[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you deal with a girlfriend that seems obsessed with Harry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: harry-potter-books.jpg (88KB, 590x432px) Image search: [Google]
harry-potter-books.jpg
88KB, 590x432px
How can you deal with a girlfriend that seems obsessed with Harry Potter?

It was cute at first and I'd read the books when I was younger and thought they were alright, but she seems to have literal ADD when it comes to reading anything other than YA and Harry Potter.

I'm sick of trying to get her to read more proper stuff and always get the "it's SUBJECTIVE, plus it's not like I learn anything with Thucydides or Borges that I couldn't just wikipedia for!!!".

It's incredibly frustrating that I can't share this big part of my life because of it.
>>
>My girlfriend's opinions are wrong! How can I prove that my books are better!
Start by growing up
>>
>>16828555
Either get over it or break up with her honestly who gives a shit what she reads it's her brain she can fill it with whatever entertains her stop being so insecure
>>
>>16828568
>gf reads YA and disregards other stuff at 25
>i'm the one that needs to grow up

No, thanks.
>>
>>16828581
Your gf might have an immature taste in literature, but you come off as incredibly emotionally immature and frankly that's a lot worse.
>>
>>16828555
You sound pretentious.
>>
>>16828580
I'm not insecure, reading is just a major past time of mine and I write and my friends all are major readers and such.

It's as if you were a chef and your girlfriend only liked eating at MacD's or mac and cheese out of the box.
>>
>>16828581

dude how far gone are you? please break up with your gf. if ur not obsessing over her literature, why should she obsess over yours?

why do people think that their taste is the superior taste just because its THEIRS.

jesus christ.
>>
>>16828590
>it's SUBJECTIVE, plus it's not like I learn anything with Thucydides or Borges that I couldn't just wikipedia for!!!

I can spot the YA reader from all the way over here.

It was a bad idea to post this on /adv/ and not /lit/ I suppose.
>>
>>16828589
Exactly and in that situation you can either get over it bc frankly it means absolutely nothing in life or you break up bc her taste in literature is obviously important, grow up
>>
>>16828580
Being insecure is OP's last problem, he sounds like he has a huge ego.
>>
>>16828596
I guess it was. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>>/lit/
>>
>>16828596
/lit/'s gonna call you a fag too my guy. The problem isn't your gf's shit taste, it's how much you care that your gf has shit taste.
>>
>>16828596

i really only read books on philosophy. i dont see the point in reading fiction as anythign good gets turned into a movie and is more enjoyable that way. i just dont think my opinions are the end all. the world doesn't revolve around me. doesnt revolve around you either.
>>
>>16828612
>>16828608
I'm not saying I call her out on it constantly and so on, it's more of a problem of her calling what I read bad or boring in the first place and then me arguing that it isn't.

How it usually goes is I read something I really like, try to show her the book or the passage in particular and then she never reads it or says "yeah it's nice" but then if I ask her properly she admits she didn't read it and so on.

I'm just tired of not being able to share that kind of shit because she seems to be shut off to anything that isn't YA.

Meanwhile, I've gone with her to HP conventions and all sorts of stupid shit related to it.
>>
>>16828603
Its possible but I think this is his defense mechanism. If he had any real confidence he wouldn't give a shit what books this girl prefers. Either way though she'll probably leave his ass anyway with the way he gets butt hurt over such nonsense
>>
>>16828621
you should have led with that
>>
>>16828555
What a control freak 'YOU MUST READ WHAT I READ AND LIKE WHAT I LIKE OR YOU'RE A LESSER BEING' Fuck off op
>>
>>16828621
>"yeah it's nice"
That's womanspeak for "I don't care but I don't want to say that".
>>
File: unrele10.jpg (42KB, 538x434px) Image search: [Google]
unrele10.jpg
42KB, 538x434px
>>16828621
>I can't let things go and need people to understand my opinions even when they don't want to
>What's wrong with my girlfriend
>>
>>16828632
>hey, I just read this that I think is pretty cool and I want to share it with you
>OMG WHAT A CONTROL FREAK UGH UGH

Don't listen to these tumblrites OP.
>>
>>16828621

thats great and all but you basically lead with

>HURR DURR GIRLFRIEND NO PATRICIAN ENOUGH

but maybe you should just back out? people disagree. even couples. i hate that I can't have pretentious conversations with my main squeeze about philosophy because the most i get in return is 'thats cool'.

but that doesnt make my boyfriends weird obsession with sharks, or casual interest in online comics plebeian compared to my own. if we find something we can enjoy together, we do. andif not, we enjoy it alone or with friends.

i dont mind that we sleep in a bed with 4 stuffed sharks sometimes. it doesnt make me resent him for not even reading a wikipedia article on existentialism.

you should grow a bit OP.
>>
>>16828641
>hey, I just read this that I think is pretty cool and I want to share it with you
>yeah, that's nice
>WHY DON'T YOU LIKE THE THINGS I LIKE THE THINGS YOU LIKE ARE SHIT
OP is a fag, plain and simple>>16828639
>>
>>16828644
Well that's exactly what I'm asking on the OP. I'm not asking for advice on how to make my girlfriend more patrician, I'm asking as to how do other people deal with that kind of thing.

Your answer is the only one that touches on the subject so far instead of it being personal attacks on my supposed insecurity and or big ego, so thanks.

There's a lot of things we do enjoy together and I wouldn't break up over something like this, it's something that annoyed me today in particular because with friends she mentioned how I only read "boring, serious stuff and that she preferred to have fun with reading" and it frankly annoyed me that she would refer to it as boring and me as boring by extension.
>>
>>16828658
>I'm asking as to how do other people deal with that kind of thing.
Literally the first reply told you that.
>>
>>16828671
>hey guys how do I solve x?
>by solving it!

Yeah, very helpful, thanks.
>>
>>16828658
>>16828677

asking how to deal wiht someone having an interest is like asking how to pick up a pencil. you just pick it up. you just deal with it.

if you honestly think theres some 12 step process for coming to terms with your girlfriends interests, then you are in for one hell of a horrible life.

we also gave you other advice. break up with her. if you are too immature to handle her, then dont bother. you know this is her interest. you know this is a large part of her life. either accept it or move on.
>>
>>16828621
What a nerd, just wreck the pussy and shut up, poindexter. It's amazing you even got a GF.
>>
I swear people who obsess over Harry Potter are all the same. Immature and try to be really cutesy
>>
>>16829240
All of my this.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.