[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying new guitar, help me, fellow guitarists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So I want to buy this bad boy for 330 euros.It's a Jackson KVXT with a hard case and they look like this.
Is it worth the price? When I come to check it out, what should I look for apart good feel?
Also it's rare to find a Jackson guitar in my country so it might be a good chance to get it.
>>
>>16795169

Depends on what you're using it for? Personally, I know jackshit about what makes a good guitar - still playing the busted Tagima I bought back in highschool, matter of fact.

Anyway, bumping the thread for interest. To throw my 2 cents, I've played a floating-bridge Jackson at a friend's house once - it was pretty cool guitar but it untuned quite a bit if you were too rough at the whammy.
>>
>>16795169
Tremolo? Get something with a fixed bridge. Tremolos are just a pain in the ass.

Work out your price range and do some homework.
I bought a Vintage V100 like 7 years ago and recently had the heads replaced. Guy who did it said it sounded great, which is a strong compliment when you consider the guy has like $5k worth of guitars and I paid less than 300 for mine.
>>
>>16795169
Honestly, Jackson guitars are shit. But if it's something you really want due to its rarity where you are, go for it. But don't expect the quality to be good.
>>
>>16795169
DESU I bought my only guitar (Washburn WI64) a few years ago second-hand for ~400 euros, and still the only difference between it and other guitars for me is that I'm used to it.
There are plenty of great guitars out there, but my Washburn is the only thing I need.

That being said, avoid tremolos. They're a neat trick, but it isn't worth all the trouble setting it up.

So my advice is buy a Washburn (preferably Idol series, but with every series its what-you-pay-is-what-you-get) - they are versatile, pretty nice sounding, they got a twang, they got a smooth tone if you need them, and they can be hell aggressive.

I recorded this album with my Washburn WI64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2sGSw1ng5A
>>
>>16795692
What the fuck.
I never type desu.
Fuck 4chan filters
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.