[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and my gf want to get an apartment and we want to get something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (97KB, 640x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97KB, 640x626px
Me and my gf want to get an apartment and we want to get something with a roommate for cheap. The problem is I don't want a guy roommate and she doesn't want a girl roommate.

I told her guys are way worse but she won't believe me. Guys are the most likely to get drunk or something and harass a women for sex or God forbid a rape or something. It's just too sketchy. I told her we could just find a fat ugly girl or something like girls don't even really try to fuck guys that badly the most they do is just give you a look across a room but a guy will literally try putting his hands down a girls pants and shit like that
>>
How about you aim for someone that's nice? I don't buy that view of guys. I also don't buy the idea that girls are much better.
>>
>>16838983
You're making all men sound like rapists. Chill bro. We understand the reasons, guys are the initiators in chancing things, you don't want a guy flatmate for that reason, but your girlfriend feels the exact same way in terms of a girl trying to seduce you. If you both don't want a third party in the middle of your relationship, you're going to have to either not move out, or move out together with no one else, because this sort of debate doesn't end well for either party, and moving into a house already feeling at unease at such things is going to put a massive strain on your relationship.
>>
>>16838983

Believe it or not, man, not everybody is that desperate to fuck your girlfriend. No matter how hot she is. If you can find someone with basic intelligence and social skills, he will understand that it's not a great idea to sign a lease on an apartment and then start trying to fuck his female roommate who is attached to his male roommate.

Don't you have any friends? Why does it have to be a total stranger/potential rapist? And why the fuck are BOTH of you so irrationally jealous of hypothetical roommates that don't even exist yet? If cheating is such a huge concern it might not be a great idea to move in together just yet
>>
Find a homosexual male. It sounds discriminatory, but he won't fuck your gf and you won't fuck him.
>>
>>16839014
Well a lot of my friends are sketch balls so I was thinking someone I knew in school or something that I know at least a little bit but idk people always drink and shit and act stupid as fuck
>>
>>16839020
DUDE good idea that way they'll just drink wine together and he'll sit cross legged and giggle the whole time at female drama no drunk assault
>>
>>16838983

she wants you to prep the bull
>>
>>16839014
Well if that's true why do girls look exclusively for female roommates and dudes just pray they get a female roommate
>>
>>16838983
>Guys are the most likely to get drunk or something and harass a women for sex or God forbid a rape or something.
> a guy will literally try putting his hands down a girls pants and shit like that
You are mentally ill get help.
Or maybe make a male friend or something and stop basing your world view off tumblr
>>
>>16839040
I think you are disconnected from the world
>>
>>16839022
>be me
>get drunk n shit
>don't rape anyone or fuck anyones girlfriend
It's really not that hard...
>>
>>16838983
Girl roommates are worse, dude. Like 100x worse.

They're more likely to be slobs (I don't know WHERE the notion that women are neater came from, seriously), not pull their weight, and spark drama with your gf. You also have to deal with the douchebags they bring home, so instead of living with one dude you got to vet, you'll have to live with possibly several sketchy thug/rapist types coming in and out of your home whenever your roommate wants.
>>
>>16839044
Yeah bud. I'm the disconnected one. Not the guy who thinks every dude is a rapist and or home wrecker. In all seriousness you do need help. It's not healthy to have this mindset.

>>16839061
But anon, ALL men are rapists.
Womyn dindu nuffin. You are victim blaming by holding them responsible for the inevitability that they bring home a rapist (aka cis white male)
>>
you both sound like jealous/insecure teenagers
>>
>>16839065
I dunno man I've heard a male friend say weird shit like he told me one time he wanted to rape his friends girlfriend I've talked to a girl before that said she was hanging out alone with her brothers friend because he passed out and he tried forcing her hand in his pants

I've heard numerous fucked up stories about drunk guys trying to get with girls
>>
>>16839074
I seriously can't tell if this is a serious post, or you are mocking OP at this point. For the sake of my sanity, I'll assume it's the latter.
>>
>>16838983
I hope you don't find anyone. Not for your sake, for theirs - it's super shitty trying to be roommates with two people who are dating. Since they hold 2/3 majority, they can basically run the apartment as their own private residence, which is no fun to be the third wheel in.
>>
>>16839085
It's true and I'm op that's why I'm sketched
>>
>>16839086

Not to mention that it sounds like guaranteed drama. If it's a guy, OP will be irrationally jealous and paranoid and hostile. If it's a girl, same situation except with OP's girlfriend. Sorry OP but your apartment sounds like fucking hell

Why don't you just get a one-bedroom and keep the misery to yourselves?
>>
>>16838983
Just find a gay guy and that's it
>>
>>16839092

It sounds like you're kind of a shit person, with even shittier friends, and you assume the ENTIRE MALE POPULATION is in your same orbit of shit.
>>
>>16839092
Be honest here, are a nigger or some lower class white guy?
>>
>>16839092
Have you tried maybe not being friends with a dude with a desire to rape?
You do realise like 99.999% of men are not rapists right. Just use your basic fucking judgement and meet more normal people, to make your world view a tad bit more realistic.
>>
>>16839107
The whole area is poor as fuck I should of mentioned that

>>16839099
I want to buy I keep finding 2brs for like 700 dollars and most the 1brs I find are either shit with no pictures or the same price
>>
>>16839113
Define poor as fuck?
If you live in the shittiest part of detroit, or are a white couple living in a poor black part of south Africa your worries are justified. Though its still more likely that the dude is just a violent offender or involved in drug related crime than a rapist.
>>
>>16839113
Then just get a 2 bedroom, $700 is insanely cheap for that.
>>
>>16839037
Because guys are dirtier, messier, noisier and when they drink they are annoying as fuck.
I lived with two guys for a year and I had to spend 500€ to fucking clean their mess. Never again.
>>
>>16839123
This conversely women are tidy, stock the fridge, and are fun to look at. Even men don't want to deal with each others bullshit.
>>
>>16839118
Like poor it's not even in a city and even thing is broken apart and ripped apart and rusty and everyone's really fuxking poor. There's a couple people who live in cushy suburban tier homes but they mostly keep to themselves
>>
>>16839139
Okay. So its not detroit or SA?
Then your good bro.
Just meet your roommate first and make sure he isn't a fucking weirdo.
I live in a shit neighbourhood and we have plenty of those.
>>
>>16839123
Confirmed never lived with young women
Messy as fuck clothes all over the place and will not help with chores
Dudes will vary but most girls cannot keep their own rooms in decent shape
>>
>>16839147
But why do I have to get a guy roommate? Why do I have to give up on the argument

Statistically 90% of sexual assaults are male on female and it's always someone the victim knows. At least with a girl we wouldn't have to worry about sexual assault being a possibility and as soon someone else mentioned girls are more clean and responsible with the apartment guys are more likely to so drugs and alcohol, they'd be bringing male friends over, they're less likely to clean and pay rent on time.

There's like 3 times more reasons why we shouldn't have some dude there. Guys are also the only ones usually that binge drink until they black out and shit
>>
>>16838983
Interview anyone that comes to you. Ask detail about their job, income, how often they will be home, what is off limits. Change the locks on your bedroom door so they can lock with a key. Get a safe if you have important documents or valuable items. Just play it safe and go with your gut.

My female friend had a decent roommate that was almost never home, cleaned up after himself, never late with rent. And he was an older single male with stable income.

I'd recommend never to have a close friend live with you. It can go to drama real quick.

There are bad roomies of all shapes and sizes. I'd just say to aim for an older, responsible adult with valid income and set pretty strict boundaries right from the beginning during the interview.

I see both your fears. Personally, I had a young female roommate who was the absolute worse. Extremely lazy, never cleaned up after herself, expected me to clean up after her. Had friends over laughing and blaring music several times in the middle of the night even though I said no overnight visitors. It was hell and I eventually ended up making more money and just leaving when the lease was up.
>>
>>16839163
Plus I think it should be mentioned that guys are always trying to fuck. Girls always have tons of guys blowing up their shit and trying to get with them even if they have a boyfriend even a normal looking guy usually gets a few messages here and there if he's single unless he's really extroverted or something
>>
>>16839159

>Statistically 90% of sexual assaults are male on female
You do realise that most rapists are men=\=most men are rapists right?
>and it's always someone the victim knows.
Thanks Wikipedia i'll be sure to be more weary of my uncles now!
>At least with a girl we wouldn't have to worry about sexual assault being a possibility
Conversly meet the guy first so you don't have to worry about sexual assualt being a possibility.
Honestly I think you should get a male roomate just so you can better understand men and stop fearing every dude is out to rape your gf. Besides by your logic, aren't you worried about having a penis meanimg you will rape your poor female roommate?

>and as soon someone else mentioned girls are more clean and responsible with the apartment
See: >>16839159 you are just trying to rationalize your problem with a male roomate. I think the rape thing is BS too. I think you are just jelous/ don't trust your GF.

>guys are more likely to so drugs and alcohol,
Literally everyone drinks. Irrespective of gender, my momma always said never to trust anyone who didn't anyway. As for drugs, again in a poor neighbourhood screen ANYBODY for this, but it's fairly easy to spot a crackhead.
>They'd be bringing male friends over,
Oh no they'd bring home MALES!?!?
shit that's latin for RAPISTS. your right OP. No women ever talk to men or bring them over. Bet you've never even seen your gfs place
>they're less likely to clean and pay rent on time.
Source: my ass.
Again deciding you don't want a male room mate and going from there.

>Guys are also the only ones usually that binge drink until they black out and shit
Yeap women never binge drink.
I would definitely believe this if i never went to parties in highschool, clubs, bars, or just generally outside my house.
>protip men can handle liquor better than females.
>>
>>16839159
I lived with 2 girls too, they were WAY better than guys.

Maybe I was just lucky with the girls and not lucky with the guys.
>>
>>16839217
It doesn't matter if all guys are rapists it's just that a rape would only happen by a guy so it's a giant reason not to have one there

You don't know who's a rapist or going to try flirting and fucking. My friend let his best friend stay with him for awhile and he woke up one night to him and his girlfriend making out right next to him
>>
>>16839217
Also about the drinking thing yeah girls binge drink but they do it like twice a month guys are the only ones I've seen pretty much that drink multiple times a week in excess
>>
How is everyone in this thread so fucking stupid? What is with this "guys do x, girls do y" shit? People are individuals. Meet your potential roommates and try to get a feel for their actual PERSONALITIES. Don't make dumb assumptions like ANY girl would be a "better" roommate than ANY guy. You're going to end up with some psycho bitch with BPD threatening suicide and setting the place on fire.

You might find a decent female roommate, you might find a decent male roommate, your chances are gonna be a whole lot better if you keep an open mind, rather than making dumb assumptions ahead of time and making your decision based on those.
>>
>>16838983
Never had a guy room mate but all the female room mates I had in College were absolute pigs and stole my food and shampoo.
>>
>>16839232
Screen for alcoholism as well. Shoulda mentioned that with drugs. Alcoholics always look burnt out smell, etc.

>>16839226
>It doesn't matter if all guys are rapists it's just that a rape would only happen by a guy so it's a giant reason not to have one there
Right but again a very infenticimile amount of men are rapists. Like it's really not a worry you should have. Also if i was going to rape someone. Wouldn't be my roommate. That's just fucking dumb.
>You don't know who's a rapist
It's simple to tell really, if he seems like a rapist don't take him in.
>or going to try flirting and fucking.
And here we unearth the truth. You do not trust your GF. This is the real problem you need to adress. If you did you wouldn't worry about some dick making a pass at her. If she cheats that's on her, if you actually feel you actively need to take steps so she doesn't cheat. Your relationship is doomed
>My friend let his best friend stay with him for awhile and he woke up one night to him and his girlfriend making out right next to him
Your weird anecdote about your friend dating a whore and being friends with a dickhead confirms what your real problem is.
Seriously this is what you need to adress.
>>
>>16839259
Yeah right dude yes assaulting your roommate is stupid as fuck but everyone has moments where they just do stupid shit because it's there not because it's logical
>>
>>16839272
>be me
>have moment where i do stupid shit
>lock keys in car
But yeah, guess it could have easily been a rape instead. Damn i really wish self control was a thing.

At any rate. Women also potentially could murder you. Best not to get a roomate at all actually. Wait shit what if you leave your house? She might get raped in the outside world. Best lock her in a basement with no windows. I'd say stay there with her to avoid getting murderd but you might "have a moment of stupidity" and rape her.
>>
>>16839272
>>16839293
Meant to add. Tell your gf the truth. That you don't want a male roomate cause you don't trust her. It's a conversation you need to have.
>>
>>16839293
Okay comparing walking outside to living with a dude you're fucking insane

Not to mention a lot of the apartments out here are just single buildings with nothing around
>>
>>16839297
Why?
Please explain why her roomate is more likely to rape her than 3 billion other men combined?

Also 40% of rapes are by the female's partner, so your the real problem here
>>
>>16839311
that's not the concern it's just a risk that I see unnecessary and I would feel like it's my fault if something bad happened
>>
hey i just wanted to post in here that the OP deserves anything that happens to him because he is really that stupid
>>
>>16839352
Hey I just wanted to post that your probably a virgin with no friends
>>
>>16839385
Ofc he has no friends.
Friends are potential rapists.
>>
>>16838983
Dude you need to just get out more.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.