[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to escape the NEET trap when it's too comfy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (84KB, 676x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 676x581px
I've been living the NEET life for 3 years since I dropped out of uni. Enough money to not need to work (Great, cause I hate workplaces and people) but still poor.

I'm terribly anxious and can't talk to people so therefore I loathe even the thought of working. But 3 years spent mainly in bed means I haven't achieved anything and I'm out of reasons to live. Nothing feels worth doing and I usually quit activities due to social anxiety so I'm stuck in life and frequently contemplate suicide. Is there any hope for my kind?
>>
If social anxieties are holding you back from school and employment, you should talk to your doctor about getting treatment to help. I can tell you right now, you can be prescribed a beta-blocker that will remove the heart stopping nervousness and give you the confidence you need to get out there.
>>
Yeah, there's definitely hope. You can start by going to a doctor or therapist. You'll also have to start doing stuff like exposure therapy where you slowly start facing your fears and doing it over and over again. The most important part though is to hold yourself responsible and not sliding back into neetdom. It'll be stupid hard but it'll be a lot less painful than continuing down the path youre on now. Also stop going to places like /r9k/ and surrounding yourself with neet shit
>>
>>16831957
Force yourself to become an adult in a one time, no backsies, life decision. Join the army.
>>
Guys Ive taken every medicine and seen every type of help availiable in my part of the country. I'm really on my own now so I have to just find something to do during the day or else continue sleeping.
>>
>>16831988
How badly do you want to change? Will you do the work to advance yourself. Basically, if I said it was possible, would you do it?
>>
>>16832035
I don't know... the thing is that I'm just tired with life and everything seems pointless and thankless. I need to know what I can get before I have a reason to expend effort.
>>
>>16832111
You need to know what you can get before you have a reason to expend effort?
>>
Look man, I'm going to give you advice. It's going to be correct advice and it will solve your problem if you follow it. You will only change and solve your problems if you agree to all of it and do everything I say. You will likely never get this advice again so keep it.

Problem: No purpose.
Answer: Get employed. Can only find lowest of the low work? Take it. Don't need the money? Doesn't further your career? Take it. You work this job, use your loathing of it to fuel yourself to find a better job, but NEVER be unemployed.

Problem: No career.
Answer: Find your target, start preparing. Don't find what you want to do (astronaut, doctor blah blah), find what you want to do and CAN do. Find a career you like that you can get in within 4 years tops. Find it now, and start preparing, useable volunteer work, prerequisites, get them. If you are not getting them you are not following instructions.

Problem: Social anxiety.
Answer: Change yourself. Sounds like you have sought help, but it's your fault it's not bloomed. YOU need to change. You know this, time to work out, talk to people, and do things. Get aragent about this, fuck excuses and fuck me and my old ways. That guys was a faggot and I'm going to use that as a template as how to not live.

If you don't follow this, you have only yourself to blame. Also, only blame yourself, in both success and failure.
>>
>>16832220
>You know this, time to work out, talk to people, and do things.

That's real vague.
>>
>>16832248
OP are you looking for answers or excuses? Start doing things it takes effort to do. I don't like public speaking, but I do it once per week. It used to cripple me, but over time I'm used to it. Now I am better and more resilient then who I used to be.

OP if you want to change, understand and accept what I posted, then get really strong headed about it, don't listen to yourself and just to it for the fuck of it. I'm telling you that you will change, If you don't believe me then you are still looking for ways out and will only get worse. I guarantee you that's the reality of it.
>>
>>16832111
You can absolutely get a meaningful job, date girls, have a house and money, pride and self respect. It's absolutely possible
>>
>>16832220
I've had entry level jobs but I'm not the sort of person that is resilient and determines and schmoses and gets in with people and moves up the ranks. I don't even want to move up the ranks. There's no job that I want or aspire to, so what would I work towards? I don't want to be anyone's manager or supervisor or head of anything. I crumble under pressure. I have interests but I can't see them crossing over well into a career.
>>
>>16832135
Yeah...? I don't know what my goals would be let alone whether they're achievable.
>>
>>16832248
Join a club or society of a hobby you like. If you live in a city google will help you and you will be surprised how many of them are available.

Once you finish school and your friends disappear from your life it is easy to fall into the trap of being completely alone.
Most people end up hanging out with people from their work but some go to societies.

The friends my father has been hanging around with every week for the last 30 years are people he plays Irish music with and plays pitch and putt with.
>>
>>16832461
Jesus Christ dude, you're such a bummer. You gotta change your attitude and stop being so fucking negative. Stop this whole "oh I don't want this, I don't want that, I can't do this I'll crumble" bullshit. Learn to find the pleasure in the little things in life and when bad shit happens in life you just gotta take it in stride. Even if your job doesn't include your interests doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it
>>
>>16832276
You're still being vague with regards to social anxiety.

>>16832517
My hobbies are distractions: Videogames and tv.

I'm not sure if I want to meet people in those circles. I have a feeling that they'll be a bunch of chris-chans or worse, cool people with fully formed social circles.
>>
I recommend this to all NEET's--get a part time retail job.

Perks:

>Most of your coworkers are women, late teens to early twenties
>They'll inevitably get bored with work and talk to you
>If you're a super autist they'll usually give you a shipment/signage/pricing position, if you've got good math skills you might audit tills.
>Low responsibility, easy to get, and pays
>Fantastic way to build up social skills
>>
>>16832600
OP here
This poster isn't me but yeah, just "doing stuff and meeting people doesn't work when you're verging on mutism with anxiety.

By the way, I'm female... just so people know that females can have these problems too
>>
>>16832628
Well, i've been at a retail job for 2 years and I don't feel I've advanced socially in any significant way. I talk to some people yeah but I'm still the same timid dude I was before. It's kinda worse now, cos I have a crush on a regular customer that I have no way of dealing without coming across as a silent weirdo breaking a 2 year silence.
>>
Some solid advice ITT.

As far as remedying social anxiety and entering the work force, do what anon says and find an entry-level job. Besides retail, other relatively decent options include customer service (like a call centre), something like a grocery/corner store, or if you really want to hold as little interaction as possible, warehousing.

Good luck, pal.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.