[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm turning 30 years old soon and have lived a pretty fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1333508687783.jpg (159KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
1333508687783.jpg
159KB, 500x314px
I'm turning 30 years old soon and have lived a pretty fucking boring life. Was a straight-A nerd at school, got my master's degree...and I've been working in the same retail store for almost 10 years. I get up, work for 8-10 hours, go home and just think about how shitty my existence is before I go to sleep and get up at 5am to repeat 6 days a week.

I want to live for once. Anyone got any ideas or advice for something crazy/exciting to do before I turn 30? Or what would you do before you turned a milestone age? (Or what you did?)
>>
>>16793359
the biggest thing about milestone birthdays is they just make you feel like you need to do something spectacular. you know what's going to happen, you're going to wake up on your birthday and feel the same as ever have, with the shitty caveat that you have to tell people you're 30 now.

I don't really have much advice other than to not do something incredibly stupid just because yolo

like all the 21 year olds that take 21 shots on their birthday and die the following morning
>>
>as a straight-A nerd at school, got my master's degree
>working retail
wtf are you doing. What did you go to school for??
For fun though, go to a music festival? Do drugs and dance with girls. Idk I'm 20 and that's pretty fun for me.
>>
>as a straight-A nerd at school, got my master's degree
>working retail

This doesn't add up. Also, 30 is just a number. You're only "old" if you don't stay in shape.
>>
>>16793359
It all comes back to what your interested in anon what sort of crazy experience do you want to have? a lot of people feel they need to dive into debauchary to feel alive but all then end up with is a hangover and if your "lucky" some borderline regrettable sex. Aside from that there is travel but its a bit of a meme depending on you do it. also whats with the masters degree in retail
>>
Go back to school, get a new degree. I went back to get an MBA when I was 30 and changed careers as a result.
>>
>>16793359
Save money and travel somewhere. It looks like you don't know what you like do to as hobbies. Traveling is a great way to get to know yourself and you also get to see cultures that are so different from yours. You can also go to your local community college and take random classes that might spark your interest. Community colleges are very cheap compared to universities so it's a great way to get started!
Maybe you can also make a list of small things you like to do. Do you like to budget your money and keep track of your expenses? Then accounting might be for you! Do you like walking from place to place? You can take jogging and hiking as a hobby? Do you like cooking, drawing?
Do numbers interest you or English?
There also also lists of hobbies, sports, careerpaths on the internet. They also have free career tests you can take. Good luck, OP!
When you find a hobby you like, you can join organizations that are dedicated to that particular hobby and make friends. Then you can go out, party, meet new people.
>>
>>16793359
MBA on what?
>>
File: IMG00007_1.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG00007_1.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
>>16795170
agreed.. not sure where you are from.. but i had a similar situation.. its just chronic boredom..

i went back to college and took a course in how to fix yacht engines.. skipped straight to the second year because i am not a potato and have been being paid to sail round the world ever since.. just an example but there are soo many jobs out there involving travel.. just go look on seasonworkers dot com or something alike.. get out and live it.. best decision i ever made.. pic very related
>>
>>16795668

pic for ants very related haha.. try this one
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.