[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for dog advice. Can a 6-7 year old dog be trained, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: naughty dog.gif (178KB, 700x509px) Image search: [Google]
naughty dog.gif
178KB, 700x509px
Looking for dog advice.
Can a 6-7 year old dog be trained, or is it too late?

Background:
I started living with my boyfriend and his dog a year ago, and his dog is the shittiest dog I've ever met, be be blunt. I've started doing research on dog behavior, and learned that this dog pretty much displays textbook dominant-aggressive behavior. She isn't properly trained or socialized.
She can't be walked, because she walks ahead and tugs on the leash. She barks at us constantly when not given attention. She lunges at/ humps people any time the opportunity is present . If she gets out of the house, she runs away as far and fast as she can. She doesn't even respond to her own name. If a new person enters the house, she goes batshit crazy and jumps on them. We can't eat food without being behind closed doors away from her. If you try reaching for her collar, she will show her teeth and try to bite you.

Living with this dog is making me miserable, and I don't know what to do. I'm trying to lay down the law and train her based on my research, but I don't know if I'm wasting my time or not. Getting rid of her isn't an option, as my boyfriend is completely against it. This thing is only alive to eat, shit and piss.
>>
bump?
>>
bump, please help me out
>>
doesnt matter the age of the dog. any dog can be trained.
start with a choker chain, if the dog does something wrong pull the chain untill the dog realises they are doing something wrong and will unlearn the dominant behavior.
>>
Dogs can be trained at any age. The real question is, is the owner going to step up and go the necessary training?
>>
>>16851634
Well, that there is the answer to my question. I am at least willing to be patient enough to train this asshole. All i need now is for my dog-cucked boyfriend to show that he is also willing to be strict with his dog and not be a typical creepy dog-loving american
>>
>>16851666
666 trips speaks the truth
>>
bump?
>>
>>16851666
You're a intruder in the dog's house. He'll never trust you enough, you can't train him.
>>
>>16851778
Even if my boyfriend it's on my side? (even though the dog thinks he's her bitch?) this is another thought i've been worried about. like there's absolutely nothing that can be done about the current pecking order? God I hate this dog.
>>
Hmmm. I'm assuming your a girl, girl dogs respond better to males. When you first moved in did she give you a hard time, especially when he gave you attention? I've dealt with shit like this, my ex coddled that dog and she just became more bitchy. Shit was even weirder when I was on the rag, it's kind she knew..
Try talking to your bf about it, seriously invest training the little faggot together.
>>
>>16851809
Thing is, your boyfriend can't just be on your side, he has absolutely to take the lead. She might recognize your commands later, but essentially, the order in her head will never change.
>>16851910
>, it's kind she knew..
Of course she knew, and female pets of any kind who are owned bu males will always consider this a threatening situation.
>>
dogs can be trained but it sounds like you dont have much experience with dogs in general. my suggestion would be to get a trainer and do the classes with the dog since your bf is a tool for letting his dog get to this point
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.