[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About 8 months ago I (24 m) graduated college and moved to a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160226_132418.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160226_132418.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
About 8 months ago I (24 m) graduated college and moved to a small island in the Caribbean for work after living in the States my whole life. Despite being here for a while I still feel like I haven't made any friends. I've met people, went out, had fun but never really made true connections and had anyone I feel I can actually relate to and feel a real connection. I dated a girl who I wasn't all that into for 2 months just so I'd have someone to spend time with. It didn't work out as we didn't have a whole lot in common, and honestly I found myself not even enjoying my time spent with her. As much as I try I can't seem to find "my people". In college I was pretty sociable, was in a fraternity, had a good amount of friends both and outside of it. I was never a popular person, but I had close connections with people I enjoyed. I still keep up with some friends with regular phone calls, this is really all that keeping me sane. I feel that i need to have a group of peers that I can relate to to feel happy. Ive thought about giving up on my goal and trying to be happy on my own some days, and some days I am. But after a few days I go back to wanting a human connection. I'm not sure if it's worth sucking it up and spending time around people I don't find particularly interesting to me, or to try to keep embracing being happy on my own until I find someone I am happy with.

Tldr: What are some good ways to go about being happy when you feel like you are alone?
>>
>>16858333
There's no good way.

Start investing more. Help people and expect nothing in return. Spend time in their company even if you feel it's a waste. Introduce them to things they may not even care for, appear enthusiastic about what you enjoy.

You reap what you sow.
>>
>>16858354
Any books or self help PDFs of inspiration?
I've been reading How To Make Friends and Motivate People but I want more.
>>
In a similar situation myself friend.

Just try to find people into the same hobbies as you. Moved to a different state 3 years ago and have made next to know friends, but I've been getting better about it lately. Found my gf through online dating, been together 2.5 years now, we bonded over simple things like smoking, drawing, philosophical discussions, and whatnot, now we've gotten even closer as time has gone one and we can talk about pretty much anything and everything. Don't really have "close" friends other than that, but have made acquaintances through work also into like anime and vidya gaems, and some buddies at the gym whom I talk fitness related stuff to. None of them are close but the gf, but he'll even just having people you can relate to and be kinda friends with is better than having none at all
>>
>>16858687
Glad to here it worked out for you
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.