[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to remove acne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: getting rid of pimples.png (58KB, 312x161px) Image search: [Google]
getting rid of pimples.png
58KB, 312x161px
What's the best way to remove acne?
>>
File: ak 47.jpg (65KB, 1024x302px) Image search: [Google]
ak 47.jpg
65KB, 1024x302px
>>
Fuck I had the most awful acne you could imagine, it was one step away from mordbidly disgusting to look at... but this was when I was like 15 or so.

Only thing that helped me was to visit the doctor, took some pills and then he did some things to my skin.

Cured it, or maybe I just grew up out of it.

My guess is that excercising, drinking water and eating properly should reduce it at least in some ways.
>>
File: b&a.jpg (211KB, 1600x447px) Image search: [Google]
b&a.jpg
211KB, 1600x447px
>>16832269

you can either attack it topically, or with accutane

topically
>tretinoin face cream in the mornings
>salicylic acne wash in the shower
>moisturizer morning, after shower, and before bed (or as needed)
>erythromicin antio biotic topical gel.

tretinoin is a prescription face cream. literally just vitamin A. apply to face and watch the acne (and skin) just fall off.

salicylic acne wash just dries out your face, takes the oils out.

moisturizer keeps your skin fresh, stops you from over producing oils to compensate

erythromicin is an anti biotic gel that will kill the acnes bacteria.

this combination made pic related. me, with just a 2 months difference. the tretinoin was the REAL life saver, but the erythromicin stopped new ones from popping up. its not perfect though. its a tough schedule to keep and your face is stil lsensitive. id often get one or two blemishes, but nothign extreme, but still annoying.

so now, im on accutane. its been 3 weeks and i look like the 'after' pic. face is dry all the time (as is my nose) but i can apply moisturizer 10 times a day, and thats all i need. after 5 months you stop taking the pills, and then you never have to have acne again, generally. sometimes if ur acne is REALLY bad you gotta do a second cycle. only real downside is no alochol while taking it
>>
I had quite bad acne when I was younger. I got given pills from the doctor but they only worked while I was on them. I started drinking water only and cut out junk food and it eventually got a lot better. Also wash you face with water every morning and evening, I wouldn't bother using face washes because they never worked for me and I tried a fair amount.

Also try not to squeeze them, it lead to a few scars and popped spots look a lot more red than un popped
>>
You should see your dermatologist about taking medicine.There are lots of medications you can try, and if those dont work 9 times out of 10 your insurance will cover your treatment for going on accutane. Accutane is one of the most powerful acne drugs out there. It is horrible for your body, but it clears your skin right up. A typical treatment runs for around 5 months, those 5 months are hell, but the drug completely changes the way your skin looks and the way your bpody produces oil.
>>
>>16832269
I found out i had a lot of allergies on top of the fact my hygiene wasn't the best. I used a basic soap directly on my face(a good soap is hard to find) it irritated but after a couple weeks my skin got use to it, but after washing my face felt clean.

I didn't do anything other than that and it made my face 95% better without doing all that other crazy shit and all the effort.

So maybe look for allergies you might have, avoid inflammatories in your diet and find a good soap to wash your face with in the shower.
>>
File: image.png (25KB, 107x199px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25KB, 107x199px
>>16832269
POP IT

POP IT ALL
>>
God, acne is absolutely disgusting. I don't know why I feel obligated to say this but I don't care. I'm so glad I didn't have acne when I was younger.
>>
People like the above poster make me sick. Acne is a tough thing for anyone to go through. The emotional effects are almost as bad as the pain of the zits themselves. Keep your head up!
>>
File: clin660f.jpg (46KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
clin660f.jpg
46KB, 600x419px
I used this, it worked. Burns for the first few minutes that you apply it though, the chemical is strong.
>>
>>16833333
TRUST THE ADVICE OF QUINTS
>>
Accutane worked great for me. Kind of sucks to be on but since I stopped taking it I rarely get one or two zits.
>>
>>16832296
be very careful with that accutane, anon. I was on it for the full six months, and didn't realise until month 5 that the pill had developed a weird depression in me. every other week or so, for no more than 5 days, I become suicidally depressed. it doesn't bother me now, but fuck, when it started 4 years ago I was freaking out. this depression side effect has carried on, but it's slowly going away. I've learned how to keep it under control, but still sucks. And as a side note, it may not "cure" your acne. my back is still a zit riddled fuck show, and my face flares up every other month. just figured I should let you know
>>
If general hygiene won't get rid of it, go to a dermatologist. Otherwise you'll struggle against it in vain for years.
>>
>>16832269
Eat HEALTHY
Exercise regularly
Wear sunscreen
Drink a lot of water
If you wear makeup, remove it with an oil cleanser
Wash your face with charcoal soap
Use a daily moisturizer
And most importantly, go see the fucking dermatologist for meds because most of the time you'll need strong pills for that cystic stuff.

Mine got better and yours can too. Stick to your routine and don't fuck up, anon! You have to stick with treatment and not miss any doses/washes.
>>
>>16834073
I just remembered, same thing happened to my dad when he was on it. and his acne didn't clear up either, he's in his mid forties and gets zits like a teenager. chances are it'll do the trick, but just be careful. accutane wreaks havoc on the body, it was developed by nazi scientists after all.
>>
>>16834081
Dermatologists never did shit for me since it's not severe enough for accutane. Had the same skin issues for about 12 year now.

Just accepted I'm probably going to have to deal with this for life.
>>
>>16834073
Shit, accutane can cause depression? I've been struggling with depression for years and thinking back it started around the time I took accutane at 14. I figured it was just puberty but I should look into this...
>>
>>16834090
Mine tried a cream and an antibiotic and when those didn't work she put me on accutane even though my acne was mild to moderate.
>>
>>16834094
Unfortunately, it did for me. it's a weird, sporadic and unpredictable depression, and it has a different feel from the "usual" depression, but it's there. I've been fighting this shit for 4+ years, and never had a legitimate reason to be depressed, and it all started after I started my treatment.
>>
>>16834103
Did that work?
>>
File: kermit.png (47KB, 868x624px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.png
47KB, 868x624px
reddit.com/r/skincareaddiction

READ THE SIDEBAR

inb4 le reddit >:( shut the fuck up it's useful information faggot grow up
>>
Get some prescription medication from a dermatologist as soon as possible. Completely cut out oil supplements or oily foods. Exercise more.

One thing I've found that has done wonders for my acne is to wash your pillow case, or just never sleep on the same side of the pillow ever
>>
>>16834209
le redditfag :^)
>>
>>16834094
It's listed as a side effect, yes. But they are literally obligated to do that if just a couple of people develop symptoms of depression while taking the pills - even if they cannot prove causation.
>>
>>16832269
Im genetically right so i wouldnt know
>>
>>16835125
I know that they have to list it as a general side effect, but it's still on the table. it's been enough of an issue for both my dad and I that we just accept it as a side effect for us
>>
Accutane bro
>>
>>16832269
photoshop
>>
>>16832269
None of the creams, washes and shit ever worked for me, but I got some salicylic acid wipes (stridex) and those really helped.
>>
File: image.jpg (705KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
705KB, 1536x2048px
Best way to fix acne is through diet.

Stop eating grains, always eat organic, and get plenty of quality protein. No processed food ever.

If you're not willing to do this then you don't really want to try to fix your acne.
>>
Accutane and a non oilly moisturizer were the only things that worked for me
>>
1) Stop being 19

2) Eat Healthy AS SHIT - literally that's all there is to it

3) Don't touch your face

4) Take Biotin daily if you want to look like dubsman
>>
When I was a teenager with bad acne I went on a family vacation to Cuba, an incredibly humid country (I'm Canadian). Acne cleared right up and never really came back since.

Just visit Cuba bro
>>
Take a vitamin A supplement, 25000UI a day.

I've been taking vitamin A for 3 years and have not seen acne in a long time.
>>
I used to have severe acne so I was put on Accutane. It cleared up pretty quickly but then came back. However, it didn't come back as horrendously as the first time so my skin was deemed to be "not bad enough" to be put on a second round. I ended up eating a whole lot healthier but saw the best results when I cut out on dairy.
>>
Some people say eat healthy and exersize
Some people say face wash and lotions
Some people say prescribe meds

All 3 is best bet
>>
>>16836198
>diet
Oh gosh I thought it was a myth till I started logging my acne flair ups.
>acne flairs up
>yesterday had pizza
>acne flairs up again
>yesterday had hamburger
>acne flairs up again
>yesterday had tons of sweets
I still eat unhealthy food every once in a while but my acne went down considerably once I got a more restricted diet. Also clean your bed sheets and pillow cases often.
>>
>>16832269

Acutane. It can really clear up really bad acne. Only problem is that in like 1% of the population ( might be a little more or a little less i forget the exact number, google it) it can like destroy your liver or do some other crazy shit

So 99/100 you're okay, and if you're that unlucky 1, you get rekt for life

I'd say go find a good dermatologist and see your options, anon
>>
Accutane, I had very bad cystic acne like so bad I couldn't shut my eye and after about a few weeks nearly all of it was gone and never had any major acne come up and I'm on the lowest dose
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.