[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 26, tall, average build, pretty good looking face. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: candy.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
candy.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
I'm 26, tall, average build, pretty good looking face. I make good money and I'm funny- that's the attribute I typically lean on.

For years there's been a running joke among friends, acquaintances and coworkers, that I date the lowest on the totem pole. I won't lie, I think I find a wider chunk of the population more adorable than most. There's very few men that I find unfuckabley unattractive, and even that's malleable if I spend enough time around them. If they're douchey though, that kills whatever chance they may have had.

I was watching Always Sunny and said I wish Charlie was real, and my best friend said "Jesus, you even like the most pathetic FICTIONAL characters." And it's true! The sadsacks, and the chubby boys, the retarded and well-meaning, the broke, the balding. I remember one of my boyfriend's buddies pulled me aside when we first started dating and said "you're... really dating him? You really DO like him right? Like you're not fuckin around?"

All the jokes don't bother me. But my question- is it really THAT uncommon/weird??
>>
>>16811249
>tl;dr is it uncommon for people to date well "below" their "league"?
>>
No, you're being smart. Women are such fucking crowd-followers they can't stand someone who isn't. They're being shallow and looking for validation for their own behavior. Date the people you like and fuck the haters, seriously.

And liking people for their personality is waaay smarter. Men fall into the trap of good looks all the damn time and it's always stupid. Hell, you doing it might enable others to follow your path.
>>
also, mind you, charlie is the #1 most liked character on that show. your friends are just stupid.
>>
>>16811291
Well, I don't think I'm less shallow than they are; I think I'm just lucky in that my tastes are....wider? AKA I coo over everything with a heartbeat. My old boyfriend was super self conscious about his backhair, but I found it kind of endearing.

I always took it as them joking around, but I realized that maybe it IS weird, and I was just curious to see if anyone else was the same way.
>>
>>16811299
Hahaha, that fact I would date an illiterate bar janitor with a paint huffing problem that wears the same longjohn's everyday MIGHT be indicative of bad judgement... But he just needs to be loved!! I'd buy him all the milksteak in the world.
>>
WAIT WAIT WAIT

Is OP a girl or a gay man?

I'm confused, only a man would describe himself as tall, swole and funny
>>
>>16811321
This, OP. We need to know. For science.
>>
>>16811321

Haha, I'm definitely a chick.
And swole? I meant I have an average body type. I used to be Auschwitz skinny, but now I've leveled out to a normal weight. And I AM kind of tall and lanky.
>>
>>16811343
Being tall and lanky aren't positive traits for women, they're positive traits for men
>>
>>16811359
Sigh, Jesus man. I don't know. I was just describing. I'm not slenderman, but I'm kinda tallish and thin.

NOW I FEEL WEIRD.
>>
This is pretty normal OP. You just sound like you're genuinely un-shallow and a nice chick.

Keep doing whatever and whoever makes you happy and don't mind the occasional comment about being "mismatched." Also you'll make some guy that thinks you're "out of his league" feel like a king to be out with you on his arm.

I don't think anything about it is pathological.
OP = good human/10
>>
>>16811359
I am pretty sure OP is a man by how he talks
>>
You can't spend your life justifying who you love to other people, that is just silly and you won't ever be happy. If you find someone and there is a mutual respect, attraction, and chemistry, that is all your friends should be concerned with.

I let people get into my head that my ex was just dating me for citizenship(she was from italy here for university) and it ended up being a contributing factor for the relationship going south. I am unsure if the relationship would have ultimately worked, but it made me have some doubts about the relationship, I shouldn't of let that shit get to me.
>>
>>16811386
I don't mind the jokes unless it's really disrespectful to my boyfriend. That's really nice of you to say though.

>>16811394
Hahahaa this is Xbox Live all over again. I don't talk much, but when I do I always get "GO TO BED LITTLE BOY." I think my general diction is that of a 13 year old boy. Can you believe I have a real live adult person job? Shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>16811411
Oh, that's not it. I am proud of whoever I'm with because... well... I love them, so why wouldn't I be? None of my friends genuinely think I'm too 'good' for these people, they just find it funny and odd. This wasn't a cry for advice so much as it was curiosity. IS it uncommon, or are you/people you know like this?

That reaaaally sucks people got into your head with your relationship though. You're only human man, you at least learned from it.
>>
>>16811249
No one is out of your league when you talk like a dude.
>>
> I'm such gamer gurl :3 not like normal girls
> lol I'm so tall and not thin and I'm like a guy
> sooo masculine and I'm not shallow like other girls
> I like ugly shy guys like you!
> don't hit on me silly bois ^.~
> compliment me though teeeheeehee
>>
>>16811533
hahaha I can't even be fucking mad.

But seriously.......... I know I'm not all that special, which is why I assumed being kinda mismatched wasn't that weird. But apparently it is? This is genuine curiosity.
>>
>>16811587
> hehehe I'm just so clueless and normal
> all my friends say I'm weird o.o
> everyone tell me how special I am
>>
>>16811587
I don't think it's that abnormal, no. It might be a little rare, but unless you're going WAY down the totem pole, it's not that rare. People weight their turn on/off in their own individual way.

>>16811662
dude she's asking for normalization on the question, not attention.
>>
What saif above is true. Especially Charlie part, he's like everyones' fav.
Also it might be because you have a savior or mother complex. God bless ya girl.
>>
>>16811533
>>16811662
/thread
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.