[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a bad person for not caring about politics one single bit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1455237399126.png (622KB, 710x664px) Image search: [Google]
1455237399126.png
622KB, 710x664px
Am I a bad person for not caring about politics one single bit?
>>
Not at all.
Politics is usually surrounded with corruption, robbery, violence and conflict.
None of them seems quality of the interest of good people.
Not that the people who care are bad, no, but, well, not caring doesn't mean you are.

Just for the lols: I don't give a fuck about politics since I was born. I'm 25, major philosopher and I think anarchy is the thing.

FUCK POLITICS, HAIL LIFE =)
>>
>>16796946

No. Caring about politics these days is a hobby, not an citizen's obligation.
>>
>>16796946
I take it you don't pay any significant amount of taxes?
>>
>>16796946
You have a civic duty to your country and fellow men. If you choose not to fulfill this duty then that is sad.

And you're screwing yourself over more than the rest of us. Which is sad.
>>
File: apolitical.jpg (84KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
apolitical.jpg
84KB, 720x540px
>>16796946
>>16796961
>>16796967
Yes, you should all feel bad. The solution to politics being shitty isn't sticking your head in the sand, it's being political and doing something about it. Guess what, there is no such thing as "being apolitical", you're supporting the status quo by doing nothing.

>I'm an apolitical anarchist
>>
>>16796983
>and doing something about it

good luck with that, you'll end up branded a terrorist, an enemy of freedomâ„¢ or outright murdered because you looked at politicians the wrong way.
>>
>>16796995
Defeatist attitude. I'm not talking about revolution, even something minor like voting or donating to a campaign, if done by large numbers of people, would have a big influence. Next time you hear someone saying that voting changes nothing, show them the actual figures on how many people vote or watch the news (if you're a burger, although Europe is not much better). Politicians get away with a huge amount of shit purely because the average person is uninformed, apathetic and doesn't vote or participate in political organizations.
>>
>>16796980
>>16796983

I'd think my refusal to vote for anyone is the closest thing I can do to represent my view.

And say I wanted to go the whole hog to my legal extent? Any protests I make are lost in the noise of modern media and information sharing. And if I went and shot up a voting facility while screaming, "SERIOUSLY? DONALD FUCKING TRUMP? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" people would think I was the crazy one.

And frankly, I just don't care enough. I can't care enough.
>>
Not caring about politics is an act of change, not an act of 'supporting the status quo'.

90% of the people care about politics. Not caring is supporting it?... Well, ok then. Let's support it. Then no one is bad. Yay!
>>
>>16797009
Yeah because that is totally working for Mexico what with all the missing journalists and students branded criminals.

Like this guy said, >>16797010 everything is lost in the sea of shit that is social media, everyone is happy crawling in shit, so why should I even bother?
>>
>>16797010
Hey, there's nothing wrong with thinking that, but don't pretend you're some kind of rebel.

>>16797013
What are you even talking about? If you do nothing, that isn't an act of refusal to participate, you're participating already. Unless you're living like Henry David Thoreau you are paying taxes and passively supporting the government and the existing political situation. Do we think highly of the people who did nothing while the Nazis were taking over? They were all just impotent individuals too.
>>
>>16797026
Mexico is a fucking dictatorship, America and Europe are not. Quit appealing to the collective action problem, it's a self-fulfilling prophesy.
>>
>>16797041
>Mexico is a fucking dictatorship

What? Who told you this?
>>
>>16796946
You are a woman
>>
>>16797026
Hey you're free to do what you want. But imo if you're not willing to do anything then you shouldn't whine like a bitch about the way things are. You kinda lose the right to do that without looking like a tool. So keep your mouth shut.

Because your opinions are worthless if you don't act on them. Why would you share your pointless nonsense with us?
>>
>>16797030

Hey fucker. You can hate on my political apathy all you want, but don't challenge my desire to dress up like Princess Leia.
>>
>>16797046
Are you serious? The PRI stole the election, and ran the country longer than the Soviet Communist Party ran the USSR (1920s-90s). Huge amounts of election fraud, and if you criticize the government you might end up disappeared. That's not what I'd call a democracy.
>>
>>16797064
Why would you criticize the cartels?
>>
I don't care about politics either, I just take things as they come. I'm not cynical or think I'm above it all, I just simply don't care. Doesn't interest me, never will.
>>
the problem with politics is that it WILL come for you. its just a question of when it interrupts your happy little life.

It could be when your GF needs an abortion in a bible belt state.

It could be when you're in your 50s, unemployed and can't afford health insurance, so you have to pay the Obamacare tax anyways because your dipping into your IRA for short term income.

you dont have to eat, sleep, and breath it, but in a representative government, we always get the one we deserve.
>>
>>16797537
So basically "You will care about politics when you make shitty terrible decisions and need to be coddled"
>>
You are a child, that is all. You should inform people of this when relevant.
>>
you should stay informed in what's going on in politics. your choice to not vote is your choice; but just know that every trump-fucker, bernie dick-rider, and clinton crazy idiot is ready to decide what laws we all have to follow.

>inb4 redpill faggots
>inb4 your vote doesn't matter
>>
>>16797576

you will care about politics when you feel the choices you want to make in life are curtailed by the machine of government in some way.

wether you're on damage control, or doing something more generally positive doesnt matter to government.
>>
If you're from 'Murica, no, because american 'politics' are pure theatre
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.