[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being a state trooper a good job? Of not, what are some good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: parade10.jpg (174KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
parade10.jpg
174KB, 1024x768px
Is being a state trooper a good job? Of not, what are some good government jobs that pay well and aren't total BS? I want to do CIA but obviously I'm not guaranteed to get in.
>>
try firefighting in cities; overtime, comfortable lifestyle, less bullshit, and generous shift work. being a cop gets a lot of hate nowadays, while a firefighter get nothing but praise.
>>
>>16792516
What's the normal salary for that? I'm also not the most fit person (not fat, skeleton man), so I would have to go though a lot of exercising first I'm sure.
>>
it varies heavily based on cities/towns. google the city you plan for.
>>
>>16792550
I'm in Pennsylvania and it doesn't seem all bad, but I still wouldn't know what it's like firsthand.
>>
Being a complete asshole is a requirement for being a state trooper, so if you already are an asshole then you should take to the job quite well I think.
>>
>>16792605
Any suggestions for other jobs then? I'm currently majoring in German and International Affairs.
>>
>>16792637

9 to 24 months in a tech school will generally get you a job for you state's DOT as a mechanic of some type or another. Salaries average out to $60k/yr, with step increases etc. you'll pull in approx $76k/yr after about 5 years. If you live in a real city, mechanics and techs for police and fire generally rake in about $40/hr on a 37.5 hr week.

These are almost all union jobs, so you really can't get fired after you pass probation (6mos-1yr), and you have decent health care, vacation, etc etc etc. The negative is that you'll be paying dues (which isn't that bad), and you will have to deal with union politics (can be a massive ass pain).

After about 5 years of doing this, you'll have a decent resume and some savings. You can either stick it out with your union and public service job, or you can venture out into the private sector. An equivalent private sector job IF you have a decent resume which demonstrates progressive levels of responsibility will pay about mid to high six figures. But, if the economy tanks you may get laid off.

That's one way to go about things, anon. The guys in the field get paid a little more, but you will some get OT (just not quite as much). Good luck.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.