[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad that I'm 22 and don't have a car/license?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

Is it bad that I'm 22 and don't have a car/license? Do I look like an idiot taking public transit to and from work?
>>
>>16809439

>Car license
>>
>>16809439
Id bet most of the people on the bus are older than you so no you dont look like an idiot.

Cars are expensive and if youre fine with the bus dont worry bout it.

But for god sake get your license. Not having one, now thats weird.
>>
>>16809439
I got my license and bought my first car when I was 25, almost 26.

I was 23 when I lost my virginity.

You march to the beat of your own drum, OP.
>>
>>16809442

Yah, I guess it is. I had one a a long while ago but it expired, so now I have to do the whole process all over.
>>
>>16809439
Lots if people take public transport, even those with their license as it's cheaper so don't stress how you look but youngsters want to try get your licence withi the next couple of years as it feels bad if you're 25 without your car license.
>>
>>16809439

There is nothing wrong with it really if you live in a city where it's functional. In my city, it definitely isn't, and a bus trip to just about anywhere is a multi-hour ordeal. My roommate is in his 30s and takes the bus everywhere. His manchildness is ridiculous.

Anyways, at least get your license. It's worth having in case something happens and you need to drive a friend's car or something.
>>
>>16809439
My family pushed me to try it out because my hometown is a 2nd world shithole, I have faled two times, first was awful because stress,
second was just a bad luck. Driving license is useful but it's also expensive in some areas.
Conclusion: don't bother with it if you don't live in a utter shithole
>>
>>16809477
I live in one of the most expensive countries to drive a car in, and even here this isn't true. Every single time, the car is cheaper and faster. Which is the only reason people actually use the car. But try getting that through the thick skulls of the politicians. Of course, if you were able to, their first answer would be "we must make cars more expensive!" and then they would become addicted to the extra income, and refuse to give public transport further concessions, because they would endanger their spending money.
>>
>>16809439
If you live in a city with a decent public transport, it is far more sensible not to have the expense and hassle of a car.
>>
>>16809745
>>16809547
Depressing lives
>>
>>16809439

No?

Public transportaion is very viable. Its a hassle to pay for parking, maintentance, insurance and gas.
>>
Nothing wrong with taking public transport, but it can't hurt to have your licence for when you do want to drive somewhere.

>>16809745
I thought that there was no point just because there's good public transport where I live, but having your licence really does give you a lot more freedom and flexibility. It's handy just to have it, even if you don't drive often.
>>
>>16809439
Yes its weird,

I am 25 and autistic and I don't drive, not driving is common among autistic people. I am not lying, google that shit. You don't appear strange on public transit though but I'd get my license at least.
>>
>>16809439
No you have a job so its fine. People associate no license with NEET.
I just got my license and Im 24.
>>
>>16810012
>People associate no license with NEET.
No they don't. Not in the real world, anyway, I don't know what world you live in
>>
If you live in a mega city, you'd have to be full retard to buy a car and pay insurance, you are going to get raped financially just because you live in a city that probably has a high amount of accidents

Public transit can get uncomfortable at times, but the thousand dollars it'll save you per year is the difference between a vacation or a bump to your retirement fund.
>>
Not really. I didn't get my license until mid-20s and really only out of necessity. It isn't bad to have your license, even if you lack a car.

All depends on where you live. Public transport isn't an option in my town, so I have to drive.
>>
>>16810041
OP asked about getting their licence too. There's nothing wrong with getting your licence even if you're taking public transport everywhere.
>>
>>16809439
No.
>>
>>16809439

if you live in a city or town that has adequate public transportation, than no, no one is looking down on you.

99% of the people who know you take public transit are the people in public transit with you. look around. what do you see on the bus or train? mostly really old people who never made it in life. lots of poor people. and of course, young people who are still making their way through life.

getting a license helps alleviate any stress you have but you dont need to have a car.

no one thinks ur an idiot. literally no one thinks 'anon takes the train? what an idiot!'
>>
I'm a 34 year old lawyer and I commute on the bus, no, you're fine.
>>
>>16809439

Having a licence is actually a pretty good insurance against joblessness.

Having a car is of no importance if the infrastructure suppports commuting with public transportation

having a car is also pretty expensive: car+fuel+tax+repairs+maintnance+risk of theft etc. And city driving is something like 30-50% more fuel-intensive than rural driving.

There are benefits, of course, but you pay a price, and if you can easily get to and from work there is really no need
>>
>>16810016
try living in a first world country.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.