[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people really drop out of school? I talked to few people in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1449886715262.jpg (134KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1449886715262.jpg
134KB, 640x640px
Do people really drop out of school?
I talked to few people in some chat rooms and hand full of people dropped out of high school.
>>
Stupid people drop out of high school. Seriously, it's a lot easier to get anywhere in life with a high school diploma than without (a GED is better than nothing, but worse than a diploma.).

I have a close friend who dropped out of high school and it's the stupidest thing she ever did.
>>
>>16802678
you answered your own question in OP
>>
>>16802683
If you go to college (which you should), then literally no one will even know you got a GED because you don't put it on your resume.
>>
>>16802678
I did it, thanks for reminding me of how shitty I'm. But I probably lived more in one year than many people on the chain during a decade.
>>
>>16802678
My brother dropped out. Ended up going to adult school to get his GED though.

I know a couple of people that dropped out of high school and got their GED, then just continued to community college and onward.

If you have absolutely nothing, no diploma or GED, then you're fucked my friend. Also, if you can't suck it up and complete 4 years of public education, you're fucked for life.
>>
Dropped school when i was 18 (final year) , now 21, studying on "evening courses" for an electronic degree . ( 3 years - 5 days a week - 18:00 to 21:30). After that i can work or get in uni for a master in industrial engineering. Also eurofag so sorry for english
>>
>>16802678
I had anxiety issues all throughout school. I wasn't able to focus in that kind of environment. I had always felt that everyone was staring at me. I'd even considered that everyone could read my thoughts; more, I'd felt I was loudly projecting them. I was eventually kicked out for never doing my work. I had a group of friends though, and I wasn't a complete outcast. I had kept my anxiety under-wraps the best I could. I ended up getting a GED. I don't know what hope I have for the future.
>>
>>16802683
>>16802704
I've never seen a situation where there was a difference between a GED and a highschool diploma.
>>
>>16804429
>I've never seen a situation where there was a difference between a GED and a highschool diploma
By law, there isn't supposed to be one. Practice falls short of theory at times, as always, but on the whole this one is fairly consistently upheld.

Generally, dropping out of high school to get your GED is still not a good idea. I've seen a few extreme cases where it really was better than the alternative: But they were, among other things, all cases where the person actually would have preferred to have stayed in high school; they were forced out by extraordinary circumstances, rather than leaving by choice.
>>
>>16804429
It's the same, but if you have a GED it shows you were a retard that dropped out of high school in the first place.
>>
I'm 28 and I dropped out of high school.

Unless you are trying to get into some prestigious school no one cares about whether or not you have your GED or graduated.

However, if you do choose to drop out, you need to get on it right away. Get your GED right off the bat and start training or working. A lot of losers say they will do it, but just become losers.

I would suggest finishing high school, because why not? If you absolutely don't want to do it, immediately get your GED while the knowledge is still fresh in your mind. I'm talking the same week.
>>
>>16802758
Keep telling yourself that to cope with your failure
>>
>>16804650
I could have taken and passed the GED by the time I was in freshmen year. I really regret not doing that.
>>
my cousin dropped out of high school and never got his GED. he killed himself lol
>>
>>16802678
Depends on your age. Most states and foreign countries require you to attend (or, in some cases, your parents can be jailed) up to some age - usually 16. After that you are free to make as many stupid mistakes as you wish.
>>
>>16802678
You can skip school entirely and just pay the secretary of a school to print and legalize a diploma for you. Obviously it costs a lot but you are paying for something you could have gotten for free over sacrificing your time.
>>
I dropped out of school and got an apprenticeship the same week, started on $8.30 but i'm on $38 an hour now, slowly working my way up I can't really encourage it though i guess, it still sucks and i have to work fulltime at a job i hate but i guess at least i didn't waste my time or money in a worthless degree. if you have the motivation to go and do stuff with that then go ahead, but i'm the laziest fucker ever.
>>
>>16804837
lol
>>
>>16804837
lol
>>
>>16802678
I was experiencing severe amounts of anxiety and depression my final year (non-school related) and due to the circumstances I dropped out. Despite that, I really did want to continue going.

Dropping out is something I do not approve of if you can avoid it.
>>
>>16802704
>because you don't put it on your resume
You don't put any highschool anything on your resume, literally nobody cares.
>>
>>16802683
Errr.
I dropped out after grade 10 and started a full time apprenticeship.
Now at 24 I don't even have to work I own 6 homes and 2 apartments. I just live off my returns. I don't know any one else who finished school who is a well off as I am.
>>
File: 1421200797135.png (137KB, 465x996px) Image search: [Google]
1421200797135.png
137KB, 465x996px
>be the weirdo loser that everyone knows for some reason
>a prime target for bullying
>teachers would sometimes join in mocking me, and would refuse to stop other students when they would taunt me
>became afraid to go to school because it was hellish, even walking down the halls between periods wasn't safe
>attendance dropped, develop social anxiety really bad
>at the end of year 11 have only 2 real friends, more enemies than I could feasibly count
>the decision to drop out came when a teacher refused to help me with a project because "you won't finish it anyway"
>decide that if the students are outwardly hostile to me, if the teachers are willfully negligent, and no one was willing to help me I would just stop going
>its been 8 years since I dropped out
>it was a terrible decision because now I can't get a job
>still have awful social anxiety, being in a group of more than 5 people gives me a panic attack and I shut down
>trying to get autismbux because nobody wants to hire an awkward loser with no formal education

Don't drop out, kids. Even if the whole world is against you don't make the same mistake I did and let them win.
>>
>>16806043
Loser with not education and a violent felon
Making 12$+ and hour down south
>>
>>16805801

Tell full story.

>be 16
>get a job paying $8 an hour
>??? (8 years(
>$800,000 in assets

Fill in the blanks, math isn't really adding up
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.