[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in a 16 people student house and our kitchen gets dirty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: OiKKR0L.jpg (81KB, 600x762px) Image search: [Google]
OiKKR0L.jpg
81KB, 600x762px
I live in a 16 people student house and our kitchen gets dirty within a week. Dishes have been piling up and there are no clean plates or cutlery.
How do I get everybody to actually do their own dishes and keep the place clean?
>>
>>16857784
>How do I get everybody to actually do their own dishes and keep the place clean?

You don't. Welcome to life with room mates.

Well, you could of course bitch and scream at them. But that's just going to create a lot of hostility between you and everyone else, even if they do clean up.

But seriously: This is exactly why the ultimate goal is to get a job where you can live by yourself or with people who will actually clean up after themselves.
>>
Hire a mom.

Alternatively, live with it. Wash your own stuff and keep it in a little wicker basket or something in your room. That way if you have company over, you can prepare breakfast in the morning and bring it back to the room to eat. Plus it looks very orderly while not in use.

But that's it. Otherwise you have to ignore the embarrassment that is your roommates' filth. You can't force them to respect a space when it's 15/16ths theirs. It's their squalor. Shake your head and move on.
>>
File: 1453266262112.jpg (372KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1453266262112.jpg
372KB, 1920x1040px
>>16857784
Buy yourself one bowl, one set of silverware, one plate and maybe a pan or two. Each time you use your dishes wash them and take them back to your room.

Now you don't have to hate all the dirty cunts who can't keep up with basic chores and your life will be easier/stress free.

Seriously. Trying to modify one other person's behavior is near impossible. Trying to modify a house full of them sounds like some hellish bullshit.

If you can't deal with washing your things as soon as you're done using them you're part of the problem you're complaining about.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.