[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering carpentry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: carpenter.jpg (20KB, 268x208px) Image search: [Google]
carpenter.jpg
20KB, 268x208px
Should I become a carpenter? I'm looking for an easy job that feels rewarding. Carpentry seems like the kind of job that would pay my bills and that isn't very hard at the same time.
>>
>>16795396
You're just another hipster aren't you.
>>
is this a bot?

carpentry is really rough on your body as you get older, you end up with a lot of physical problems if you do it too long.
>>
>>16795405
No, it's a dumbass thats obsessed with carpentry. They will not stop shitposting in other threads either.
>>
>>16795405
How is sawing wood rough on your body?
>>
>>16795409
clearly you've never been employed as a carpenter and have never been on a construction site
>>
It isn't rocket science and yes it pays well. It isn't for everyone dispite what woodlord says.

Really any trade job pays well. But lets not get into the stress side or dreams of being whatever because we will summon that other guy too.
>>
A lot of people seem to be interested in carpentry right now! Let's check it out...

- Very strong job market. Employers are desperate for anyone with even basic carpentry skills, and will happily help you learn on the job. In some areas they'll even take on young folk with no prior knowledge or experience for paid apprenticeships.
- Solid future prospects. Carpentry is a career for life. Laugh as ever more white collar workers see their jobs disappearing to India, or even being done by computers. People are always going to need carpenters, and they're always going to have to be local.
- Pick your work type. There are part time jobs and full time jobs with full benefits going for anyone with carpentry skills, or you can work freelance at people's homes or businesses for even higher hourly rates. If you like, you can do carpentry as a hobby in time not spend on a main job, but still create beautiful woodwork and get well paid.
- The satisfaction of a job well done. Increasingly, people work in areas where it's hard to even know how what they're doing is in any way constructive, or to tell the difference between good and bad work. In carpentry, every moment that you're working you can see the solid results of the quality work you're doing, and at the end of a project you get the fulfilment of looking on your creations with pride
- Good working environment: people are happy to have found a good carpenter, and can appreciate your skills and dedication. That leads to a happy working environment and good relations with clients, managers, and other colleagues and tradesmen.
- Work life balance: when you're off the clock, you're not taking your work home with you. You'll never get work emails and calls to deal with on evenings and weekends, so you can enjoy your time off with friends and family.
- Studies show that working with your hands is better for your physical and mental health than sedentary and computer-based jobs, or indoor environments such as retail.
>>
File: carpentry1.jpg (218KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
carpentry1.jpg
218KB, 540x360px
>>16795439
Construction carpentry and framing carpentry are certainly great areas to work in, but talented woodworkers can fill a vast range of other niches. Are you trying to tell me fine cabinet making is a tough physical occupation? A lot of guys learn the skills of carpentry in the construction industry, and then progress to management and training roles or finer work, leveraging their abilities in a very mild workshop setting.
>>
>>16795409
lifting heavy shit all day
still have to work in baking sun
have to work in awkward positions
high potential for injuring your hand
almost everything you do is physically demanding
now do that for 5 days or more per week for 40 years
>derp

im not even a carpenter and i know this shit. its common sense
>>
>>16795800
>Claims knowledge of carpentry working conditions
>Openly admits to not being a carpenter

Troll harder.
>>
>>16795806
meh

i just find it hard to believe someone with a brain couldnt think of these things on their own when asking themselves if it's hard to be a carpenter

plus my uncle is one, this is some of the things ive heard

was i wrong about anything i said?
>>
>>16795806
Go talk to carpenters you dimwit
>>
I hate this forced meme
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.