[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find joy in things other than internet and alcohol?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: iur.jpg (121KB, 1033x774px) Image search: [Google]
iur.jpg
121KB, 1033x774px
How do I find joy in things other than internet and alcohol?

Everything else feels like a waste of time and money.
>>
weed
>>
I feel your pain, except alcohol and internet seems like a waste to me as well. Why am I even alive?
>>
>>16831836

what else have you tried? i mean theres lots of 'one off' thigns or special occassiosn you can do. if you cut back on alcohol even the lowest budget people can start to afford them.

instead of spending 24 bucks a month on beer, go out and spend 15 bucks oen night on limitless laser tag.

cut the internet for a few months and put that money towards a sky diving groupon.
>>
>>16831836
Pick up a sport and dedicate training to it on the daily with a strict routine, keep eating the same but add more carbs
>>
>>16831836
>instead of spending 24 bucks a month on beer
With the right gear, 24 bucks worth of malt and hops would turn into 100+ bottles worth of beer. You could make ten gallons with that kind of a budget easy.

In other words get a hobby. Learning is fun.
>>
>>16831871
>what else have you tried?
I haven't really tried anything, because nothing seems appealing.

What am I supposed to do at home if I don't have the internet?

>>16831883
What sports can I do with no tools, no friends and no space to do them in?
>>
>>16831897

>what am i supposed to do at home if i dont have the internet

go outside

>but someitmes you gotta be inside

fine, you can
>write a novel
>draw a comic
>film a movie
>build a chair
>paint a wall
>sew
>learn a new recipe
>remodel your bathroom
>play with your pets

most of those are creative hobbies with endgames. the difference between doodling and drawing a comic is extreme.
>>
>>16831897

>what sports can i do with no tools

you can buy 'tools'. literally buy a soccer ball

>no friends

google "soccer" and "(your location)" and see what pops up. check cragislist sports section as well as meetup.com.

>no space to do them in

its called a park.

>but i live in prison

do it in the showers then.
>>
>>16831916
So writing a book counts as doing something constructive? I don't have to put the computer away after all? This counts as a worthwhile life?

>>16831923
Where the hell do you live that has parks large enough to play soccer in?!
>>
>>16831936

>questions questions questions

i dont know, DOES IT? you are telling a story, developing a talent and (presumably) enjoying your free time.

why are you asking strangers on the internet what counts as a 'worthwhile life'? if its worth while to you, its worthwhile. if its not, its not. doing something someone else wants you to do just so you can tell people 'SOMEONE TOLD ME MY LIFE HAS MEANING!!1!' is dumb.

>where the hell do you live that has parks large enough to play soccer in.

los angeles. and guam. and oregon. and delaware. and florida. okinawa. and maryland. literally everywhere ive been except for the two weeks i was in new york had parks with enough space that you could kick a ball around. you dont need some official league sized arena to kick a fucking soccer ball around. where the hell do you live that there isnt some spot where you can kick a ball around?
>>
>>16831973
Riihimäki. There is only one park, and you physically could not kick a football in there without hitting a tree, a duck, a bench or a person.

I just don't know what someone is SUPPOSED to do with their life. I don't want a family or kids, finding a partner is out of the question, and for some reason working 8 hours per day and spending the other 16 laying in bed with a laptop does not seem to be it.
>>
>>16832006
One is not "SUPPOSED" to do anything. The only clear goals in life are to keep healthy and reproduce. Obviously there are some conditions that need to be met for this to work properly, like having to eat and sleep, but for reproduction it's also very important that the children are raised in a normal family with both parents.

Basically having a family is the only thing that can really be called a requirement. There is no guidance in life.
>>
>>16832018
>Basically having a family is the only thing that can really be called a requirement.
I'm infertile, gay and I have too many mental issues to be a worthwhile partner or parent.
>>
>>16832006

are you religious? if so, consult your religious texts / officials as they all have their own rather specific ideas of what life is (which is generally doing what you siad you dont want to do: have family).

evolutionarily speaking, thats also rather correct. people are born, to reproduce.

but what do we do with the other 90+ years of our life?

well assuming you ARENT religious, most atheists (once they get past the 'im so smart cuz i dont believe in god' phase) begin to get into existentialism.

the core concept of which is that life is inherently meaningless. therei s no creator or real 'point' to it all. However, existentialism comes with the belief that all humans posses choice, the idea that our actions are not pre determined. that isnt to say that we are masters of our own destinies, but rather that the universe is indifferent to us, and therefore we are always left with the final choice before taking an action. we might not have many choices, or any good choices, but we always have a choice, and its our choices that define us, and by extension, give our lives meaning.
>>
>>16832044
I'm an atheist but I've been thinking of converting to catholism, but I'm not sure how they would take the whole trans and gay thing.

I just like their aesthetic and the new pope and all.
>>
>>16832072

not sure where you live but seek out an open minded church. they certainly exist.
>>
>>16832105
My country is protestant, and that faith has been watered down so much that literally anything goes. I'm not sure if there is a catholic church in my city.
>>
>>16832116

bummer.
>>
Everything is a waste of time, and money is meaningless. The only reason anything has any meaning is because people decide it does.

Who cares?
>>
Read a book.
>>
>>16831860
i can drink to that
>>
>>16831871
Can you list some other fun one-off things to do?
>>
>>16832538
https://bucketlist.org/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.