[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people prefer assholes? Legitimate quesiton, I always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

Why do people prefer assholes?
Legitimate quesiton, I always try to be nice to people always put others first and yet everyone is drawn towards assholes. People that hurt them time and time again.
I've tried talking to them and all they do is talk about themselves...
Why?
>>
You're probably boring as fuck
>>
Because you're boring and obnoxious, and the people you call assholes are actually the interesting ones with personality
>>
I'm nice and people like me. But I'm also interesting and funny and enjoyable to be around.
>>
>>16816912
Assholes are confident.
>>
>>16816912
>people like assholes
No people like good looking people, it doesn't matter if you're nice, hot girls will never like you,not even if you give her a kidney
>>
>>16816943
R9k please go
>>
Sadly, this seems to work with girls too. Only recently have I begun to treat men like shit, and guess what? I get more play than I ever did when I was a fucking sap.
>>
>>16816912
They don't. Those people you think are assholes actually aren't. The asshole is you.
>>
They aren't assholes. They're just confident enough to speak/act how they really think. They're genuine, even if they aren't always nice, and that's what makes them attractive. You, on the other hand, change yourself to try to please everyone, and think that just because you did something nice, you're entitled to their attention. That's being manipulative. People see that and don't trust you for it.

tl;dr You're an asshole, and you pretend not to be, so people don't trust you for it. Also, you're probably boring.
>>
conflict drives plot
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 627x502px
>>16816912
It's about how outgoing and confident they are way in the beginning

You'll notice assholes have a ton of relationships, but none of them last more than a couple of months

While they seem so manly, confident, funny and outgoing at first, they can't hide their personality forever, eventually everyone sees them for how they actually are

Karma catches up to people OP
>>
Because they are spineless and want power. They bite the hand that feeds them and lick the boots that kick them.
>>
>>16817064

This is somehow true, i'm friend with Chad and the longest relationship that he had was 7 months long.
>>
>>16817064
>karma

women pls go
>>
>>16816912
People are attracted to things that make them feel good and seek these out in relationships. An uncomfortable amount of people grow up in abusive homes and look for those attributes in a partner.

Being an asshole is different from being assertive, though those two things are often mixed together.
>>
>you can shit without an asshole
>don't enjoy taking a triumphant earth shattering dump on the porcelain throne
>you shouldn't appreciate assholes

/thread
>>
>>16817064
This, although let's be clear this is a specific breed of asshole who appeals specifically to women.

>>16816969
They do! They straight up do. Girls, very often. I have watched Chad tell me he is inviting a girl over for no reason than to fuck with her, see how long she will put up with him. He started playfully and then halfway through, his tone dropped drastically, said nothing but "shut the fuck up" for at least 5 straight minutes! While she kept going with it and arguing, displayed all sorts of emotions, before eventually leaving. It was really incredible. When you hang out with Chad enough you can see everyone's threshold, where they draw the line says a lot about them.
>>
>always put others first

Don't do this. No one is going to do it for you.
>>
>>16817589
best piece of advice I've ever seen on this board

bravo
>>
Three reasons.

The first is simple confirmation bias. You hear that women only go after assholes, you see the odd chad with women and then decide that all women only like assholes.

Second is just your perceptions. It's easy to say 'man, that guy's an asshole' when he's with a girl you like, since by that point you don't want to feel anything resembling respect to him.

Thirdly is bias on the part of women. Women inherently look for a man who can provide for them and them alone (evolutionary psych, say what you will), and thus the idea of the 'bad boy only they can fix' is one that massively appeals to women. A man who they believe they can make better is a man they go after, while a man who's already nice to everyone has none of that allure.
>>
they're tighter than baginas
>>
OP has nice guy syndrome.
>>
In my experience, people who ask "Why do people prefer assholes?" and say things like "I always try to be nice to people always put others first" are not actually as wonderful and amazing as they think they are.

Stop whining like a bitch. You aren't a damn angel.
>>
>>16817593
you seem like you're 12. That and everything you post is extremely insipid
>>
>>16818363
yeah that trip is a straight retard
>>
File: 1455155717292.jpg (45KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1455155717292.jpg
45KB, 500x363px
I can safely say, contrary to many here, it is a very real phenomenon and I observed it for a year and a half with no real insight. I had a coworker who I'll call "K", he had multiple women, popped out six kids, used them up, and threw them away. He has a nice new one who honest to God thinks she's going to land him with marriage now that she's knocked up and none of those other chicks knew what they were doing. He's tall, 6'2" like me, similar frame, but very muscular, mixed blatino, martial artist, supreme dick, cocky, humorless(unless it's being mean), and the women at our mall where we worked would fall on his dick like the floor was ice and BBC was a ledge. He and I got along fine, he's very fake with women and he repeatedly tried to get me to "learn" from him, but I had to explain I'm not buff and handsome so there's nothing to learn, he honestly thinks it's just this shining personality he has. I can say that's part of it, and the girls did like it, he got blowjobs in the break room, he would cheat freely, he had 10/10 girls who wouldn't give me the time of day. When they laid us all off last month I never came any closer to understanding the psychological element, it was fascinating to watch, but inscrutable to my eyes.

The physical variable is easy to grasp, the other half is as gravity, present but unknowable.
>>
>>16818636
Damn if you weren't such a little bitch you could have picked up his scraps.

I mean, he tried to teach you the game and you threw it away.

For shame.
>>
>>16818420
>>16818363

Cunning argument liberals

Ad hominem to the rescue
>>
>>16818645
I could have, possibly, but I didn't have his body or looks so I doubt it would have lead to anything, I think both elements need to be present for the formula to work.
>>
>>16816912
Usually in stories and other writings, the characters with flaws are more interesting and relatable. Nice people seemingly have the strange tendency of being the antithesis to that. Ever notice how some of the most famous characters in art, literature, film, etc. history are typically the ones who are tortured and arrogant? That.

I mean, I identify as a male feminist on my campus. But people seem more drawn to me than other male feminists because I'm not afraid of being a piece of shit from time-to-time, and even admit to it.
>>
File: 1387160689690.jpg (46KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
1387160689690.jpg
46KB, 658x658px
People tend to lead lives they perceive as boring and empty, so they actively try to pursue conflict and things that will make their day to day nice and complicated. Women also interpret that kind of saccharine bullshit redditors try to pull as blatant manipulation and they're usually not wrong.
>>
>>16817539
Fucking this. Don't worry about it, OP. Focus on being the best person you can be. Of course, don't be a pushover.
>>
>>16818691
>>16818741
These two answers are also pretty good. /adv/ is smart today.
>>
Just who are you hanging out with?

I consider myself a nice person, and I've had good experiences with people generally speaking. The only people I've seen drawn to assholes usually had their own issues with self esteem, but that solved itself once they addressed it.
>>
File: 1454810689401.jpg (29KB, 357x312px) Image search: [Google]
1454810689401.jpg
29KB, 357x312px
>>16818741
To woman its like a game

Assholes make the game interesting

Nice guys are "too nice" which basicly means that the girl is board of having a functional relationship and need some excitement.

Basicly girls want a nice badboy who will treat them like a baby meanwhile acting like she has any real say in the relationship.

It doesnt exist

>a guy who will treat you like shit and fuck you and ditch you
>a guy who is responsible and wants a family at the same time
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.