[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who absolutely can't stand when people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1449436238984.jpg (97KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1449436238984.jpg
97KB, 500x375px
Am I the only one who absolutely can't stand when people talk to me when I'm busy doing something?

I usually view everything I do as a task. That task could be getting ready in the morning to leave at a certain time to make it to work at a certain time, or watching a show or tv, or finishing my meal, or trying to clean my place, drawing an illustration, looking around for something, etc. I am not satisfied until that "task" is finished. So when someone comes in while I'm doing something like "want to hear what happened today?" or "can I show you something?" or just any kind of interrupting whatsoever I freak the fuck out because it ruins my train of thought.

The worst time is when you to don't want to come off as an asshole to the person interrupting you, but you are screaming inside.

What is wrong with me? Is this because I'm super introverted? Just when I want to do a task, I want to be alone and not bothered. I find myself always closing the door just so I can get the things I need done but then I'm seen as "rude" or a hermit.

I just feel like I'm constantly on a time limit for anything I do and can't have any distraction or I won't finish that certain task on time.
>>
I can sort of get where you're coming from. A friend and I planned on checking out phones since she was long due an upgrade. Somehow she changed it to a general window shopping day! It was irritating.

Usually I go buy my stuff by myself and not invite people out since I most of the time find the detours a bore. And the side trips I do are between after I finish my main business and getting home.

There's nothing I came advise you on, I just thought I could let out some steam.
>>
>>16794611
Your thinking is a bit extreme but well within the bounds of normal.

But consider this - shouldn't sustaining friendships, relating to family and interacting socially also be important 'tasks' for you? Sometimes they can be more important than the task at hand, and worth putting it aside for.
>>
Op you just have a hard time switching gears. My husband is the same way. He gets frustrated easily if you interrupt him. He is better now that I pointed it out to him and he is aware of it. In general; keeping his frustration level low helps, as does working on his temper. It's just going to take practice to get better and more tolerant.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.