[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go to USA for college or should stay in Mexico? Some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1447427932241.jpg (33KB, 497x512px) Image search: [Google]
1447427932241.jpg
33KB, 497x512px
Should I go to USA for college or should stay in Mexico?

Some background:
>Mom gets remarried to an american
>She went to live with him and so did my little sister
>I didn't like the idea very much so I stayed with my dad to finish high school
>I love math and I plan to study Computer or Software Engineering

I feel more comfortable staying. But the USA is a more developed country and it might be better in the long run to move over there.

However, neither my mom or her husband are rich. So I will be attending two years of community college and then transfer to an university.

After all this it boils down to:
>Go to USA and get into community college for 2 years then transfer to an university for 2 years while on a student loan.

>Stay in Mexico and pay for college normally with using loans

I don't know what to do, I've talked about this multiple times with my parents to the point of nausea and I don't really care anymore about what happens
>>
>>16800120
>Stay in Mexico and pay for college normally with using loans
without*
>>
If you want a future you'll got the US. Someone coming from a third world country to study an engineering discipline is impressive, especially if you're going to be going to school somewhere that's not California or Arizona.
>>
>>16800241
Actually, I'm going to live in Phoenix. Is this a bad thing?
>>
>>16800374
Forget about it. Even the shittiest American degree is better than the best degree in Mexico
>>
>>16800374
It's not bad, it's just that you'll lose the competitive edge coming from another country and being an ethnic minority would give you, since Arizona is has a huge Mexican population.
You can still get a good education, but it won't be handed to you like it would if you were going somewhere in the north or on the east coast.
>>
Any chance you can go to a good 4 year right of the bat? Being an international student with that degree would give you an effective cutting edge, and I know a lot of schools have programs for international students, especially if you come from a "less developed" country
>>
>>16800584
>Any chance you can go to a good 4 year right of the bat?
Probably not. Many people have advised me to not to do it because of student loans and stuff. And also, it will be even more expensive for a little while because in the first semester or so I wouldn't be an US resident yet, so it would cost a little more. But honestly, I haven't looked much into this by myself

>I know a lot of schools have programs for international students, especially if you come from a "less developed" country
I've got no idea about this.
>>
File: 1447620385737.webm (423KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447620385737.webm
423KB, 480x480px
How about building a wall?
>>
>>16800120
Pick the one that doesn't waste American taxpayer's money.
>>
Bumpe
>>
Bump 2
>>
Go away Pablo, we're full
>>
Help
>>
Trump is winning. Go to school in mexico land
>>
>>16800120
finally a foreigner studying engineering that isn't chinese.

Welcome to the great United States. We welcome you with open arms. You will enjoy our education a lot, I'm sorry about those who might be very judgmental against you.
>>
Go to school in America they hats white people in schools there it can be a Mexico part 2 don't feel lost run a cartel there don't let people talk about your cartel you have a right to not be offended or feel uncomfortable
>>
>>16804167
Shut up. He should stay in Mexico and have the Mexican government pay for his school.
>>
did you want to go back to mexico when you're done?

or stay in usa land after graduating because you're there already?
>>
>>16800120
you should stay in Mexico and study civil engineering so you can help build Donald's wall
>>
>>16804911
Staying in usa
>>
Pendejo metete a la UNAM. I fucked up and came to USA, long story short, if you dont have a scholarship it's not worth it. You have options like UNAM that are completely FREE and really damn good.
>>
Despues de que sacas la licenciatura aplicas a graduate school fuera. Vale la pena.
>>
>>16805665
Then fuck off and stay in Mexico
>>
>>16806267
Pues no soy chilango pero voy a ver que pedo. Gracias
>>
>>16806650
Oye compadre y pensar en una beca del Tec de Monterrey?
>>
>>16806659
También estoy viendo eso. El problema es que en el campus de mi ciudad (Sonora norte) solo tienen Ingeniería Mecatronica e Ingeniería Industrial como carrera completa. Si quiero ing. en sistemas computacionales tendría que irme a una casa de asistencia en Guadalajara o Monterrey, que es otro gasto más aparte de colegiatura, libros, etc. Igual con la UVM. La otra es que asista a una universidad publica de aquí.

Una pregunta, ¿Por que dices que estudiar en USA sin beca no vale la pena? ¿Por los gastos?
>>
>>16806718
Digo eso a nivel licenciatura porque teniendo buenas universidades a un costo mucho mas bajo o gratis (unam), puedes sacarle un provecho muy grande a tu educacion, mientras que en USA claramente conseguiras buena educación pero no necesariamente mejor que lo que podrias conseguir gratis.
>>
File: great_wall_trump.jpg (78KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
great_wall_trump.jpg
78KB, 650x350px
>>16806718
BUILD THE WALL
>>
>>16800120
The USA is fucking expensive. And if Trump gets elected, shit will go down.
>>
>>16807362
>And if Trump gets elected, shit will go down.
But I would be a legal citizen
>>
>>16807362
>And if Trump gets elected, shit will go down.
No it won't.
>>
Funny, im from Phoenix and almost went down to Mexico for the free university
>>
>>16808341
What stopped you to do it?
>>
>>16807362
Yeah like bernie and hillary won't make this country anymore worse.
>>
I'd go to the almighty USA, unless there's a better school somewhere in Mexico that's community
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.