[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth the effort to count calories if you're normal weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fucking blinds.gif (471KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
fucking blinds.gif
471KB, 500x281px
Is it worth the effort to count calories if you're normal weight?
>>
>>16810414
What's your goal? To lose weight? If so, then yes.

If it's just to generally maintain your weight, then probably not. As long as you're roughly in the right area, you're not going to gain a bunch of weight. Just don't get down on a bunch of fast food or booze or something now that you're not counting.
>>
Unless you're attempting to gain or lose weight, no. It is worthwhile to at least be aware of how much what you're eating is putting in you, but not worthwhile to write it down.
>>
>>16810432
>>16810434
well I started a new, somewhat physical job recently, nothing special, just being on my feet for most of the day and picking up small boxes, but I've been pretty sedetary before.

is that something you'd have to pay attention to or do you just naturally start eating more if you need more energy?
>>
>>16810441
You'll naturally eat a bit more, but don't go overboard and fill yourself with junk and fast food because you're doing a bit of physical activity now. No need to keep tracking of things .
>>
>>16810482
Today I've had three boiled eggs, three sandwiches bout the size of my palm and an apple, two cups of sugared coffee and I feel fine.

Is that fine? I have no idea how counting calories even works.
>>
>>16810490

weigh yourself. t hen weigh yourself in two weeks. then again in two weeks. keep track of the weight. if you are leaning in a bad direction, fix it. if you arent, dont worry.
>>
>>16810513
oh ok.

I'll try that.

Every two weeks?
>>
>>16810400
>>16810490

You look at the products your consuming and you have 2 options

1. Look at the packages of your food there should be written down how many calories the product has OR

2. Go to Google and look up the amount of calories each product has say for example boild eggs

Now you know how much calories you consumed or want to consume. For the next part you should count how many calories you eat per day. At last you should reduce that amount of calories by simply reducing or changing your eating habits.

I hope this is somehow understandable. If not just use Google mate it'll tell you all you need.
>>
>>16810522

yes. or three. or whatever. or just when you noticed you put on fat. its not a real science here its just keeping track to see if it changed you in a bad way.
>>
>>16810527
I've tried that, but I didn't weight the eggs and how do you measure the calories in an ambiguous amount of cheese/salami/cucumber?
>>
If you're normal weight they have %'s for your kind on food labels.

Just try to stay below 20% on each food you eat...also factoring in serving size. A 2000 calorie diet is recommended for normal people.
>>
>>16810490
unless you're talking about those big-ass starbucks sugar sauce abominations, yeah, that's not enough.

probably like 1200 or something. Not enough unless you're a tiny woman.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.