[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Part Time Working vs Full Time Working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1438187946033.jpg (65KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
1438187946033.jpg
65KB, 300x275px
I've been getting myself together and out there looking for working but with some finding help but I'm running into a bit of a concern not with them but in my options. I was wanting to start with part time and maybe move to full later as that would be the best way to adjust from never having a real job before. But then they currently do have a hard time finding me stuff that is part time and did mention lately a full time one (but i probably wouldn't take this exact one it's full time at night), but I do not think I am in a position yet to be able to handle full time especially with my lack of experience and things like that. Guess the best equivalent is you know easing yourself into some water vs jumping into the deep end probably not prepared for it?
But then I get pressure from parents that I keep being too picky and things like that.
Am I really thinking this the right way or am I just being picky still? I wanna work and not just be a loser but I want it to fit me best. I have made some progress just it's really hard to show it sometimes or that it's just so slow.
>>
>>16791380
Cart before the horse anon.

Worry about finding a job before you worry about hours and let your financial need dictate how many hours you try to work.
>>
Look at it this way: there's a lot of people out there that work part time and would kill for full time but can't find anything. I'd say go with full time. If you don't like it, stick with it for as long as you can while you look for something else. It depends obviously on what kind of job, but full time isn't that difficult to deal with. You might even like it, who knows
>>
>>16791380

>am i being too picky

yes

>it would be the best way to adjust

in what sense? so you can slowly get over the fact that you cant stare at your ceiling and play video games all day?

you're being really entitled right now anon. the world doesn't care if you aren't 'experienced' enough to handle full time, which isnt a thing btw. either you can handle the job or not, 6 vs. 8 hours isnt a thing.

>but i want it to fit me best

the world doesn't care. the world has its own businesses to run and things to do and doesn't care if ur scared of working an extra few hours a day then you'd like to.

you go out, you get a job, you show up, and that becomes your life. its no different than when you started going to school. the world cannot coddle you and say 'oh well here is part time if you want to go full time later its all up to you!'

the reason most places offer part time is because they dont want to pay for full time benefits. if you find a job offering full time, you take it. cuz tthats going to pay well and treat you well. if you dont like the job you start looking for a new job in your OFF time, you do not quit while at the job. you trade up when you find the right one.
>>
>>16791490
That's another why I figure that part time is fine for now I don't have concerns about 401ks , insurance and other benefits packages, and I'm okay with that and the lower amount of money because I'm just starting.
>>16791500
Oh I understand that lots of people on part would love a full (and that would be me later on in the process) but then I'm not doing anything it seems like skipping a step in a sense. I just figure part time is the better way to start.
>>
>>16791508
>in what sense?
Adjust and get better at working. I have no job experience it's not about being entitled. I'm not good enough yet
>the world doesn't care.
They care if they end up firing me and having it been a complete waste of time on there part to give me a chance. Benefits isn't important yet.
>>
>>16791508
Oh and if they didn't care about job experience they wouldn't filter people out of job applications for that reason.
>>
>>16791529

ur either good enough to work and learn, or you are not. fewer hours doesn't change that.

doing the same thing for 4 hours and 8 hours does not take difference based on experience. its the same job, just for longer times.

you are being entitled.

>>16791536

you are misunderstanding what experience means. you can either do a job or you cant. even if you are new, you can either learn it, or you can't. if you CAN learn it it doesnt matter if you are doing it for 4 hours a day or 8. it doesn't. its the same job no matter how long ur doing it.

if ur being offered a job you take it.
>>
>>16791529

>they care if they end up firing me

you wont get fired for working full time. you etiher know how to do the job or you dont

>BUT I DONT

then you learn. learning for 4 hours or 8 hours doesnt change anything. my first shift was 12 fucking hours.
>>
>>16791539
No places won't even ask for an interview many times if they see on your resume that you never had a job before or that you are currently unemployed that is a real thing.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141011060029-52594--if-you-re-not-working-we-won-t-hire-you
>>16791544
I didn't said that I said I said they'll fire me for being shit at it . Mentally I just don't think I can handle full time pressure and things yet. They always just want such perfect employees.
>>
>>16791577
And by mental I mean things like socially and anxiety related. Less time gives me more room to adjust to it.
>>
>>16791577

>they wont hire you if you are currently unemployed

if that was true no one would ever have a job. also has nothing to do with what i said.

when it comes to YOU. you either can work. or you cant. working for just 4 hours doesn't make a difference.

you do not suddenly become WORSE at telemarketing after the 4 hour point. you dont. its not how it works. more xhaustive jobs may wipe you out, like physical labor, but its still better to just take what you can get.

you came here, you asked for advice, and we gave it. if you want to argue against the advice, just go talk to your parents.

if you can find full time work, take it. if not, take part time.
>>
>>16791597
It's not aruging sorry I have had the job finding place apply and stuff for me just no luck within this time both when I was trying by myself and not really gets me upset. Nothing has come up and then there's even if they would accept me after interviewing me. So much is against me finally being more productive.
>>
>>16791597
Also I don't believe I'm good enough to qualify for most full time anyway. There's other experience they always want too. College was really bad at helping with a lot of this.
>>
>>16791597
Oh and it's not about job performing it's about my mental state.
>>
>>16791613

>I'm not arguing

except for how you literally are.

>>16791624

>its not about job performing its about my mental state

the world does not care about your mental state. the world does not coddle. the world may not be hostile, but it is definitely indifferent. no one want to hire someone who says 'oh i can only work four hours, cuz i dont think my mental state could handle a full time job yet'.

no. thats the most infantile approach to life you can have. get a real job
>>
>>16791628
But I'm not asking them "oh can i only work for blah blah blah" if they aren't offering it. I really don't think you know what it's like to have anxiety and other issues. I'm not asking any company people to change anything it's about me being able to do it without it being an issue and overtime getting better personally . It's about how to easy myself (not them) into it . Like I said it's like the water metaphore. Throwing myself in a really deep pool unprepared vs easing myself into the deep pool over at the shallow end and being comfortable there.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.