[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is learning a language for fun pointless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: fog and flowers.jpg (58KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
fog and flowers.jpg
58KB, 500x333px
I'm referring to cases where very few people living in your area speaks that lingua franca that you want to learn.
>>
Are you asking if fun is pointless?
>>
No OP, its not pointless.

But why the fuck are you trying to get approval from others to do something?
>>
>>16853113
That is until you run into a person that does and you make people shit their pants cause you have the hook up.
>>
>>16853113
>for fun
that IS the point
if you enjoy it, have at it senpai!
>>
Depends on how serious you are about learning it.

For example, if you become fluent or close to fluent, it's a good skill to put on your resume and you'll be a good travel buddy if you go to where said language is spoken.
If you're just 'dipping' into it, you could potentially make friends with native speakers (/int/ could tell you about that stuff) and learn more.

Of course, it's really up to you and what you want. Do you want to put time and energy into it? Do you intend to use it? Where would you potentially use this skill?

I say if you have the time, go for it. Language learning can open up all sorts of cool opportunities.
>>
Dude, you are literally acquiring the ability to communicate to a whole new group of people, why would that be pointless? Life is crazy, who knows when it might come in handy
>>
No knowledge is ever perfectly isolated from your reality.

It might not be the most valuable thing you could do out of the infinite possibilities, but its not exactly a step backwards, is it?

You could also look at it as a risk-reward thing. Sure you could learn something everyone else is learning, for known benefits. Or you could make yourself unique, and hope there is a niche that no one else can fill.
>>
>>16853116

thread should have ended here
>>
>>16853116
fpbp
>>
N O IT IS NOT STOP MAKING THIS THREAD

BAN THIS BOT
>>
>>16853113
Hey, it's been a whole 5 days since this OP last posted this identical query. He usually does it daily. Maybe he's trying to break the habit.

Meanwhile, ignore him.
>>
this again?
>>
File: Nofun_robot.jpg (59KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
Nofun_robot.jpg
59KB, 448x473px
>>16853113
What are you doing OP?
>>
GO AWAY BRANDON

Why hasn't this worthless fucker killed himself yet.

>>16853653
I think he's trying to be less recognizable.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.