[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was invited to a party tonight, and I've never been to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1455860189309.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455860189309.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I was invited to a party tonight, and I've never been to one before. The person who invited me doesn't know me all that well, and I'm sure that I won't know anyone there. I'm getting really anxious here, guys, I only have a couple of hours to decide whether or not I go. What do I do? What should I expect?
>>
OK, I'm assuming you're a guy and that this is a house party and not a sit down event.

Turn up about 30-45 minutes late. Bring some alcohol, whatever you would drink in about 4 hours + a little bit more. Your first job is to find the host, nod and say hi to anyone you meet along the way who makes eye contact. Especially if you know them.

Now, your first instinct is going to be to latch onto anyone you vaguely know and follow them around. Don't do this.

You need to make yourself a drink, walk slowly around and either strike up conversations with people on their own or join a group conversation. It's not like it is in a public place, everyone is there for a similar reason so there are less automatic rejections to conversation. Most of them will also know the host so you can talk about them.

With guys it easy, just make a comment about a hot girl. With girls it's also easy but they tend to hang out in groups. Make jokes ( not the knock knock variety, but about things around you. The decor, peoples clothes. There tends to be a game of some kind going on as well so make comments about that.)

And don't forget. In a party you don't look out of place as long as you're moving or in a group conversation. If you're anything like me, the second you are standing on your own your brain will be screaming at you to go home. So you need to avoid those moments.
>>
>>16852275
Sound advice, thanks! Might make this easy to swallow
>>
>>16852275
This guy knows.

He's right.

Go to it.
Show up a bit late.
Say hi.
Say you brought drinks.

Then go mingle.
Like, go find a smaller group than average.
And then just insert yourself into their conversation.

That's the great thing about parties.

If anyone ever gives you a weird look, just break off and find another group.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.