[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not an audiophile, but I love high quality audio devices,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: audioengine a5 vs jbl lsr305.jpg (248KB, 1257x654px) Image search: [Google]
audioengine a5 vs jbl lsr305.jpg
248KB, 1257x654px
I'm not an audiophile, but I love high quality audio devices, setups, and sounds.
I got some money for the first time to buy something decent, but I cannot decide what to get, here is the dilemma
>Audioengine A5+
vs
>JBL LSR305
which one should I get?

also should I get a d/a for it as well? are there trusted budget dac units for this budget?
>>
I got the audioengine speakers for my sound engineer husband. They're very effective for when he is working due to their flat response, the sound is very accurate, but for things other than working with sound, it is a little lackluster. You need to use an equalizer to give movies and games the same punch they normally have.

The quality of the speakers themselves is nice, no need for a subwoofer, but they're also really big and have trouble fitting on a standard-sized disk with a decently-sized monitor.
>>
>>16848234
>>16848257
I have the A5, they're great speakers, not too analytical. If you want a more analytical signature, then you want monitors. The A5 is good for consumer use, but people say they're overpriced. Are you using these for recording or listening to music, watching movies, and gaming?
>>
>>16848919
I'd use them only for music, gaming and movies.
>>
>>16848234
Dude don't use anything but a krk
>>
>>16849465

for casual monitor use, id have to agree.

critical response stuff will be wasted or not understood in context
>>
I've had a pair of M-Audi BX5's for a couple years now, I feel like I'm missing out by having them connected with dual TRS to the line in on my motherboard. Only there's no way in hell I'm buying a $100+ DAC. Is there anything good for the budget minded?

Also, what I really lack is a subwoofer. I really wish my music, games, and music had more oomph. I was going to buy parts and build one but that'd be like $300 and I'm probably not even doing justice to my monitors as it is.
>>
>>16850151
You could buy a soundcard. I have one, but that's before I knew about DACs. The higher end ones have an onboard DAC.
>>
>>16850886
Asus Xonar U7? Is this good enough?
>>
>>16850886
I should correct myself. The higher end cards have really good DACs.

>>16851269
Are you on a desktop or laptop? Do you use headphones? If so, what kind? On your budget, a soundcard will be best, otherwise you'd be better off with individual components (DAC, amp, etc) but the sky's the limit on how much you can spend there. A soundcard will also offer surround sound options for gaming, but they don't release drivers forever. If you're willing to buy used, you can probably find the high end ones in your budget. The U7 will probably meet your needs, but I recommend reading some reviews first.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.