[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop overeating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160213_192841127.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160213_192841127.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I'm not going to ask for weightloss advice, which is why I won't post this on /fit/ either. I know that I just need to stop stuffing my face with food. The problem is that I can't. I eat until I'm in pain, my stomach hurts and I even had to skip Uni at some days because of my stomach. I spend more time on the toilet than I do studying right now, which is also a major inconvenience and hurts. I had to throw up 2 times in the last few months because I ate too much.
It's mostly sweets (cookies, chocolate, candy, etc.) and sometimes fast food.
>>
File: diet.jpg (37KB, 325x499px) Image search: [Google]
diet.jpg
37KB, 325x499px
I'm currently doing a Low Carb + Very Low Calorie Diet. I highly recommend it. It's what they put diabetics on to reverse type 2 diabetes and improve insulin sensitivity.

It's the only way I've been able to lose weight because it kills your appetite. You go into ketosis and lose the weight incredibly quickly, about 30lbs in 8 weeks. You have no hunger cravings because your insulin never spikes and drops.

Search for "The 8 week blood sugar diet" book and get yourself a copy.
>>
I don't see what the problem is, eating that way will stretch your stomach and increase its capacity so you can eat more
>>
>>16802375
I did that and lost 25kg, but since then I've gained 10kg back. I just can't bring myself to start it again and to constantly go shopping and cook.
>>16802384
The problem is that I'm basically killing myself slowly.
>>
>>16802390
I just can't bring myself to start it again and to constantly go shopping and cook.

It takes five minutes to make an omelette with some bell peppers thrown in, or to fry a steak and grate some cheese on it. Literally 5 minutes. If you can go to the shop to buy sweets and cakes and shit, why not eggs and beef?

This sounds like a compulsion and a lack of motivation rather than hunger. Maybe see a psychotherapist.
>>
You need to eat smaller, less calorie dense foods throughout the day. It will kill hunger cravings your eating smaller meals and snacks every couple of hours. Also count your calories if you aren't already. That's the key to losing weight by the exact number. Don't fucking cheat it.
>>
>>16802449

Low carb is not "cheating it". You don't need carbs for any specific mineral, vitamin or nutrient. Why put yourself through the hunger pangs of dieting when there's a perfectly simple, hunger free and healthy way to lose weight?
>>
>>16802457
What are you even saying. Calories in/calories out is the only thing that controls how much weight you gain or lose. Carbs have nothing to do with it.

Don't listen to this guy OP he's a troll.
>>
>>16802462
>Calories in/calories out is the only thing that controls how much weight you gain or lose.

...if you have the willpower to overcome hunger pangs.

You don't need willpower if you don't get the pangs. It's very hard to over eat on low carb. Not impossible but very hard.
>>
>>16802449
>>16802457
>>16802462
>OP: I'm not going to ask for weight loss advice
>people argue over weight loss
lel
>>
>>16802474
Either way it comes down to how many calories you are eating. You can still over eat on a low carb diet.

>>16802479
He's asking how to stop stuffing his face and being a fat fuck. Both of those can be controlled by dieting. Also I'm trying to not let him take in misinformation.
>>
I don't know man. I remember eating that much once. I think it was a stress thing. I'd order a giant meal, like, a big sandwich with fries and chicken tenders and chow the whole thing down at once. I didn't even think about how gross it was, it just felt good at the time, it was comforting.

When I was losing weight, I got some advice to eat 300 calories every three hours, and that's what i did. The amount was actually less important than the consistency and pacing: I had several small meals instead of three large meals every day. I don't remember the biological logic behind it, but it definitely worked to keep me and my hunger in check.

In the end it just made for a healthier eating habit that I now follow without even really thinking about it. 300 calories, every three hours. I can't eat as much as I used to in one sitting anymore because I just stop being hungry after I eat a set amount.
>>
>>16802488
And before you ask, yeah I got some hunger pangs, but they were easier to stave off when I thought, "in a couple of hours, I can eat more".

That's really all you have to keep in mind. It's not long before the next meal. This shit is totally under your control.
>>
>>16802349
This sounds like a behavioural thing so I suggest that you get rid of all pre packaged or simple to prepare foods and replace them with food that requires work to make.
If you're as lazy as I am it helps immensely in weight loss.
Also if you feel the desire for 'wet' foods you're probably just dehydrated and have learned to associate thirst with hunger. I used to have this pretty bad with cornflakes.
>>
>>16802349
I'm actually the same way, but recently I've been trying to eat more slowly in order to see if that has an effect. I love junk food too much to let it go (I used to be /fit/ for several months), which I'm certain is just me trying to fill a void. I try to eat with as little distractions as possible and have a stopwatch on hand when necessary, otherwise I just chew twice the amount of time I usually chew. I've been at it for almost a week, so I can't really bring up any progress updates.
>>
>>16803400
Forgot to bring this up, but yes I do feel full earlier than I usually do. Unfortunately, that hasn't exactly kept me from eating past that point, but it's a start.
>>
I agree with the keto anon. Ketogenic diet is dank. 30 lbs in 2 months for me, and now I'm running and lifting.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.