[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i fall asleep easily? >inb4 4-7-8 method

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1455129584835.jpg (365KB, 2464x1648px) Image search: [Google]
1455129584835.jpg
365KB, 2464x1648px
How can i fall asleep easily?
>inb4 4-7-8 method
>>
>>16791609

not sure what the 4-7-8 method is.

as for falling asleep, humans are diverse, so there are a variety of ways. it really comes down to you.

how is your sleeping situation at the moment? is your bed comfortable? or are you justd used to it? i didnt realize how awful my bed was til i slept at my friends house in his bed. slept through the entire night without waking up. didnt wake up sore.

in addition to that
>what noises are keeping you up?
>what lights
>what temperatures?
etc.

some people like to listen to a radio play. some a song. some an audio book. some a sitcom. some hypnosis. some white noise. some nothing. me, i cycle through all these cuz different things will do the trick in phases. find what works for you. switch it up when it doesn't. though most people respond well to absolute silence, some people have really intense minds that wont stop thinking and worrying. stories distract from that.

how is the light? do you leave a computer on? does it flash lights? TV? cell phone? windows? light is perhaps the hardest thing to fall asleep with, even a small tiny red dot or th red lights of your alarm clock. my advice? get rid of it all. put everything on surge protectors and turn them all off before bed. maybe put your cell phone jut outside your door wiht an alarm to go off in the morning. some evidence suggests that just having things powered on in your room can interfere with your sleep in some stupid scientific way.

>temperature

most people dont realize this, but its eaiser to fall asleep in the cold. i dunno why, i think it ssomething about how when you sleep your body temperature naturally lowers itself. maybe its the other way around? idk. but if its too hot its hard to fall asleep. consider turning on your air conditioner or buying one, or not having the heat on too high in the winter. cover yourself in blankets to get warm, but the colder it is the easier it is to fall under.
>>
>>16791609
>>16791646

finally

>stress

the hardest way to fall asleep is when you left something unfinished. i would be up til 2 am having trouvle sleeping cuz i didnt do my homework. in my junior year i developed a work ethic and this changed my life drastically. but i stil had some trouble.

i found that if the night before i laid out my exact outfit, had my bag already packed, etc. then literally all i had to do was wake up, put on clothes, brush teeth/hair and go to work. stress free. leaving things laying around and having to do extra work in the morning sends you to bed thinking about it.

as for the things that simply CANT be finished, make a list the night before. writing down what oyu need to do tomorrow organizes it in a way your brain simply couldn't on its own. you go to bed feeling relaxed that you know what to do instead of worrying about what you might forget.
>>
>>16791609

I do heavy cardio before going to sleep. It works very well for me.
>>
>>16791609
I realized I had to stop coffee entirely.
>>
Reduce the amount of blue uv light before you sleep. This is produced by most TV screens and monitors. For late night browsing before bed best to install f.lux to more easily get tired.
>>
>>16791658
This. Or just start doing carpentry and and after a while of hard work you'll feel tired and proud at the same time.
>>
>>16791762
>f.lux

just installed this, my eyes say thanks anon
>>
>>16791762
Thanks anon!
>>
>>16791762
op here i already use flux on 1200k
>>
take a warm shower before going to sleep, it helps relax
>>
I take melatonin before bed on nights where I feel like I'm not tired enough to sleep.

You can buy it at any drug store. I would recommend 3-5 MG max.

Some people only need 1-1.5 MG. I prefer 3 MG. It knocks me out and I have intense dreams.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.