[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is a 'relationship' ? ADVICE PLEASE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

What is the difference between a 'relationship' and 'friendship' ?

I'm asking because my friend and I have feelings for eachother but we dont want to be sexually involved, and to him a relationship = friendship+sex. Is it possible to be in a relationship but not have sex? What makes a relationship different from friendship then?
>>
no, what distinguishes a romantic relationship form every other relationship is sex.
>>
>>16801478
I mean I guess if you just decide to call eachother boyfriend and girlfriend and abide by all the other general behaviour minus sex it's a relationship.
>>
>>16801493
A very shitty one tho.
>>
you can be in a relationship and not have sex??!!? sex isn't this massive thing that makes it a definite relationship, it's the feeling of mutual love and trust for each other in a way that can't be spread just through being friends but through being lovers. being in love is what makes it a relationship, not being in bed
>>
>>16801504
>mutual love and trust for each other
that's the definition of a good friendship
>>
Could you people stop being so fucking obsessed with sex? A relationship is an special emotional connection to someone else. While sex is normal, two people can definitely love each other and not have sex. It's just that when you really like something there is an urge to have sex but it's not the only form of intimacy. Some would be happy just cuddling and it doesn't change their feelings for each other.
>>
>>16801490
I dont know, to me i always thought a relationship was when two people love eachother and wanna do stuff together all the time like talk and hang out, and i dont know, hold hands, hug, watch the sunset or something, want to move in together and stay together, like, a relationship is a long-term thing, i dont know, i feel stupid. i thought sex was just one of the ways of showing someone you love them, when youre in a relationship
>>
>>16801519
>>16801519
>i thought sex was just one of the ways of showing someone you love them
absolutely. you can and SHOULD show your love in other forms. but if you are comfortable around somebody, you love them, you like to hug and cuddle with them, i see no reason to not also share sex with them. sex between two people in love is a whole new level of intimacy that almost can't be recreated with other forms of "showing love".
>>
>>16801519
Don't listen to them, no normal person actually believes you can only be in a relationship if you're fucking. I've been dating a girl seriously for 3 years and neither of us has had sex, but we are definitely not just friends especially since we are thinking about marriage.
>>
>>16801527
if it helps you understand the situation better, both of us are guys. we arent interested in gay sex, lol.
>>
>>16801527
I'd that why people have casual sex? Because they just love so many people.
>>
>>16801533
>they just love so many people
no, because they don't love anybody. they desperately try to get a grip on that intimacy, but without love, sex is just a range of movements that ends in a tension release, triggered by overstimulation.
>>
>>16801536
>sex is just a range of movements that ends in a tension release, triggered by overstimulation.

well then i dont see why its such a big deal if a relationship doesnt have sex
>>
A relationship is completely separated from sex.

It's about admiration and devotion. Finding the good in each other and using it to build each other up. Finding the life in the others eyes and using it to motivate not only yourself, but the other person too. Being wholes but also being a whole. It's about complimenting and contrasting, bringing out the best in each other. A relationship is a work of art. It's so much more than an ordinary friendship because you find little pieces of each other in everything, and have a part of one another the rest of the world cant see.
It's not about sex, it never has to be. That's just an added part for some couples, it doesnt define a partnership.
>>
>>16801532
>both of us are guys
well, yes, that ma^kes a difference. i hope i'm not offending you now, but the two of you don't have that animalistic need to have sex, triggered by hormones involved in the reproduction process.
why do you even care? you don't need to put a label on your relationship. and you shouldn't compare your relationship to others anyways. and you should definitelynot give two fucks about what others think about your relationship. you do you. everything else is just a sad show.
>>
saying a relationship isn't a relationship without sex is like saying coffee isn't coffee without milk. sometimes coffee has milk in it, sometimes it doesn't, but it's still coffee. just like how some relationships have sex in them and some don't, a relationship is still a relationship without sex in it. it's just personal preference
>>
>>16801538
>why its such a big deal if a relationship doesnt have sex
because, as soon as love is involved, sex is MINDBLOWING
i had meaningless sex all my life. i would trade every single of those encounters in a heartbeat for one minute of sex with somebody i love. cause i finally got to experience what a difference it makes on my own.
>>
Do you kiss?

If not, you should at least try it.
>>
how do you define sex though? it's not just penetration, if that's what you're worried about.
>>
>>16801554
I dont know what he meant when he said he against sex, he specifically said anal sex, which i am against doing too, but i dont know what else
>>
>>16801558
now THAT is a totally different story. if you two aren't up for penetrative sex, there's still PLENTY of other ways to have sex. i thought you wanted to completely block sexuality out of your relationship. that would have been a bit weird.
>>
yeah nah mate you don't always have to stick it in
>>
yeah ok mate honestly if you literally think relationships revolve around sex you're a bit of a loony fuck, like who actually thinks that ???????? u ok???????????????
>>
not my opinion again just wanted to say hi
>>
Need more advice please
>>
>there are girls on /adv/ who have tricked unsuspecting betas into sexless relationships
L m a o
>>
desu if you're not comfortable with the idea of it, you don't have to do anything, because at the end of day its only a way you show someone love & there are lots of ways you can still do that
>>
literally i aint letting this thread die yet, i want to see what more people have to say Lol
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.