Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2
Post No. 16793070
I need help choosing my University.
A little backstory: Friendless 20 year old community college student.
Kings college London
• Fresh start, the freshman experience that never was.
o Easier to make friends than a 2 year transfer
o Wont be completely overwhelmed by jumping into a program on year 3
• 16th best neuroscience program in the world
• Well known worldwide
• Its in fucking London!
• More ‘serious’ atmosphere.
• Price, nearly x3 as much as Davis
• Stigma as a Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, and UCL reject school.
• Its in London – If Im not having a good time, im stuck there for 3 years
a. I’ve spent a few weeks in London, but I don’t know it very well.
• Fresh start – Extra year compared to Davis (3v2)
• ANOTHER extra year if I decide to go to medical school in the united states (1 year extra post-bacc for pre-req). I don’t know how likely this is at the moment
• Small town feel
• School very campus oriented (Compared to Community College)
• Substantially less expensive
• Closer to home
• Only 2 years (Fingers crossed) to degree
• Doesn’t even offer a neuroscience BSc. Neurobiology and Psychology is the closest.
• Neuroscience dept. 56th in world
• No name recognition outside California
• Less serious and formal, more laidback (Purely subjective, but I prefer serious)
• Its in Davis, - I’m already bored in San Diego