[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free, clean technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 14565554040092014647169.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
14565554040092014647169.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
I have a dream, and I want help with it.

I know one person can make a difference, but since I'm scared of people trying to kill me, I'd rather share this idea and ask for advice.

Don't know if this thread will grow and last, but even if not it'll be nice to get any tips.

I apologize to the staff if this thread is misplaced, it's my first time in the site. I also readed the rule section, so I'm sorry if I'm mistaken.

Let's move to the subject. Get ready, it will be long.

Today we have an electromagneticc-based technology, and I think it's not enough because eletronic boards keep frying at some point. Do you think we can develop some kind of photon-based magnetic technology? If possible, it would replace the need for electrical circuits, and electricity would be based on light instead of electron, solving the problem of energy supplying.

I ask that because I'm researching a way to create a light generator based in self supplying. And it would make computer processing a lot faster and hardware a lot lighter.

I'm studying programming, and I have plans to start a computer factory, then move to a energy research center, then mess with virtual reality in a light based internet.

Yes, I know it's a Star Trek notion, but, do you think it's reachable?

I'm willing to devot my future to this idea, but first I need to know if it's just a dream. No, I'm not a kid...

As you see, it's a pretty ambitious quest, but is a good fight. No more blood for any kind of "oil" in the world, and no more aggression to the mother nature.

If you think it's impossible, say why. If you think I can do it, then we can do it together if you give me a tip or two. How do you think would be better to start this road, for example.

Thank you.
>>
>>16853309
Based on my limited physics and ECE knowledge, this is unlikely to be a possibility.

If you wanna dedicate your life to a cause, work on fusion tech. It has the potential to output ~300x the worlds current electrical demand all from one reactor. It would create clean and super cheap energy. The third world would come online overnight, the world would change, good minds from all over would have access to education and each other via the net.

If you wanna change the world, get a good degree and move to france because we dont fund this kind of research in the US.
>>
>>16853309
>self supplying
I can stop you right there

A light generator to be FULLY self supplying would need to be at 100% ECE and also to be in an enviroment so cold, that only quantum tunneling could actually make it that cold.
>>
I don't think it'll happen but i honestly hope you or someone else will pull it off one day, OP.
>>
>>16853318
What are you talking about? Of course the US funds energy research.

>>16853778
This person is kind of right. Laser cooling is pretty efficient these days just fyi.

Your idea sounds like it would violate conservation of energy. Do you have any experience with physics OP? You should probably study it more if you really want to get into energy research.
>>
>>16853309
>I ask that because I'm researching a way to create a light generator based in self supplying. And it would make computer processing a lot faster and hardware a lot lighter.
You can't just "create" light any more than you could any other form of energy. Even if you could somehow violate the laws of thermodynamics snd whip up a machine that reverses entropy, the cost and enviromental damage of replacing the entire planet's power grid and every electronic device connected to it would be several orders of magnitude more than just carrying on with the way we do things now for the next 1,000 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 500x333px
>>16853888
Sure you can create light. The punch of a mantis shrimp is powerful enough to create photons.
>>
>>16853976
Those photons don't arise from nothing. They arise when the cavitation bubbles formed by the punching motion collapse. Some of the energy released during that process is released as light.

The problem with your idea, OP, is that you need some kind of perpetual motion machine as the power source. Contrary to popular misconception, building a perpetual motion machine is not impossible: spin a gyroscope in a dark zero-gravity vacuum, or induce current in a ring of superconducting material, and you're done. What you can't do is extract any energy from what you've built: it cannot produce any light, sound, or heat, because if it does, the system will collapse once it loses enough energy (though this may take some time). For similar reasons, you can't draw on the current in the superconducting ring, because that drains the current from the ring.

I bring up the ring, because a proof-of-concept on that one has actually been accomplished. There are two problems that keep it from being more than a proof-of-concept, though. One if that we don't have room-temperature superconductors yet, so some external energy has to be used to keep the ring cool enough, but this energy can be accounted for. The other problem is that they have to draw on a minute amount of the current every so often in order to verify that it's still running, but this, too, can be accounted for. The system has been running for some years, drawing on no energy beyond what's needed to cool it, and losing no energy beyond what's needed to check it. The result is useless, but it runs. It would keep on running indefinitely if we didn't need to cool or check it, but it would still be useless.

That's the big obstacle to your technology, OP. You need to power it with something that can't be used as a power source. You actually can make things like this that use more mundane power sources, and they're already being used in some applications. But without that power source, they don't solve the problem.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.