[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help. I got a very important math test tomorrow.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: hnnnnnnnnng.jpg (115KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hnnnnnnnnng.jpg
115KB, 2000x1000px
I need some help. I got a very important math test tomorrow. I was unable to review it due to studying other subjects I literally knew nothing about. I need some help understanding at least the formula and Mathematic term of mid to advanced algebra.

Here's what I know:
>Add, subtract, multiply, divide
>Decimals, fractions, negative numbers.
>Percents, price increase/decrease, parenthesis
What I don't know:
>simpify: (8.76*10^9)(6.52*10^-3)/13.27*10^5
>Mean/median of a data set
>Terms that could mean a free point but knowing what it means like "scientific notation"

I just wanna score enough to pass ;-;
>>
>>16814670
Holy shit Op how old are you?

>inb4 18
>>
Holy shit are you in 7th grade?
>>
>>16814731
>>16814747
Hivemind.
>>
>>16814731
>>16814747
27, yes I'm embarrassed. I have reasons for this to have happened but It's not what I want to get into right now.
>>
Will you be using a calculator? If so the simplifying will be easy. Start with the parenthesis, once you solved what's in them continue with the rest of the equation by order of operations. Multiple, divide, add, and subtract from left to right.

If you have like 3.578 * 10^3 the number raised to the 10 is the most important. If the raised number is positive you move the decimal point in 3.578 to the right making it bigger in appearance. It would be 3578

If the raised number is negative like 2.536 * 10^-2 you move the decimal point to the left to make the number appear smaller. Which would be 0.02536.

These are scientific notation. Scientific notation just means making either a smaller or larger number into something between 1-10. For example 1,284,000 is 1.284 * 10^6. They are exactly the same number just more condense.

To find the mean of the data you simply add all the numbers and divide by how many numbers you added together. Example data 1, 4, 6, and 9. The mean is 1+4+6+9 which equals 20. 20 divided by 4 is 5. So mean for this set of data is 5.

Median is just what is the middle number of the set data once it is put in numerical order. For example 1, 3, 4, 8, 10 is the set data in order (if they aren't in order put them in order before continuing). If you knock one off on each end until you're left with one number left that is your median. The median of that set is 4. If your left with two numbers in the middle and knocked off equal amounts on each side add them together and divide by 2. For example, 1, 3, 5, 7. You knock 1 and 7 off you're left with 3 and 5. 3 added to 5 is 8 then you divide by 2 and you'll get 4. 4 is the median of that set.

I'll be around for a bit longer if you have any questions or want me to clarify some stuff.
>>
File: thank you!.jpg (28KB, 479x360px) Image search: [Google]
thank you!.jpg
28KB, 479x360px
>>16814853
Thanks for your patience and understanding. I probably will be allowed a calculator, yes. There might be some other ridiculously easy questions that I don't know the answers to, but I don't know what they may even be. They are very vague about what to study and I had to pound the entire human history into my head in a week because I knew nothing about it...
>>
>>16814926
No problem!

For the simplifying portion. I forgot to add something to my explanation. When you're multiplying or dividing scientific notations don't undo them before multiplying and dividing. It will be harder and longer to do if you do. If you're multiplying two scientific notations add the raised numbers together. And when you divide them subtract.

Your example would break down like this.
(8.76*10^9)(6.52*10^-3)/13.27*10^5
57.12 * 10^6/13.27 *10^5 (I multiplied 8.76 and 6.52; the answer is really 57.1152 but with scientific notation you want to go past the decimal point as many times as the number with the least places after it both have two numbers past the decimal point so your answer will only have two numbers past the decimal point) 10 is raised to 6 because 9 + -3 equals 6.

57.12 divided by 13.27 is 4.30. The raised 10's goes from 10^6 to just 10 because you don't raise 10 to one because it already implies you do.

The answer should be 4.30 * 10 which further simplified is 43.0

Hope this has helped you.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 274x184px
Does anybody else hate car rides? The incessant bumps on the road stress me out to the point where I hit things and tell people I'm going to kill myself
>>
>>16815045
>be me
>comment something I was about to post as a new thread
>kill myself
>Tfw
>>
>>16814731
>>16814747

He is probably just someone trying to better himself by going to community college, tested into a low math due to having been out of school for ~10 years.

Don't know why /adv/ has to be such a massive fucking faggot all the time... so many people seem to just come here to get off on the struggles of others, it is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>16815053
It's a good thing you didn't post that as a new thread because it would be a shitty as fuck thread.
>>
>>16815119
If you forget basic maths thst fast you might have a degenerative neural disease.
>>
>>16815151

And it is also possible that he dropped out and never learned them. You don't need a high school diploma or ged to attend a community college.

Seriously, just leave if you're going to be a faggot. You're fucking cancer.
>>
>>16815161
Brah calm down. It's just text on your weeb site.
>>
>>16815217

Being cruel to strangers for no reason really triggers me. It is such a piece of shit thing to do.
>>
File: haruka-senran-kagura-anime.gif (714KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
haruka-senran-kagura-anime.gif
714KB, 550x309px
>>16815220
>Doesnt like people being mean to strangers
>is on 4chan
>mean to strangers
>4CHAN
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.