[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help -- drug addiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: troof.jpg (428KB, 1398x997px) Image search: [Google]
troof.jpg
428KB, 1398x997px
/adv/

I usually lurk on this board but today I need genuine, legitimate advice.

My father has been a drug addict (opiates) for many years. Recently, over the last couple of years it has become progressively worse.

In the last couple of months it has become unbearable for the family and it continues to destroy his health (hes 65).

Anyways, hes a respected professional so Im afraid to do anything that would effect him professionally (especially considering how fucked up things are for my family at the moment). Hes middle eastern so he would not be open to the idea of rehab or an intervention or anything.

He used to do it in the house, but he has recently moved all the "hard" drug out (though my family believes that he contiues to use them).

Any suggestions? anyone been through something similar?

>mfw I saw my dad's death coming and did nothing but stand idle
>>
>>16792879
bump

also I should state that he can be a HUGE liar about these things and is difficult to talk to in general (because of how moody he is)

ALSO

I should say that he is BIPOLAR though he is taking his medication to the best of my knowledge (wellbuitrin??)

If I would ask him about it he would say that this is all a symptom of his depression and it is long in his past

any advice??
>>
>>16792879
>>16792888

Anyone here!?!?!
>>
>>16792879
>>16792888
Is he Afghan by any chance?
>>
Look, there is nothing you can do. With an addict all you can do is threaten to cut contact if they don't get help, even then they're not going to get help unless they are ready to do so, and if he isn't ever going to want to get legit help, then just start collecting money for the funeral and pray that he gets arrested first.
>>
>>16792948
>close
>he's persian/iraqi
>>
>>16792953

Is it really that hopeless??

How can i convince him to help himself? Hes not a dumb man... I think he is aware of the danger he is doing and how hes self medicating and shit

does this stuff ever work out without some sort of tragedy?

I keep trying to distance myself (move out, stop talking to them, etc) but i fear for my mother and youngr brother and my grampa encourages me to stay connected
>>
>>16792964
I've read about the big problems of opium addiction in Iran and Afghanistan.

Whereabouts in the world are you?

I'd suggest prayer always, I shall say a prayer for you tonight. Is your father religious? If he is then you could remind him of some prayers or passages of the Bible or Koran for example (depending on his religion)

I'm sorry I can't really think of anything else as I don't have any experience with this thing. Try speaking to him and asking him if he wants to speak to you about his problems
>>
>>16792974
Im in los angeles

My father is not religious at all

Thank you for your prayers, they are greatly appreciated
>>
>>16792978
Tehrangeles?

Fuck man LA seems like it fucks ups a lot of people. Seemes like a really messed up place
>>
>>16792994
Yeah Tehrangeles

Honestly has nothing to do with the city and everything to do with my fucked up dad

frankly i love LA
>>
anyone else have anything else to say?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.