[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had to choosee between majoring in psychology and majoring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1455036582693.png (324KB, 467x590px) Image search: [Google]
1455036582693.png
324KB, 467x590px
If you had to choosee between majoring in psychology and majoring in media & communication, what would you choose?
>>
>>16852961
Neither of those are engineering.

Shit they even have 'civil' engineering for dummies if you can't handle electrical.
>>
>>16852969
Anon is it really that hard to choose between 2 options in a hypothetical situations where you have no other option?
>>
probably psychology, at least then you could try to find work helping people instead of like slaving away to comcast or some shit
>>
>>16853021

Choose whatever you like. I guess I would go for psychology.

But be sure and dont waste your time. Dont be like me, I went for an Engineering Degree and look at me, I am having a hard time finishing because It just doesnt interest me.

It makes me feel miserable but I know I just have to finish it.

So pick something you like.
>>
>>16853083
what if nothing interests me and i have to decide what school to transfer into and then declare a major in like a week
>>
>>16853021
They're both bad choices. Oversaturated and mostly useless. Both are Walmart shelfstacker tier.

You can do that without a degree.

You know what you can't do without a degree? Design an electrical plant that's up to code and meets requirements. And they pay you lots for that.
>>
>>16853085

Well, just pick something, but dont go into debt like those dumb kids.

Dont loke at it as a Prison youll be in for the rest of your life, look at it as a way for you to one day achieve the things that trully interest you, your hobbies and desires. At least thats what I do to cope with the fact that I have to finish what I got into.

Other than that, like a teacher of mine once said, learn a little bit of everything. Everything, even if it is that thing you always considered useless.

Dont be like that other guy who thinks he can assign value to things like if he knew better than you because he probably doesnt.

Godspeed.
>>
Are you me OP? Jesus I'm in my second semester of community college and still don't know what I want to do. Might do engineering. I don't hate it to be exact, but it isn't very intresting to me like other things. I have no idea what I wanna do and I was gonna do Psychology but it seems really useless nowadays because of .... retarded women saturating it. I'm not even r9k but seriously I took one psychology course and it was full of retarded women. Also all the people I know with psychology degrees didnt do jack shit with them. Also... media + communications seems like shit work after 2 years. might stick it with engineering.... or might choose something slave like like accounting or finance. I have no idea. I tried programming and I'm not bad, but jesus I don't think I can keep doing that shit.

Kill me
>>
>>16853085
Take a year out if you don't know what to do

Neither of these degrees will benefit you in the future
>>
>>16853088
>Oversaturated and mostly useless. Both are Walmart shelfstacker tier.

Not in my country. Remember not everyone on 4chan is from the US. >>16853100

Thank you anon, I'll keep that in mind!
>>
>>16853118
[spoiler]what if i can't support myself and my parents won't let me[/spoiler]
also im not op
>>
According to job market demand, HR always has positions, specially for males now that females are way over 50%.

So it's psychology, also you can go solo with that degree, so no bosses.

Still a womans degree and career.
>>
>>16852961
Psychology if you want to learn anything.

Media if you want to coast through easy classes and be unemployable.
>>
>>16852969
>civil engineering is dumb
No fuck off with that shit mate.
>>
Psychology is a pseudoscience with low job prospects.

You will be getting paid to be a pretentious cunt who talks to people in exchange for money, and pretends to be able to solve their psychological issues.
>>
>>16852961
Depends on what you are thinking of with psychology. If you want to help people, strongly consider getting a MSW and going into counseling. Most people assume that degree in psych=MSW, but those are clinical psychologists or psychiatrists. Most of the psychology field is either research or education, all of it is oversaturated so the job market is rough (Look into numbers on people who have a degree and work in a different field). Also, remember that for a psych degree to be useful you need to go full on PhD.
>>
>>16852969
you're sitting in a building designed by civil engineers.

in a city designed by civil engineers.

with a stormwater and sewage system designed by civil engineers.

with manholes to collect stormwater plotted out by civil engineers.

next to cars driving on roads that were planned out, named, designed, and constructed by civil engineers, so they can get on the ramp to get on the highway built by a bunch of civil engineers, so they can drive into another city that was essentially designed by a whole bunch of other civil engineers.

no idea why one discipline of engineer should feel the need to disrespect another. in the industry it's well recognized that for a large scale project to go off successfully, it requires the expertise of several types of engineers.
>>
psychology is the way to go

so many suicidal STEM kids, there's a demand for therapists
>>
>>16853703
real engineers don't disrespect civil engineers, they did it to themselves.
>>
>>16853722
>there's a demand for therapists

Psychology comes with very bad job prospects. Right now there's too many people going to college for joke degrees like psychology, they go into college thinking that something like their liberal arts degree is a good idea, then come out with tens of thousands of dollars worth of debt, and no ability to get a job.

Also: >>16853695
>>
Psychology sounds more fun and potentially more lucrative if you can get out of it without $80,000 in student loans.

Media & Communication likely guarantees you a job in advertising. Have fun with that.
>>
one of my friends is a psychologist
gets $$$$$$$$$$$ in research grants
published a bunch of papers
parties on her yacht are awesome
>>
Only psychologist I had that ever made a damn impression studies mechanical engineering beforehand and some extensive related topics; then decided he wanted to become a psychoanalyst for some odd reason while exploring philosophy and rightfully fucked my life up by making me self-aware. God bless that man, but holy shit, I never expected to be in college, nor anywhere near where I am now.

life is good?

Major in neither of those btw. You'd be better off getting some minor accreditation than wasting grant/scholarship/loan money on joke degrees. Unless you can network the shit out of life, you should highly reconsider.
>>
>>16853758
>>
>>16852961
Psychology is worthless with a bachelors. Slightly less worthless with a masters. If you take the time to get a phd or psyd then you can make some money. My gf has a psyD and she is 200k in debt, but there are jobs everywhere and she made 70k right out of school and now is taking a job with the federal bureau of prisons and will be making 100k+ benefits in a couple years.

If you're a PsyD or Phd there will always be work and always be demand and you will always be able to make 100k eventually or something near it. More if you can prescribe.
>>
I'm a psychology major, so obviously psychology.

You need a graduate degree for it to be a career though, and only 25% of psychology majors get one. You have to have a 3.7+ GPA to be competitive.
>>
just drop out, both of those degrees are worthless. I guess psych because you'll take a few useful classes (stats, some basic science research).
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.