[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in a really bad situation and don't know what to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: readImage.jpg (20KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
20KB, 412x351px
So about a week ago, my abusive father was angry and he ended up taking it out on me. As soon as i decided to stand up for myself by telling him that I don't deserve what he's doing, he started punching himself in the face and called the cops to frame me saying i hit him. having no other choice, i ran away. I've been gone for a week. i had to walk 9 hours to get to my mother's house because i have no friends, no family, and no phone. I'm currently using a laptop at my mother's. I've been staying here but it's terrible. My mom is really nuts (which is why i lived with my dad) and i feel like i've lost the future that i've worked so hard for. I feel disgusting, i've been wearing the same clothes for a week. I'm an honors student taking honors classes, I'm in the school band, and i never do anything to get in trouble at school or at home. I'm really just in the wrong situation. I haven't been to school in a week, i miss my life where i had control, i feel so hopeless because i have nowhere to go and i have to find somewhere to go within the next 4 days. I can't stay here because my mother is moving to Mississippi in a week and i can't go with her

this whole situation has me feeling really depressed and hopeless and suicide seems like a really valid option because i have no way out.
I'm trying really hard not to just give up and kill myself but i feel like i'm backed into a corner. My dad won't take me back and he's impossible to reason with.
What should I do? I can't drop out of school and work to support myself because I've worked so hard to be a successful student so I can get into a nice college and have a future.
>>
>>16802489
Don't you have a counselor at your school?

I'm not asking to say, "Get advice from him instead of me!", but because they usually have information about local resources you could use that could help exactly someone in your situation. At least in my experience.
>>
>>16802489
Do you have any grandparents or aunts/uncles you can stay with? I suggest at least going to the police voluntarily and telling them what happened to you, so they have two sides of the story on record.
>>
>>16802493
This is probably the best thing to do.

Normally I tell people to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps but you're a kid and the situation is fucked.
>>
>>16802489

First thing you should do is call your school, or go in to the office, and explain your situation honestly. They don't want to see a good student go down the drain, they're connected to your local community, they can probably find a way to help you find some kind of housing situation. Talk to them make sure they know you're not just blowing off your studies, and move from there.

You're going through some shit right now that would be difficult and painful and stressful for anyone. But you can't let other people's inadequacies drag you down. Your parents suck, and you need to get away from them. I know this all seems really overwhelming, but you just need to break it down into manageable steps, and take it one day at a time. Call the school. That's step one.
>>
I thought about calling but I don't have a phone and I think my father had me pulled from the school because I tried to login to my school email and the account has been deleted

Like I said, I have no relatives :(
thanks though guys

I also forgot to mention I recently turned 17
>>
>>16802489
yeah dude, go talk to someone at your school or hell, even the cops.

why did you run? you should have told the cops your story, especially if youre a model student with no history of violence. fuck your dad, he sound like a piece of shit and deserves jail time.

you'll make it bro, but you need to ask for help, this isn't something you can do by yourself.
>>
>>16802509

I will try to borrow a phone on Monday to call though.
>>
Seriously, thanks a lot guys. I haven't posted on here before and i though it was gonna be like "kek m9 kill urself ur fucc'd u cuck"
>>
>>16802531
>>16802540

If your dad "had you pulled from the school," you can undo it. You just need to tell them the truth. I promise you're not the first student they've ever had to help with crazy-ass parents. I know you feel completely trapped right now, but you're not alone, the people at your school have probably had to deal with things like this before, and they'll be able to offer you some realistic options for moving forward and finishing school.

Like I said, just take it one step at a time. These problems are temporary. Soon you'll be an adult and you can start building your own independent life, you can completely leave your parents behind if you want to. Just focus on finding a way to finish school. That's the only goal that matters right now.
>>
>>16802536

I had to run because even though my stepmother and younger brother know how he is and saw him try to frame me, they wouldn't support me over my father in court. I believe they'd lie to support him, rather than tell the truth.
>>
>>16802531
>I thought about calling but I don't have a phone
You have a computer, don't you?

Go to gmail. There's a phone you can use there. It's free. Just plug some headphones in there and talk.
>>
>>16802577
The feature might not be available in all areas but here's a quick link to the plug-in just in case it is:

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chat/voice/
>>
>>16802546
4chan only does that to whiny fags.

you actually have a legitimate problem, so we help.
>>
>>16802577
I had no idea google had that, thanks
>>
>>16802588
No problem. It was a huge lifesaver for me when my phone got stolen or when my provider disconnects me for whatever reason.
>>
>>16802531
You're 17, is he allowed to do that? Where I live you become responsible for things like this at 16 and a parent needs to have your permission before removing you from school and such.
>>
>>16802583
>>16802586
Thank you
>>
>>16802546

Keep posting here if you need help getting through this shit, figuring out college applications, apartments, etc. You're just a kid and you're not supposed to have to figure all this stuff out on your own. Your parents dropped the ball, but that doesn't mean you're fucked. One day at a time
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.