[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mom threatens to have me committed to a mental institution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 347534987103459862985029547.jpg (2MB, 2123x1414px) Image search: [Google]
347534987103459862985029547.jpg
2MB, 2123x1414px
My mom has been threatening to have me committed since I was a kid. I have depressive traits and have since I was like 10.

The other day I had an exam the next day and I needed to stay up to study. I have really bad sleep habits already, like I'll go to sleep at 4pm sometimes, but I had a valid reason to be staying up that night. My mom starts saying that she'll have me committed for my crazy behavior. I say I'm going to study whether she wants me to or not, that I'm over 18 so she can't commit me anymore.

So she says my dad will sleep on the floor next to my bed. I think this is a guilt trip since I don't want to inconvenience my dad. We argue until like 1am over this, eventually they go to bed. But then I hear snoring and my dad is forced to sleep right outside my door, on a small inflatable mattress.

I was only able to tell someone about this for the first time then, and they were pretty shocked, like "they can't do that, they can't commit you??". That's what I've been saying for years (alone), all I could do was laugh like a crazy person when talking to them about this.

Moving out is the obvious next plan, but is this normal, or is it abnormal? I have hundreds of these incidents and I'm constantly wondering, is it normal, is there something wrong with this. They're also always accusing me of having an eating disorder, of having sick ulterior motives, and things like that.
>>
>>16791160
are you in high school?
>>
>>16791166
I'm in my first year of University
>>
Sorry but i didnĀ“t get it. You are considered "crazy" bcs you sleep during the day sometimes?
>>
>>16791211
She comes home pretty often around 4pm to me sleeping and it makes her angry and it turns into a shouting match. She says I'm a lunatic because of depression symptoms, I didn't go to any school dances growing up and didn't have any friends. There are constant arguments in my family.

But the arguments are usually sparked by dumb small things, like when I was 16 they were setting up lights in my room. One arrived before the other and I asked if they could wait for the second one to arrive before doing the drilling and setup for the second one. It took a long time and they'd already spent an hour drilling (loud) that day and my room smelled really sweaty from the work. Because I didn't want them to do it it turned into an argument from her about how I'm lazy, don't do anything, am negative, and they say it's no wonder I have no friends, "why would anyone want to hang out with you?" and threats of being put in a mental institution.
>>
>>16791268
>She comes home pretty often around 4pm to me sleeping and it makes her angry and it turns into a shouting match.

Your mom is fucking crazy.

>Because I didn't want them to do it it turned into an argument from her about how I'm lazy, don't do anything, am negative, and they say it's no wonder I have no friends, "why would anyone want to hang out with you?" and threats of being put in a mental institution.

Shes also an asshole as well

The fuck op? Does your dad play any role in this?
>>
>>16791268
>>16791160

a) Your mother is batshit crazy and your father is robot9000 style beta faggot (Why would he sleep on the flor wtf...) so you are quite damaged from them as a result, but they are in the wrong and they absolutely cannot have you committed for sleeping (????), they can make you move out since you are adult tho.

b) there is something you are totally not telling us

c) [my favorite] underwater weighting test
>>
>>16791277
She's like this to him too. When my grandma died she yelled at him the morning of the funeral for wanting to carry his mom's casket because then he'd sit in another part of the church and wouldn't sit with her, which she saw as a betrayal. She said his mom didn't care about him and he was completely broken.

It started because I woke her up like an hour before she wanted to get up so she was in a bad mood, and said she wasn't going to take me to buy formal wear like she'd promised (I had none), that I'd have to wear jeans and a sweater. She's great in a lot of ways but she can be really crazy over really minor things.

>>16791281
Care to elaborate on b and c?
>>
Get your mom committed. Its the only logical solution.
>>
I think you would get along with your parents better if you took up a productive hobby, like carpentry.
>>
>>16791369
why are you on 4chan instead of doing carpentry?
>>
>>16791335
She's really good at pretending to be the only normal person in our family.
>>
>>16791412
is it legal to videotape people without their consent where you live? if so, record her being unreasonable.

I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I have an mmo friend who is 30 and still under the thumb of his crazy parents because he's geographically isolated and can't get help for his mental problems on his own, and they won't help him do any of the shit he needs to get on his feet because they're taking his welfare checks. if he turns them in he'll be homeless. he could bite the bullet and do it anyway, but the poor guy is such a dishrag by now, idk if he could even deal with living rough.

anyway, don't end up like that OP. do whatever you have to in order to get away from her. she sounds toxic.
>>
>>16791432
I mostly write things down, I wouldn't want to humiliate her, I just want her to stop humiliating me.
>>
Maybe she's projecting on you? Maybe she's the one who's depressed. That and crazy.
>>
>>16791739
She has mood problems for sure and I think she's pretty ashamed of it so that could be it.
>>
>>16791281

underwater weighting test?
>>
I don't think anyone is going to commit you to a psych institution for not sleeping enough. You have to be considered harmful to yourself or others.

If you have mental health issues, though, you should be seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist. You can do that stuff as an outpatient.
>>
Don't worry about it. My mom is just as autistic as yours. Just ignore her, whenever she starts a yelling match just respond calm and uninterested. Move out when you are able to. And it'll be fine, she can't have you comitted w/o a doctor diagnosing you for something serious anyways. And as long as you're not suicidal ''depressive tendencies'' is no good reason.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.