[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As an A level student, would it be recommended to take the SAT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (269KB, 1600x1456px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269KB, 1600x1456px
As an A level student, would it be recommended to take the SAT or the ACT, because my A levels is coming up very soon, like right round the corner, and I want to take a test to open my options,
Currently, my subjects are
Further Maths
Maths
English
Economics
Physics
Chemistry
Hoping to at least land in engineering for Berkeley or Physics in Uchicago. Thanks for your feedback!
>>
>>16795001
Bump
>>
>>16795001
Bump again
>>
>>16795001
>A level student
>A levels is coming up soon
>Further Maths
You have some explaining to do. What American high school does this?
>>
>>16795146
Agreed. Feels like OP is coming from out of country into the US.

If that's the case OP, I'd go for the SAT, unless ACT has significantly increased in importance in the past few years
>>
>>16795150
OP here, as of now, i'm thinking of taking the ACT, because honestly, the Science and Maths section benefits me, because its not tricky redundantly phrased shit in the SAT that fucks you over, personally that's how i feel, if i were abit younger and dealing with easy tricky algebra then could be the SAT, idk, personally i did some practice tests, i did like shit, even for the math section, even though my A level math so far is quite top tier. Would like to hear your thoughts
>>
>>16795211
Sure, SAT is more heavily-geared towards reading/writing anyway.

Consider taking both just in case, just make sure the colleges you're applying to accept the ACT and you should be golden.

Good luck!
>>
>>16795150
Btw from what i heard, ACT is seen equally to SAT now.
>>
>>16795225
Yea, i took one SAT and fucked it up, apparently came back from break and flipped to the wrong section and started doing, had to erase all that shit in the Math section and had like half the time cut on the CR section, ended up with 500+, never again, i remember my hand hurt from writing repeatedly for 25 minutes
>>
>>16795146
>>16795150
W have a qualification in the UK called "A Level". It stands for advanced level, a two year course that you do from the age of 16 - 18 in preperation for university. Not sure if that's what OP is talking about though, as he lists six subjects. The norm for state schools is to do 2-2½. I attended a £30,000 a year public school where most pupils did 3-3½. My older brother did 4, but to secure that our parents had to sign a contract agreeing that they'd reimburse the school the cost of the exams themselves and the wasted tuition time if he flunked them, as they considered 4 to be too much workload, even for one of their brightest pupils. He made it, but only just, and seeing the pressure it put him under I opted to take 3½. You can't do more then 4 at a state school because there isn't enough time in a week to attend all of the classes. 5 A Levels is child prodigy territory, 6 in two years is fairytale land.
>>
>>16795270
Its Singapore-Cambridge exams, its meant to be harder than Brit-Bong A level after all.
>>
>>16795279
We do it in 2 years as well, 16-18
>>
>>16795211
I took the ACT and it was fairly easy. Really the only thing I had trouble with was the fact that it was timed. Never took the SAT. But I guess none of this is really valid considering I never went to college...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.