[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get a job if they're fresh out of high school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1431550334525.png (1MB, 1363x739px) Image search: [Google]
1431550334525.png
1MB, 1363x739px
How does one get a job if they're fresh out of high school with no work experience?
>>
>>16814359
>if they're fresh out of high school
You must be joking if you think that's a problem at your age. Just go to a fast food or retail job or if you're really lucky and can land one, an office job
>>
>>16814359

by applying to every single job, even ones they dont want or know they wont get. this way you at least get the chance to interview and learn how to properly do an interview.

ask your parents, ask your friends, ask your friends parents, ask your teachers, ask every single employee of every single store you enter if they know anywhere thats hiring (though make good small talk with the employees first).

most every job i had before this one i got based on a recommendation.
>>
>>16814376
nobody will hire us anymore
nobody fuckign wants us
so many places use some bullshit "online application" process that's pretty much copypaste everywhere and you are never sure if anyone will ever even see your name or if it worked right.
>go in person
yeah, nah
that doesn't work anymore
nobody wants us anymore
>>
>live in a shithole
>no college
>no experience

Still, I got a job in less than a year, and its an ok office job.
Just GIT GUD, make the others see you a someone of value. That's it.
>>
>>16814382
You're a fucking retard. Jump through the hoops, or don't get a job. Stop bitching and do what they want. You are in no position to make demands of them, but you'll get hired you if you've done things the way they want and a position opens that they need filled quick.

>nobody wants us anymore

Haha your spiraling depression based on nothing factual made me laugh.
>>
>>16814395
>shithole
That's why you got a job.
Moron.
>>
>>16814400
WHAT DO YOU MEAN DO WHAT THEY WANT
>>
>>16814401
>almost 50% of young unemployment

Yeah.
>>
>seasonal work
>ENTRY-LEVEL positions
>capitalize on schoolwork you did. took a pc class, your Microsoft Office proficient. etc.
>focus on professional skills: eager to learn, time management, responsive to feedback, etc.
you need to do your time in shitty jobs to show that your worthy of more important work
>>
>>16814382
>go in person

Yes it does. Let me tell you a story. I was the GM at one of the major pizza chains a long time ago. I was responsible for vetting applications and interviewing people. Lots of the staff was under 20. Some were even still in high school.

Anyway, here's the story. Some high school kid really wanted a job. So he came in an filled out an application. I told him we weren't hiring at the time and to check back occasionally. He did. In fact he would come back a couple times a week. He did this for a month straight. Eventually I just hired him because he seemed like he had moxie and really wanted to work... Unfortunately he turned out to be a shit employee and I fired him. Did a complete 180 after I hired him. Point is if you keep trying someone will notice. I can guarantee you I'm not the only manager who has done this. Especially in the service industry because the turn over rate is insane.

Here's another one: I moved to a new city, I was like 19, walked around a mall and literally got a job within a week. After a few years I quit that job and again literally walked into a new restaurant that was being built and got a fucking job on the spot.

Quit making up excuses and get the fuck out there.
>>
You go for shitty, low pay jobs that no one else wants because that's always where the work is. It's what you do when you have no experience, be it coming out of school, out of country, or out of career field. You start at the bottom and literally work your way up. My first 5 years after school I had almost 12 jobs trying to figure out what I wanted to do. These included McDonald's, Target, a local small business, a light and sound technician at an AV company, an HVAC installer, a sports coach, a laborer, and a driver. Maybe I'd you're lucky and look good you can model, or you might know someone who's dad can get you a job.

Welcome to the real world. Use your fucking head.
>>
>>16814431
I literally can't get out there.
You have no idea how hard it is, I can't get a job fucking anywhere
nobody fucking wants us, nobody wants the youth
>>
>>16814446
Except I do know and in fact a couple of us here do. We were all teenagers once. I started working when I was 15 pushing carts at a Target. I did that for two years. When I was 17 I started delivering Chinese food until I was 19. Then I was a busboy at a Panera Bread. Moved into the kitchen after a year. Became a shift supervisor after two. Quit there and became a shift supervisor at a McAllister's Deli but quit before we opened to move back home. Started working at a Domino's as a driver at 20. I was the GM by 23. So from 15 to 23 I worked my way up from shitty jobs to slightly less shitty jobs with better salaries.

I quit when I was 25 to finish my degree. Graduated at 27 and got a job in the oil patch making considerably more money than ever. My work experience, and consistent hard work through my working life, plus my educations helped land me the job. I'm 30 now. Point is I worked shitty jobs for a long time and worked my ass to get where I am. It's what we all do as adults.
>>
>>16814446
You speak for yourself, not the youth. Plenty of us got jobs and I live in a town with 5000 people.
>>
>>16814464
I wish I could have a job like that.
I can't get those jobs, none of them are hiring. I have no car, no license, my last job I fucking died on the job.
>>
>>16814472
>spoiled enough to live in a small town
>thinks getting a job is special
No, it's not. It's way harder to get a job outside of a small town.
>>
>>16814481
>Spoiled enough
Fuck you. My dad's a janitor and my mom's dead. Look who's fucking talking city boy, you got jobs flowing off every street corner and you're still so pathetic you can't land a single fucking retard job. And how you fucking thought getting a job is special only makes me wonder how a retard like yourself couldn't get a retard job. Anyone can get a job. Anyone except you.
>>
>>16814504
my dads dead and my moms a NEET alcoholic
>jobs flowing off every street corner
nope
Nobody fucking wants us
>>
>>16814504
He's just a dumb troll...

Anyone with two brain cells would know that a big city has more job opportunities. Hence why lots of people in small towns commute for work to surrounding cities.

I mean a small town has ONE Wal-Mart that employs say 50 people. A big city has 15 Wal-Marts that employ 50 people. So one place has 50 jobs, the town, and once place, the big city, has 750 jobs. It's across the board for all businesses....

Pretty sure OP was bait too...
>>
>>16814521
I dont live in a big city, I can't fucking get a job anywhere
>>
>>16814521
OP here, it wasn't bait. This is my only other post in the thread.

I just wanted some advice; not a whole argument here.
>>
>>16814538
Okay then the consensus was to keep trying, and take whatever shit job you can. It's gonna be tough but people have done it.
>>
>>16814547
Thanks, anon. Have a great day.
>>
"nobody will hire us anymore. nobody fucking wants us"

That is the attitude of a Loser. You are right: No one wants to hire a Loser. Drop the Loser attitude and show some hustle. You have to out-hustle everyone else. Business owners want people who will hustle.

The only thing that matters about your first job is that you are reliable, you show up on time, and work hard.

That will demonstrate to your NEXT employer that you are worth paying more than minimum wage.
>>
>>16814552
>business owners
Again, these do not exist anymore in this area
I can't even list my first job as prior experience
>>
>>16814359
It's hard to get a job if you're young and inexperienced. It's even harder if you're like me and have absolute shit social skills and can't hold a conversation to save your life.
>>
>>16814558
Move to where the jobs are. If niggers and Arabs can start fresh lives somewhere new why can't you
>>
>>16814763
uhhh im 18
can you not?
>>
>>16814771
So you're saying you're less talented, intelligent, capable or adaptable than a nigger?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.