[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this guy in school called me a racist fucktard in front of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: wxnjuea0.gif (2MB, 304x201px) Image search: [Google]
wxnjuea0.gif
2MB, 304x201px
So this guy in school called me a racist fucktard in front of a 35 people class.

We were discussing the refugee crisis and I had said: "I think we should reduce the amount of refugees we take because we already lack jobs and even apartments. I think the refugees would be mostly a burden to us". He stood up and said "that was an incredibly stupid thing to say in this situation, no need to be a racist".
After class I went ahead and talked to him. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Hay I just wanted to ask, what exactly did I do to make you react like that"
Him: "That was just pretty racist what you said"
Me: "How was it racist? What did I say wrong?"
Him: "It's pretty racist to say that all refugees suck and are just a burden to us"
Me: "I definitely didn't say that all refugees suck or are burden, but I said that averagely the refugee end up being more of a burden to us since we don't even have enough jobs or apartments for our own people."
Him: "Dude just don't apologize me, I'm not a refugee"
Me: "I'm not apologizing anyone, I just wanted to ask you how was I a racist. I tried to think of my words from a neutral point of view but I still couldn't see how was I a racist. I think it was pretty unfair that you called me a racist in front of the whole class"
Him: "dude I don't want to talk about this anymore"
The he left

I asked a bunch of people who were in the same class with me, if they thought what I said was racist, and they all said no, and were on my side. I still feel kinda bad, and I don't know if I'm just paranoid, but it feels like I'm getting dirty looks from people.

Was what I said really racist? Should I feel bad or was the guy just being a douche who I should forget about? I just can't get this conflict off my mind and I somehow still feel bad even though I don't feel like I did anything wrong.

Gif unrelated
>>
No, now drop it.
>>
>>16795076
Why do you believe they way you do? If you have a solid belief in what you feel/think then there's no need to apologize. If you can back up your points then, again, no need to apologize.
>>
Another refugee from /pol, do you get shot down because of your flag?
>>
Bernie voter here. No, what you said wasn't racist. Liberals aren't immune to stupidity, we just have less of it.

Refugees are a burden, otherwise they'd be expatriates. Economically it doesn't make sense to allow them citizenship or asylum. Ethically is another story though.
>>
>>16795076
>they didn't agree with me so they're racist bigots
This is how Liberals think. You're in school (probably not a private one) so you're surrounded by them. Also don't listen to that other dumb fuck berniefag, it's less morally wrong to protect your citizens than it is to let a bunch of "refugees" fuck over the economy and bring their super tolerant culture with them. You just need to look at what's going on in Germany to understand how much suffering migrants bring.
>>
>>16795076
>Was what I said really racist?
No, the dude in question is an idiot. Forget about it.
>>
what you said would seem to be applicable to refugees of any race, whether syrian or african or icelandic. the burden is not as a result of their racial status, but from their status as refugee.

verdict = not racist
>>
>>16795213
Would you marry the average Kurdish or Afghan women?
>ooooo you're racist too
>>
Had the same bullshit happen in a Migration law course but he implied I wanted a "final solution" and that I was a right-wing nazi.

Don't worry about it, when you put forward a calm balanced open statement and then some lefty fuck tries ram down his shit down your throat they come off as completely unhinged, and most of my class (whom are leftist) saw it as such.

Don't worry about it, I feel as though your bristling from the public stigma of being called a racist. No one saw it as such, these loudmouths don't represent the average college student in their vitriol.
>>
>>16795213
>bring their super tolerant culture with them.
Refugees do not bring a super tolerant culture with them, if that's what you meant to say. They bring all their own biases with them. That doesn't change just because they were forced to move geographically.
>>
>>16795315
It was sarcasm. What liberals don't fucking realize is that they're trying to bring in a bunch of Muslims who are basically bound by their religion to remove all those nice women/gay liberties that the liberals fought for. Or maybe they do realize and they're just trying to turn themselves into victims so they can bitch about oppression, I have no fucking idea.
>>
I don't understand why your professor or tutor didn't step in
>>
>>16795076
Jobs and housing opportunities are created by people. People start businesses that employ other people. People develop land to sell or rent to other people. So it's not necessarily true that 'more people' means 'less jobs and housing', which appears to be the basis of your argument.
But that would be true if you think that the people in question are incapable of contributing to society and 'would be mostly a burden', which implies that you consider those people to be of less value to society than other groups of people. Some groups of people provide jobs and housing, but you think that refugees would not, they would only take up those resources.
The reason for that distinction may or may not be race. But you should realise that there are a lot of people who hold the same view as you at least partly for racist reasons. The specific thing you said isn't racist, but his reaction certainly wasn't completely random.
>>
Fight or flight? He didn't have a lot of valid reasons for you to be deemed a racist. Lol ignore that clown, anon.
>>
>>16795076
Saged for bait
>>
>oh no someone else has a different idea than me

Get over it you petty weak insecure ugly bitch
>>
Having an opinion doesn't make you racist. Anyone that pulls the racist card are not worth your time and effort talking to that person. Just ignore him anon. He sounds like a salty cunt.
>>
>>16795076
No its ignorant though.
Prepare to be remembered as the racist faggot with no ability to care for people in need.
>>
File: 1450938479594.jpg (149KB, 695x695px) Image search: [Google]
1450938479594.jpg
149KB, 695x695px
>>16796426
>Gangs of young rapists who left their children at home to exploit the generosity of europeans
>people in need

PICK ONE BOY
>>
>>16796456
>79 likes.

What the fuck.

I can't tell whether to laugh or cringe.
>>
>>16795076
>Him: "dude I don't want to talk about this anymore"
The go to reply for when someone doesn't have a logical response and is going off of emotion. My girlfriend says it quite often with politics.
>>
File: 5daa9c21679e453cf1ff740bd2de3a44.jpg (246KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
5daa9c21679e453cf1ff740bd2de3a44.jpg
246KB, 1024x512px
>>16796579
It's okay bud they made up.

Also this was a global meme for like a week.
>>
>>16795076
>Was what I said really racist? Should I feel bad or was the guy just being a douche who I should forget about? I just can't get this conflict off my mind and I somehow still feel bad even though I don't feel like I did anything wrong.

That guy was an asshole. If you don't stand up for yourself, people like him will trample all over you. There are always people like him, people who hate you solely because you disagree with them, not whether or not you have a good argument. Trying to reason with these emotionally-driven people is pointless because as soon as you open your mouth, they'll get angry. They don't think, they only feel.
>>
>>16797005
>Also this was a global meme for like a week.

what the fuck man.jpg
>>
Are you Swedish?
>>
That's not racist, you weren't denying refugees because of their race but because of the alleged burden they'd create. You might as well get called racist for saying you don't want to invite a homeless guy to crash on your couch.
It sounds like he's just a bleeding heart who doesn't actually know what he's talking about and hides behind emotional arguments because of a vague sense of right and wrong.

That said, in the long run taking in refugees can actually boost an economy. The people who are capable to flee to another country are usually the ones together enough that they're able to start up small businesses and actually CREATE jobs. The reason refugees are stereotyped in shitty jobs like cleaning and burger flipping is because their qualifications are rarely recognised and language can be a big barrier, etc. But in reality, they often contribute a lot more than meets the eye.
So that it's less like letting a homeless man sleep on your couch and more like splitting the rent and chores with a room mate.

I don't have hard numbers or anything though, just something I've come across that you might find interesting to look up and hear in more detail from smarter people.
>>
>>16795553

Underrated post
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.