[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into the film industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Anyone familiar with the film industry? I want to act, write, edit, or direct movies. I understand that the film industry is a gamble and is basically luck based; but is there anything I should do this early in my life that would give me a chance?
>>
>>16855747
>Anyone familiar with the film industry?
I'm not
>>
Move to Vancouver. Go to one of the 80 film schools here. Hang out where they film CW shows until they ask you to carry something. Then you're in forever.

Source: I have 5 friends who work in the film/television industry in Vancouver (2 writers, 1 actor, 1 prop maker, 1 cameraman).
>>
>>16855747
You go to a film school and cronie someone big.

Look at all the no names who've directed ancillary capeshit movies. They did the film school route.

The alternative is to go organic. Get a gun, a girl and a camera and make cool home movies and share them around. You may never get famous, but you may find you enjoy it.
>>
>>16855747
Join your local IATSE 212 and start as a grip
>>
>>16855747
Go to film school.
Do A TON of work. Your projects, someone else's, be willing to work for free for years. Know when to start asking for money. Get contacts. Get more contacts. Go to parties, know people. Be interesting and always push yourself to having new ideas. Do shitty shorts with your shitty friends just because thats how you get into the world.
Then you might start knowing people who are better at it.
Pls dont be elitist like 95% of the indistry.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.