[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get someone to open up? Do you just have to 'be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: AndAgain.gif (935KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
AndAgain.gif
935KB, 500x361px
How do you get someone to open up?
Do you just have to 'be there' for them and hope they eventually feel safe to speak their mind?
I have been in a relationship for several months and my girlfriend tends to shut me out when she is troubled by something.
We other-wise communicate pretty well.. I just feel helpless - and occasionally paranoid - when all I get is "I'm okay TTYL".
>>
As long as there is nothing going on to make you worried about her mental or physical well being then you should be fine. Some people are just kinda distant and that's how they do. As her partner you just gotta accept that's how she is with her emotions or dump her.
>>
I have this same problem, but with my guy friends. My girlfriend and girl friends, they open up and talk about serious shit all the time, and it's nice. Intimacy (not sexual, but emotional) is something we all crave - from both sexes - and I just don't have it with my guy friends, save for a couple. And I consider them my best friends, so that's a factor.

It just takes some time, I suppose. Don't give up or shut down.
>>
>>16798582
Have you done anything to make her question the trust in the relationship? Otherwise it's just time mate.

You say you guys communicate well other-wise and unless you think it has something to do with the relationship, it might be her personality to deal with problems herself. She'll open up eventually.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.