[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be better to major Accounting or Pharmacy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (27KB, 415x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 415x415px
Would it be better to major Accounting or Pharmacy?
>>
>>16797815

define better. each obviously has its pros and cons.
>>
>>16797817
As in the likelihood that I will be able to find a career
>>
>>16797832

you will find jobs in both. career wise accountant has more room for growth.
>>
>>16797840
hm it feels like accounting is much more popular though
>>
File: The Age of Stupid.jpg (35KB, 535x162px) Image search: [Google]
The Age of Stupid.jpg
35KB, 535x162px
>>16798024
>hm it feels like accounting is much more popular though

But there is always going to be a greater need in the world for accountants than for pharmacists.

Equally, the internet is making great inroads into the pharmacy business, hard to see the same happening with accountancy, indeed with new regulations coming out regularly it is becoming more complex, not less, so greater need.
>>
>>16797815
Pharmacy needs you to have your own shop/get hired by someone who is a pharmacist, and depending on local legislation there may be a limited number of pharmacies per habitants. As an accountant you can be hired by every business existing. There's more competition for accountant, but you're unlikely to have your own shop.

Also a pharmacist has to study more, remember more shit, and to deal with the companies who will beg you to put their products in a good light
>>
>>16797815
Both are right up there in suicide rates. If you want to end yourself even faster, consider dentistry.
>>
>>16797815
Two of my uncles, an aunt and one of my cousins did pharmacy. My uncles and aunt earned an obscene amount of money relative to how much actual work they do, because they were shielded by the law.

Don't do pharmacy, the laws making it worthwhile are getting attacked from everywhere, the times when pharmacists earned as much as a trader are over and they're not coming back. The way things are going they're 15 years from all being employed / put out of business by Walmart.
>>
>>16797815
depends on which country you are from. are you american or are you from some asian country?
>>
None, choose carpentry.
>>
>>16797815
How long you want to be in school for ?
>>
I'm in my last year of pharmacy school in Canada. Ask me anything.
>>
>>16798024
people rarely stick with accounting because the courses are tough and you take a shit load of math classes but you could get a good job with a bachelors + CPA . Don't even try going for masters, with a CPA you will get a job quick. Pharmacists requires you to be in school for a long ass time. like 8 ish years aaaaand thats all i know.
>>
>>16799558
Minus 8 years
>>16798321
Land of the free
>>16799924
The biggest reason I'm taking it into consideration is because math is my best subject, and according to lots of people that corelates well with pharmacy and memorizing the 829749394 different medicines
>>
>>16799558
Well if the 8 years is fine pharma is a good gig.

BUT you're saying that now. People change over time and 4 years as an adult is different from four years as a teenager/kid.
>>
>>16799924
How much math is accounting really?

I suck at math but decided I will get my CPA.

I was told by various people that accounting isn't as much math as people make it out to be but really just basic math with learning a lot of processing numbers.
>>
I really recommend carpentry. It's a solid well paying job
>>
>>16800557
You wont be doing much math in accounting but there will be of math classes required for you to graduate with an accounting major. A few calculus courses, college algebra of course and statistics. The reason why they want you to take these classes is for you to have better analysis skills and quick thinking, but the only math you'll be doing is simple + - x /... There are a few formulas but they're simple.
>>
+1 carpentry
>>
+1 carpentry
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.