[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Divorce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: a world without lawyers.gif (475KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
a world without lawyers.gif
475KB, 400x296px
tldr:
My friend just called me to say he's going to get divorced. I don't really know what to say to him. Advice?

context:
I feel like I'm not mature enough to console a friend through this shit. Like I can't even legally take him to a bar help him forget (turning 21 in April).

They pretty much married right when he was 18 after she got pregnant, so we're all pretty young. But he sounded pretty distraught when he told me and I was just like "whoooaaaa duude that suuuuckss".

I said I'd come over in a bit but I'm freaking out. We're both pretty much losers with no other friends, so I feel like I'm responsible for helping him through this.

pic maybe unrelated?
>>
>>16799692
If I was i your shoes I would go to a bar with him and first hear him about how he feels, telling you in detail his situation. Then from there advice him in some way, or just letting him know that you are there for what he needs, or just be honest about it and tell him that you are there for him.
>even if it sounds homo
>>
>>16799692
Forgive me for sounding blunt. I mean this for reals. You are not a marriage councillor or an educated therapist. You are young and inexperienced in what hes going through and you havent suffered through what he has and what hes going to.

It is normal, acceptable and expected you have no advice. Youd be an asshole if you did just run your mouth and said stuff like "you just need to" and "you should.." and "dont think that."

Your role as a friend is to exist. He chose you to speak to. Empathise. Say nothing more than that it pains you hes hurt. When he speaks listen. Encourage him to do activities. Not as a cure but just because. Go with him. Be a bud.

And mostly, if he turns you down for any of that, leave him be. He can have all the space he wants.

If you really get worried or he asks you what to do, and he mopes for too long, you could suggest he seek a medical professional's aid.

The above is all this thread needs.
>>
>>16799692
Point out the bright side. As a single dad he can take junior to the park where the hot au pairs and nannies go.

Being a good dad with a cute kid and a baadddd story about how the bitch did him wrong and he'll be fighting off the pussy.

This isn't sarcasm.
>>
>>16799720
God has spoken.

I'd still tell him about picking up pussy in the park. Fresh young baby is good bait.
>>
Despite all my advice i would agree with this, too.
>>
>>16799742
Meant for>>16799731
>>
go out, get drunk and hire hookers
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.