real arguments against suicide that aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What are some real arguments against suicide that aren't religious or "you're family will miss you"?
>>
>>16858439

Suiciders make the wrong comparisons and forget life's starting point and how much it took us to get here.

We assign value to things by comparison.

"My life sucks because I see some other people's lives and they way better off."

Why don't on consider comparing to people from the past?

For example, I have a STEM background and I recognize the mathematical geniuses as best of what
makind has.

Gauss, Euler, Newton etc deserved all happiness in the world. Yet my life is much better than theirs, or that of any person tht lived in their times (their king, for example).

I have access to much better food (food in their times SUCKED HARD, they had low variety of it and spices were so damn expensive), I got access to automobiles, clean water at the temperature I want, protection from most illnesses (this is very important), labor rights, internet, movies, music, chocolat, much better women that they had (and smelling way better) etc. God damn, not even toiled paper they had. I also got more free times to spend with my friends, a justice system that is much fairer(and less terrifying, look at their death penalties) than theirs..

Human condition is constantly improving.

Life starts without invitation.The first microorganisms didn't choose to come into existence. Or the animals that came thereafter. In nature, life is immense suffering. Animals are afraid of dying every single day and don't know if they will get any food or water on that day. They are easy targets for predators, parasites and other natural enemies.

Thanks to few exceptionally hardworking geniuses in our history, technology freed us from this hell.
>>
>>16858633
Even if you take just your heritage - think about it. Your grand-gran-grand... father was cavemen with no shelter, no health care, not easy access to water etc.. Imagine his face if he saw you with all this comfort thinking about killing yourself?
Many of your acestors died of trivial diseases, eaten alive by predators or parasites etc.. for their standards, which is 99% of human history, you live in paradise. Now you want to throw that in the garbage because even though you're part of the 1%, you're still jealous of the 0,01%.

Even if you can't find a girlfriend, or a job as good as you want etc.. there are still many good things in life. Appreciate good food, watch good movies, listen to good music.. cheer up on every single pleasure that mankind spend a long time in suffering to offer you. When you envy the top 0,001% don't forget you're in the top 1%.
>>
>>16858439
People's moods, attitudes and world view change constantly. Young people especially aren't really mentally mature till their mid 20s.

Ultimately, the world you see is an image of the real world built by your mind. No two people see anything the same way. Where you see no chance, another person just like you may see a path as clear as day.

Suicide is a permanent solution to what is almost certainly temporary problem.
>>
>It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
I feel like this is overused a lot but in my experience it has been effective.
>>
>>16858439
Think of all the things you'll never be able to taste/see/feel/play/develop/care for/wear/work at.

Death is final, if you've already accepted death then is there any reason not to just so stuff because why the hell not, it's literally not like you have anything else, so go find something
>>
>>16858439
I've been down that road, OP. About 3 years ago I just dropped out of college because I was too sick for classes, no job, no work experience and in a drying out economy. Tried to end it all, took a bottle of sleeping pills with some NyQuil. Barely made it out, and at the time my mind didn't change, and I was determined to finish myself off. I didn't (my family kept drugs away from me since then, couldn't afford more but it eventually got better. I have a part time job as a library assistant in a primary school now, a love interest that's hopefully going somewhere, and I actually made a couple friends. I won't say it's been an easy ride. Hell, even now my life is pretty much shit. But every time I look at that empty bottle of pills, I think, "I'm glad I made it". I might not have had the life I wanted, or even the life I think I deserved, but I wouldn't trade it for anything at this point. My advice? Find your pillar, your reason to continue and cling to it with everything you are. Never think your pillar is meaningless or stupid. For a long time, my pillar was actually gaming. Sounds stupid, I know, but games gave me something to do, something I could control, something that was up to me and no one else, something that could forgive and forget and most importantly start over. And every time I had an interview I didn't make it through I would just cling to it until the next. And it kept me going for almost a year and a half until I actually landed a job. Then I made that my pillar. And I kept going, and I'm still going, and hopefully I won't ever stop.
I'm sure you've heard this all before, but suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
>>
File: 1456475653981.png (150KB, 436x377px) Image search: [Google]
1456475653981.png
150KB, 436x377px
Humans are social creatures. Our actions influence others, and our life has an impact on everybody that has met us.

This is why some people see suicide victims as being selfish. Suicide has a negative net impact on society, even if that person is a pariah. It can break apart social circles and cause others to commit suicide as a consequence.

Everybody has a responsibility to be happy, not only for themselves but for the people around them. People who commit suicide don't see or care about this though.
>>
>>16858633
>>16858635

I think this stuck with me the most out of anything anyone has ever said to me. Thank you
>>
>>16858439

depends on what their their reason for suicide is. take that, deconstruct it, fix it, etc.

all that being said, the general answer is

'temporary problem's permanent solution'.

they dont want to kill themselves if they've already told you about it. they just want to feel heard, and no one listens unless its 'IM A FACKIN SHOOT MYSELF'
>>
>>16858439
You want to live. You are seeking reasons to live; that isn't something a person who wants to die does. But isn't wanting to live already the best reason of all?
>>
You never get a second chance at life.
>>
>>16858439
There really aren't any good arguments against it, people who want to kill themselves should be able to
It's the one freedom we have, to be able to die how we want
>>
>>16858927
welcome. I'm experienced in suicide thoughts :D, today I find them ridiculous (except if you have some kind of horrible disease, like Chantal Sébire's, or something of that level)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.