[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live abroad. I moved abroad after a few years of uni back home.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1366742899726.jpg (44KB, 374x480px) Image search: [Google]
1366742899726.jpg
44KB, 374x480px
I live abroad. I moved abroad after a few years of uni back home. Also moving abroad with me were some of my classmates. One of them is a girl that I have a massive crush on, though I'm 95% sure she's not interested. We were going to study at the same uni abroad as well, but my classmates all backed out one by one, at last also my crush. I stuck to my guns though, and thus I ended up at one university, all of my friends at another. We still live in the same city and study the same subject, though we don't see each other very often.

I have no friends in my class now. It's not like I haven't tried, but people just don't want to hang out with me. There was one guy I did a lot of stuff with last year, but since new year's, he's been busy and/or "exhausted" (his words) literally (literally) every time I ask if he wants to do something.

I feel totally socially isolated. All I'm ever doing is sitting at home, struggling with homework or playing Terraria. I've tried Tinder, but no luck. I've gone out a few times alone, but I always end up with no new friends or anything else. The only people that wants to hang out with me are my old friends, on average 1-2 times a month. However, every time I get back to my place after hanging out with them, I get depressed because of this girl that I adore so much, yet can't get. It really is a hopeless feeling.

I don't know what to do. I'm performing poorly in class. I've started drinking heavily, about half a liter of vodka 2-3 times a week, sometimes skipping classes because of it. I regret more or less every decision I've ever made, especially how I went to Uni 1 while all my friends went to Uni 2. There was literally nothing stopping me from tagging along. Should I just have stayed back home? My self esteem is non existent, I'm gaing weight and losing sleep.

I'm 25, and I just can't see any scenario anymore where I'll ever be happy.

I don't know what kind of advice, if any, I'm asking for either. I just needed to write this down.
>>
>>16857570
Well, first of all: Congratulations on falling for the big lie that an education overseas is somehow magically better or more fulfilling than an education you could have gotten back at home.

Yes, you should have stayed back home. Learn from this.

Second: This is actually just a part of life you would have had to encounter and deal with at one point or another. Sooner or later you'll graduate, have to go get a job, and while working full time you'll see you don't have quite as much time for friends and social activities. Best get used to it now.

Though, admittedly, it's a lot easier to make friends with co-workers then it is university classmates.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.