[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my eyesight is starting to go, things at a distance are starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Reading-Glasses.jpg (4KB, 220x94px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Reading-Glasses.jpg
4KB, 220x94px
So my eyesight is starting to go, things at a distance are starting to look blurry. I got a prescription for glasses and oh boy do they help.

Should I be wearing them all the time or should I just use them when I absolutely need them. I've been told by some people that wearing them all the time will weaken my eyes and I've been told by some people wearing them will strengthen them.
>>
>>16813315
If you drive it might be an issue reading street signs and whatnot.
>>
>>16813323
Yeah, I'll use it when driving and stuff, but everythings so much clearer when I have them on i just wanna be wearing them all the time.
>>
>>16813338

Do that, you are tiring out your eyes by not using glasses, and will actually worsen your eyesight. And glasses will help your eyes get a little better or at least stay the same, until you get old of course and things start fucking up

Or so my optometrician said when I first got glasses. I have gone 0,25 down in strength since I started using glasses fulltime when I was 17 (near-sightedness)
>>
>>16813315
Not wearing your glasses will put stress on your eyes because they'll try to compensate whenever you do need to see something far away. That's why they always tell you that you shouldn't squint. Becomes a habit and can worsen your eyesight bit by bit.
>>
>>16813315
wear them all the time unless you are sleeping or in the shower obviously.

Trust me, there was a time when i didnt want to adjust to my new prescription so i insisted on getting glasses made with my old script. I wore those for a year and totally fucked up my vision.
>>
Do what your optometrist told you?
>>
Yea wear them all the time except for close up shit like cooking or reading or computer shit.
I've been travelling for 3 months and lost my glasses right at the beginning. My eyesight is so much worse now it's pretty shit
>>
My eyes got worse when I was prescribed and wouldn't wear them except when I was home. You gotta wear them all the time though what the fuck nigga do you want to see or not?
>>
>>16813315
Yes nigga they are like caffeine, your body will adapt to them and "weaken" your eyesight.
>>
Cert 4 Optical Assistant here OP, depending on the severity of your prescription you may need to wear them all the time. You optometrist should have advised you on this. Wearing your most recent prescription in corrective lenses is always recommended as the lens in your eyes and the muscles controlling it will attempt to accomodate for your poor vision when you are not wearing spectacles, potentially causing eye strain and headaches. If you dislike glasses most opticians will be able to fit you with contact lenses.

If you want any help interpreting your prescription post it and I will be happy to explain it to you.
>>
>>16813315
>I've been told by some people that wearing them all the time will weaken my eyes
That implies not wearing glasses would strengthen your eyes, and if that was the case you'd have perfect eyesight now after spending your whole life without them. "Don't wear glasses otherwise you'll need glasses" is about as stupid as stupid comes. Your eyesight is deteriorating now, and that process isn't going to slow down or stop, only worsen. As you get older you'll need stronger glasses and you'll need to wear them more often because your eyes are getting worse, not because of some conspiracy big "big optic".

It's like saying putting your goldfish in water will get him addicted to water so it's better to put him in a litter tray and dry him out.
>>
>>16814360
Well whole you're here can you give me any kind of yard equivalent for my prescription? I'm not OP. You know, like 20/20. My prescription is -5.75 and I pretty much can't see more than 12 inches in front of my face at age 20.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.