[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, Femanon here, need some help. Have a male friend,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1451254471747.jpg (419KB, 700x417px) Image search: [Google]
1451254471747.jpg
419KB, 700x417px
Hey /adv/, Femanon here, need some help.

Have a male friend, been friends for 4 years, really close. The kind of friend you tell all your secrets to, and who tells you theirs. The two of us have always supported each other and been there for one another.

Yesterday I received a message from him, and then noticed that shortly after I read the message, he blocked my phones, my email, unfriended and ignored me on all social media, ect. He suddenly just cut me out of his life entirely.

I have no idea why. I don't understand, and can't get any real answers from him. I went to his place and banged on his door for an hour straight and he just ignored me.

The last message he sent me read:

" Anonette, I'm sorry to tell you I can't be your friend anymore. Our relationship has become taxing on me, and I'm not capable of being the friend you deserve anymore. I want you to know you've done nothing wrong. You're a wonderful person and I care about you deeply, but I can't continue to be friends with you. For both of us, I think it will be better in the long term if we stop hanging out/talking with each other. I'm sorry if your hurt by this, but it's for the best. I'm sorry I couldn't be a better friend.

Regards,
Anon

"

I don't understand. Why would a man do this? It came out of nowhere, for no reason. Hell the day before we had an amazing time together. I just don't get it.

Help?
>>
>>16796835
He likes you but he knows he will be friendzoned so he thinks it's better off to cut contact in order to move on.
>>
Might have been something traumatic that he has no idea how to deal with? I for example cut ties with freaking everything when my depression worsened, because I didn't consider myself to be worthy enough.

But that's just my assumption.
>>
>>16796839

more than likely this.

OP, did you ever get ANY sign at any point that your male friend might like you more than you like him?
>>
>>16796839
>>16796864
I concur. Odds are you prattle on about yourself and your boy problems thinking he gives a shit and all this time he's grown resentful that he is the outlet for all of your garbage, but gets none of the benefits. Platonic male/female relationships don't work unless both parties are somewhat physically repulsed by the other.
>>
>>16796864
>>16796839

If he's been interested in me at any point, he has the world's greatest poker face. I'm not a mind reader, but men tend to be at least somewhat obvious. I've never even noticed him doing as much as trying to check me out.

I'll admit, I found it weird because I never saw him dating, but according to him, his family, and his friends, he doesn't really date.

He's not autistic/socially impaired though. He's great with people, even women. Tons of friends. If he wanted he could have a girlfriend whenever he wanted to.

Also, considering how close we are, if he had developed feelings for me, I'd like to think he'd tell me. I could see why he might feel a need to break off the friendship in this case, but he's always been honest and direct until now.

Also, if he does like me, and wanted to date, I'm not entirely sure I'd say no.

>>16796893

I've rarely talk about my dating life with him. Mostly because he has a policy of not giving advice or commenting on other's religion/sex lives.
>>
>>16796893
>Platonic male/female relationships don't work unless both parties are somewhat physically repulsed by the other.

Stop ripping off Nietzsche's Human All Too Human quotes.
>>
his gf got mad jelly and issued an ultimatum
>>
>>16796951
If I did so it was entirely unintentional. If I begin to talk to horses, it also won't be a purposeful attempt to emulate Nietzcshe. Either way it's an accurate statement.

Her friend wants to have a romantic relationship and believes the feeling isn't mutual. Odds are he feels guilty thinking he is now a bad friend.
>>
It seems that your friend has some self-steem issues...

And the 'more than friends idea' from the posts above, yeah, more than likely that.

He NEVER checked you out?... I mean, NEVER?????.... That's unnatural. I have many girl friends and I check them out a lot, they are pretty and hot, I'm a man.

I'd say he knows how to hide the 'checking you out' part perfectly...
But, back to the point, I really think he's been feeling real bad about himself. This sudden departures or whatever are usually because the person thinks he doesnt deserve, or that he'll hurt the other, or himself... Either way, low self-steem.
>>
>>16796926
>Also, if he does like me, and wanted to date, I'm not entirely sure I'd say no
Did you communicate that to him? Straight out of your mouth, with no hint or mind game at all. Did you tell him that exactly word for word?
>>
Sounds like the dude is trying to dig himself out of oneitis.
>>
>>16796994
Seems so.
I know that feelin' bro.

>>16796990
Yep, communicate that to him. I wouldn't go straight forward "YES I'D DATE YOU" mode, but it might be too late to be 'not so' subtle about it but still subtle.
>>
>>16796990

No, because I'd never had a reason to. As far as I knew, and know, he doesn't date. Also, while I think he's cool and I'm really close to him, he's never really seemed interested in me. Between those two things, I never had a reason to tell him that.

In fact I'd never considered it until writing that reply in this very thread. The idea of dating him never really popped into my head. So I'd never had a reason to say as much.

On a scale from 1-10, how sure are you guys that he's doing this because he has feelings for me? If I'm going to confront him about it, I want to be as sure as possible. ( As sure as I can be with the advice of internet strangers. )
>>
>>16796994

oneitis?

>>16796988

If he has been checking me out, I never noticed it.

As for feeling bad about himself, I couldn't imagine why. He's a great person. I'm kind of upset that if he was having depression issues he didn't rely on me to help. He's helped me through lots.
>>
>>16797020
It's that or some other issue like getting addicted to drugs,anything destructive to you two.
>>
To me, it sounds like he's fallen in love with you and he feels guilty about it so he wishes to cut off contact in order to male it easier on him since he feels like he will betray your friendship by asking you to date. Either that, or he got a gf and she wanted hime to cut off contact with you. Also, another possibility is that he was servicing himself one night and you popped into his head and he liked it and now he feels guilty about servicing himself to an image in his head of one of his best friends.
>>
>>16797028
ONE-itis. It's when a man has eyes only to one girl, it makes us put the girl on a pedestal and well, you know the rest.

>>16797028
Usually the ones that are the most kind are the ones that feel most sad and suffering...
Hard to believe, but I'm one to say. I've been depressed and people would say "How? You're like... so polite, a great person, good and filled with friends".
I'm not depressed anymore, but I still feel a lot more than other people, enough to make me treat everyone with respect, including some people that others say not to deserve it.

The diagnosis is oneitis with sadness (NOT DEPRESSION, for all we know).
>>
>>16797020
>On a scale of 1-10, how sure are you guys that he's doing this because he has feelings for me?
Almost the entire thread is telling you the same thing so I think everyone is fairly confident.
>>
>>16797020
You don't "confront" based on a guess. You politely ask him if he wants to talk about it and then you politely if the reason is X or Y or Z in order to make the conversation progress.
>>
ALTERNATIVE POSSIBILITY: The friend is going through an intense phase of self-hating and thinks that OP deserve a friend who is not human scum. Possibilities include: he is an habitual liar, he is a serial murderer, he is a pedophile, he has a rape fetish, he is three dwarfs in a man suit, etc.
>>
File: shaqfuuu.png (42KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
shaqfuuu.png
42KB, 185x185px
OP I've done this very thing before. What they are saying is probably true. He has the feels but knows he wont get you.
>>
Yeah he seems to like you, if it's this bad and you've known each other for four years he might be be in love with you.
Some people can't take being around people like that they know they could never be with.
I got this oneitis thing a while back and it gave me such bad anxiety I couldn't sleep and my grades started to slip in school. the only reason it stopped was that she left the state and I had an excuse to keep contact to a minimum and forget about her.
>>
>>16797020
>>
>>16797020
OP, post an update.
Txt him or leave him a messge somehow saying that youre down to clown. I mean... Not all autistic like that but, you know, use your big word. Good luck winning your friend back and finding out what an awesome relationship is like homie!
>>
Women seem to struggle understanding this concept, so I'm gonna state it in all caps.

IF YOU ARE FRIENDS WITH A GUY FOR MORE THAN TWO MONTHS, IT IS BECAUSE HE WANTS TO BANG YOU.

There are exceptions of fucking course - this is simply a rule of thumb.
>>
You're probably on his mind quite often. Take his word for it, he truly deeply cares for you.
And as everyone above said, yes; he's got feelings for you.
>>
>>16797490
They do not struggle with it, they just happily accept the attention the guys will give them.
>>
>>16796835
Sounds like a fucking whinnybaby tbph
>>
>>16797527
bingo.
>>
>>16796926
No matter how obvious you may think people actually are, you can never read what goes on behind their eyes, the fact that this event sneaked up on you proves it to be true. So yes you aren't a mind reader, even with guys.

Also let it go, maybe he likes you maybe he hates you, it doesn't matter he clearly states he doesn't want to contact you in any way. Respect this.

>>16797020
Again it doesn't matter, you had loads of time to act on it. Let it go. If he comes back maybe there is still a chance, but that probably won't happen.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.