[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys.. I feel sad because I'm trying really hard to be interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1435982894473.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1435982894473.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
Guys..
I feel sad because I'm trying really hard to be interested by the subjects I'm trying to accomplish but they just feel like nothing more than a task that needs to be accomplished. No school subjects are worth pursuing forever for me because none of it is interesting. Sure, I grasp the concept of it all; Maths, Science, ect. But it's just so... Boring.
I want to get a respectable well paid job that's fun but not be stuck in some butt fucking job after working my ass off in College. What the hell do I do?
>>
>>16797877
what exactly do you even find fun.
>>
>>16797881

a little bit of this.

but also, triangle theory.

there are always three things you want. but you cant have all three.

it can be fun and well paid, but no one respects you.
it can be well paid and respectable, but not fun
or it can be respectable and fun, but not well paid.

generally.
>>
Fuck respect! Who gives a shit what people think?
>>
>>16797877
i thought in college you only pick one or two subjects? I'm doing criminology with law, the law side of it is boring as fuck but criminology is pretty interesting.
>>
find something you love to do then do it
>>
File: 1390767626459.jpg (157KB, 647x558px) Image search: [Google]
1390767626459.jpg
157KB, 647x558px
>>16798202
Law 5:
-So much depends on reputation. Guard it with your life.
>>
>>16798972
Where is that quote from?
>>
>>16799724
48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
>>
>>16797877
They lied.
You don't HAVE to go to college for a good job.
And "dirty" jobs arent necessarily bad.

I got a degree in political science and foreign relations, and an IQ of 128.

Im a Carpenter. Swinging my hammer and shooting the shit with the boys on the construction site, and driving passed buildings I constructed fills me with pride and is way better than speculating on whether or not cultures divided by language within one country causes car bombs.... Also Im the forklift guy. Once in awhile I get put on a site to help my comrades by basically playing a goddamn video game all day.

ANd Im union.. I make 80k a year and I get a 10% lump sum every year for vacation. Also 7$ an hour goes towards an rrsp.

Gtfo of college kid. If you don't care, you're actually going nowhere.
>>
>>16799803
Also, educational requirement for a Unionised tradesman (In Canada)...
Grade 10 math.

tell me I didn't waste 40k on university tuition?
>>
>>16797877

Science is the study of literally the entire universe known and unknown. If you aren't interested in that you aren't interested in anything. But I'm biased since I'm a scientist. Maybe you could get a job watching anime and masturbating? Or whatever dumb shit you spend your free time on.
>>
>>16798384
what if you dont love anything
>>
>>16799823
Hello, Mr. Scientist.

I completely disagree with you.

I love science, and not a day goes by I dont learn something new about science. I read articles, books, peer review journals, and whatever I can find. I am also a strong critical thinker.

I nearly failed science in grade school and sadly went to university for arts because my marks weren't good enough. (I dropped out of that, too)

Why? Because I have ADHD which was untreated through my school years. Learning must be spontaneous, on my terms, in short bursts, with large variety to choose from, and without deadline, or else I need stimulant drugs.

I think science is amazing for the exact reason you stated. it is literally the entire universe, and I am curious.

But school in any way shape or form bores the ever loving christ out of me, and I can't handle it.

You also don't have to have adhd to feel this way. So OP being uninterested in his studies doesn't mean he hates science.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.