[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I have never mentioned this to anyone until now but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 203996_1.jpg (75KB, 812x1084px) Image search: [Google]
203996_1.jpg
75KB, 812x1084px
Hey /adv/,

I have never mentioned this to anyone until now but I'm going to admit to you guys that I'm ugly.
I'm tired of telling myself that I'm an average looking guy when I'm below average.
It's painful but it's true. It just is.
I love fashion and have a solid understanding of aesthetics and facial features.

How do you deal with being genetically unattractive?

I'm so tired of being constantly treated differently and badly because of my looks.
>>
Post picture.

4-5/10 ugly is a lot different from 2/10, especially if you are a guy.
>>
>>16804316

Compensate.
>>
>>16804322
I'm pretty sure people I know browse here sometimes. I can't.

You will just have to trust my best judgment.
I'm honestly a 5 or a 6 on really good days.
>>
>>16804328
I saw that one coming.

/thread
>>
>>16804330
Well if you're a guy that's obviously not ideal, because being attractive always helps, but you can still get hot girls as an ugly guy.

I went to school with a guy who had a hatchet face, a unibrow and the teeth of an appalachian mountain dew drinker, and he pulled, and continued to pull 8/10s.

He played baseball, and was relaxed and confident. Girls don't really care THAT much about looks.
>>
>>16804339
That sounds like compensation.
>>
There's a difference between having features that are usually considered ugly but pulling them off, and just being plain undesirable
>>
>>16804359
At least you are honest. Thank you.
>>
>>16804367
I don't even know what I am...
>>
>>16804357
>playing a sport and having a decent personality is compensating
If that's how you want to look at it go ahead, what would you suggest he do, be ugly AND a loser? Then he'd be on here asking for advice, but instead you're here.
>>
Why do you treat compensating as if it was a bad thing
>>
>>16804392
I get it. Thank you.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 747x632px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 747x632px
what's messed up on your face, op?
I had a large hump on my nose that was making my otherwise pretty face ugly. Visually I'm an 7-8/10 without it, but I was honestly about a 4 or 5/10 with it. I never had trouble getting guys to like me but now I have guys who I always thought were out of my league Like fighting over me.

So that's what I suggest:
Get cosmetic surgery done. We live in a world where, unfortunately, looks matter a lot.
If being ugly is making you unhappy, start saving up and get a surgery done. It will make you happier, and you can't put a price on that.
& don't listen to people who try to guilt you about cosmetic surgery. People who think they're above that are crazy- nearly all of us have had braces which is basically just a socially acceptable cosmetic adjustment.

Plus the healing process wasn't terribly painful or long.
Here's me like 9 days post op and I look pretty normal though my nose was still a bit swollen
>>
>>16804397
It's not.
I just wish I could make people happy by just having my company.
It's irrational if I don't have the necessary qualities though. That much I'm aware of.
>>
>>16804403
You can.
I have tons of ugly friends who I love being around. I don't want to be in a relationship because I don't find them sexually attractive, but my friends are basically like my BF minus the affection
>>
>>16804402
You are obviously a 8-9.
I feel like the last number to make it to 10 it's personal preference.
I can't see how one little issue with your nose would change that.
I'm seriously glad that it all worked out for you and I agree with what you typed.
I won't fight the idea of cosmetic surgery.
Looks matter. Period.
It's just worse because of my hobbies.
>>
>>16804402
Honestly I don't care about a girl's nose unless it's too deformed, you could post a pre op pic
>>
>>16804403
From what I know, you can always find a look that fits you, I look like a 4 in some outfits and like an 8 in others, even if it sounds gay I search for male fashion tips on youtube
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 750x870px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 750x870px
>>16804417
Well thanks! Here's a before picture for reference. The entire balance of one's face can be changed by making a small adjustment to a single feature.

>>16804420
Mine was pretty bad. I had honestly come to terms with it but my parents literally offered to pay for a surgery since I also had sleep apnea (it scared them I guess) so I had a septoplasty, rhinoplasty, and bilateral turbinate reduction performed by an ENT.
I was surprised at how much more confident I am now since I had come to terms with my appearance, but I believe the decision was very worthwhile.

That being said I don't think I'll have have anything else done. I very much like the way I look now.
>>
>>16804445
It truly changed your face a lot given what a smal feature it was, but as I said I don't care much about noses
>>
>>16804445
Wow, I've never been a proponent of cosmetic surgery, but the difference is amazing
>>
Dog, you say you can't post your mug here because people you know might browse here.

Why don't you ask those folks for advice? I could very well go up to one of my friends (who might be on this board for all I know) and ask them to objectively judge my physical appearance and give me advice on mitigation of weak points and highlighting strong points.

Plus, say someone sees your ass on here that you know. Cool, now they know that you think that you're unattractive. So what, bud? Are these people cunts or something?

I mean shit dude, I'm a pretty goofy-looking dude and I'll post my face if it'll make you more comfortable.

Aside from surgery, there are surely plenty of ways to best use your natural aesthetics to their best potential, and to mitigate unfortunate genetic occurances.

I just don't get why you're so shy, bud. As long as you aren't gonna post your drivers license picture or something with an asston of EXIF data, whats the big deal?
>>
>>16804497
The reason why I don't ask them for advice is because I know the things I can do to help my appearance.
I understand what I like as far as style and taste in clothing, haircut etc.
I can't change my facial structure though. I was also born with a bone defect in a visible area when I don't have a shirt on.
My point is that I can change so many things, endlessly, but it will never change my body, my face.
>>
>>16804316
Seems to me you know to much. There's no deal about it. You play the cards you're dealt. If people treat you wrong, that's a thing, man. There's ways to deal, but I don't know....
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.