[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people hate decisions of war made purely on logic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Peterson_Vicious1.jpg (98KB, 865x871px) Image search: [Google]
Peterson_Vicious1.jpg
98KB, 865x871px
Why do some people hate decisions of war made purely on logic. If Syria and Iraq are home to ISIS why shouldn't we carpet bomb them? Apparently that is inhumane and "immoral". Why do some people think war and morals can ever go together? I'm joining the Army and my hippie social group is saying that "I'm making myself a slave and will carry out atrocities that will haunt me" i know it's bullshit but they won't shut up about it. My family also says that "You're gonna do bad stuff that will be on your conscience." I don't get their logic at all. I respond to them by saying If you want to win make your attack as fast and strong as possible". they also think that the Army will actually deploy foot soldiers when we have fucking space lazers and drones. Idk what to tell them, any advice?
>>
>>16852530
The army's great senpai. Fantastic career, amazing for your health if you don't get shot or blown up. So many good habits you can pick up. Connections to be made. Personal advancement.

But if you join the army with the intent to murder people with guns you're a piece of shit and should get your head looked at.

You do it to serve your country and protect it's people. You can defend yourself, but any life you take is regrettable.

I myself plan to join the airforce before next year. My grandad was a sherman gunner. My uncle was a radar tech. Gonna be great to see how far I get.
>>
>>16852530

Probably a bait thread, but I'll bite.

"Son, not everyone is smart enough for the space lazers and drones". Dady should have told you that.

Secondly, logic is stupid. Using logic to influence people is even more stupid. People are not machines, they don't run on logic, they are idiot happies who'll go back to the same ex that mistreated them, because of "feels" then question why it happens again. People are the beaten wives defending their husbands because "He's really nice once you get to know him". People are "ouch, that's hurt... it was just a prank bruh", then playin' pranks again because it made them feel good about themselves (even though they're dicks).

People are stupid. Logic doesn't work against stupid. It only offends stupid, because it makes the stupid realise what they are.

So, using logic against you, to tell you to stop thinkin' logically, is stupid. Because you're stupid. And I'm stupid for even tryin' to get you to see this.

But I still do it, and you'll still try to fight stupidity with logic...

Any why?

Because, without any exceptions, people are fucking stupid. Because "feels" and irrationality. It's a part of us.

Also, even without the guilt thing - I gotta ask. What is so worth defending in our cultures? A lack of affordable education for our childeren?
The ability to lose our right to be a father to our children in a divorce?
Alimony and shit?
The latest leftist, feminist, misandrist breed of women (who really have more worth defending at this point, it's only fair that they be on the front lines really)?
Dead-end jobs and a recession?
The previous generations, who was mostly to blame for the fucked economy, blaming everything on the newer generations?

Honestly, why support that?
Better off watchin' Rome burn.
>>
>>16852570
OP up in hurr. not bait mane. I know everyone isn't smart enough for lazers and drones. My point was it doesn't make much sense for a standard on foot war when drones are the norm. I'm joinig the army for more career options. "free" college and all that jazz. I'm also joining because I'd rather die with a set of balls than die discontent with myself working a 9-5 married and with 2 kids. The Army will get me off my ass and whip me into shape. I'm also joining so I know what to do when martial law comes, I'll hopefully be prepared. I like America but I'm not patriotic or hateful to this country. The Army is just overall good if you know how to get what you want from it.
>>
>>16852562
I'm tryna get my shit together it seems like the best option. cool about your family's military career.
>>
>>16852670
Yeah. My uncle is dyslexic too. Mixes up his ds and bs. You wouldn't believe he spent 20 years travelling around the world maintaining radar equipment.

Military is a great way to reach your potential.
>>
Because it's proven to be unproductive.

The logical aggressive choice now would be to wipe out the entire civilian population and anyone else in these regions really. Reason being that they're all potential terrorists because the west has bred a fair bit of anger.

War and morals can go together. It's not as easy as you describe it as its normally supposed to be a diplomatic process where a large group decides that a smaller group are making themselves dangerous to the large group. The invasion of Iraq was not a UN sanctioned action. It's pretty bullshit how nothing is being done about them bypassing diplomacy like that. If this was CIV 5 the entire world would denounce them pretty much. Except for Israel, declaration of friendship.

Regardless anon you're unlikely to be the kind of person who can kill a lot without care.
>>
>>16852530
>if syria and iraq are home to ISIS why shouldn't we carpet bomb them
carpet bombing didn't subdue england as germany had hoped, it only strengthened their resolve

carpet bombing didn't subdue germany as england and america hoped, it only strengthened their resolve

carpet bombing didn't subdue japan as america hoped, it only strengthened their resolve

carpet bombing didn't subdue north korea as america hoped, it only strengthened their resolve

carpet bombing didn't subdue north vietnam as france and america hoped, it only strengthened their resolve

carpet bombing didn't subdue afghanistan as the soviet union hoped, it only strengthened their resolve

but I'm sure if we carpet bomb ISIS it'll subdue them for sure, also never mind the fact that carpet bombing means the intentional destruction of entirely civilian targets in areas where the civilians themselves are not even supporters of ISIS. Did you know that during ww2 when we bombed hamburg we killed 40,000 civilians and left 1.5 million homeless in a single day? What did that really accomplish?
>>
>>16852702
There's an average of 20% ISIS support among civilians in Syria iirc.

Not that that justifies killing 80% innocent civilians. Just saying.
>>
>>16852702
i'm pretty damn sure that carpet bombing does not strengthen anyone's resolve. what you're interpreting is that carpet bombing alone does not eliminate the enemy devotion, but rather significantly wears on their morale.
carpet bombing/precision bombing destroys the enemy's basic essentials, causing them to lose morale.
>>
>>16852744
source? id say a decent amount of that is from intimidation. and interestingly enough isis mostly controls insignificant rural areas

to the op you sound like a fucking hick, go join and remove yourself from normal sane soviety please
>>
>>16852891
the point is that it doesnt fucking work you absolutley moronic fuckhead. war isnt COD you fuck. its a means to an end, not the end its self. he was pointing out that carpet bombing is rarely a decive factor that decides the outcome of a war
>>
>>16852702
>carpet bombing didn't subdue japan as america hoped, it only strengthened their resolve

Guess what happened after America dropped nuclear devices on two of Japan's cities.

Carpet bombing doesn't achieve shit unless you are literally trying to level an entire city to prove a point.
>>
So many people here who don't even understand the situation in Syria and Iraq, especially you OP. You're all retarded and I hope war breaks out in your countries while you're still alive.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.